PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Candidate Needs Your Help! [Rand Paul Endorsed]

Alan Brown Jr.
10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Hello Folks!

My name is Alan Brown, from Bardstown, KY, and I'm a long time reader of the forums. I got active in the liberty movement in 2007 during Ron's run, and together with my family and friends, have helped turn this area into Ron (and Rand) Paul country. Ron got 19% of the primary vote in this county (compared to 7% state average) and Rand received 70% (compared to 59%.)

Unfortunately, even though local voters are much more inclined toward liberty and constitutional government, our elected officials are not keeping up with them. In my town, businesses are packing up and leaving, due to stringent sign restrictions, planning and zoning regulations, and higher than average taxes. The Kentucky Constitution is not even a consideration for the current crop, and the limitations it places on government are ignored.

That's why I've made the decision to run for Bardstown City Council. Although I personally had no great desire to get into politics, it's going to take thousands of regular folks like me running for office to take our country back.

http://alanbrown2010.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Rand-Endorsement-HQ-300x175.jpg

I was recently honored to receive the endorsement (http://www.alanbrown2010.com) of Dr. Rand Paul. I met him in 2007 when he was campaigning for Ron, we were both Republican delegates at the District Convention, and he signed one of our petitions to Audit the Fed last year. (Our efforts led to Rep. Brett Guthrie cosponsoring two days later.) The story of Rand's visit, and a clip of him supporting me, ran every hour for around 48 hours on our local TV station (still working on a Youtube.) It generated a ton of momentum, and will help greatly with the Republicans, and boosting the credibility of a young person like me. If all goes according to plan, I am hoping to visit every voting home in town before the election. Victory may now be within reach.

But I need your help to pull this off. Beating the entrenched political establishment in our town won't be easy. We'll need more literature, and I am hoping to supplement our efforts with radio and TV advertisements in the final week, highlighting the endorsement and our plan to promote job creation by getting government out of the way and making a business-friendly environment. It's a small town, so donations (http://alanbrown2010.com/donations/) of any size will help. My estimates are:

If we raise $1,000, we can cover the costs of a lean but effective campaign.

If we raise $2,500, we can make a serious impact with a good chance of winning.

If we raise $5,000, the Establishment will never know what hit them.

A few years ago, I might have been able to self-fund an effort like this, where a small amount of money can make such a big difference. However, I gave the maximum donation to both Ron & Rand in their primaries, supported a variety of other liberty candidates, and have dramatically reduced my income to campaign for Rand (and myself,) so I'm asking for your help.

I know Presidential or Senate races are more exciting, but what is the use of returning power to local governments if they are also corrupt and ignore our constitutions? By taking the time to get involved, Dr. Paul showed the importance of local races, and his willingness to support the liberty movement's future. Not only is taking back local government integral to restoring our country, but it will also help lay the groundwork for our efforts in 2012.

So if you can afford $10, $25 or $50 it would be a huge help! And if someone out there can afford to make a larger donation, you might be the person responsible for a victory for liberty.

I've made the first step to run, and give people a constitutional candidate to support. Is this a cause worth supporting? Will we be able to afford to get the word out? It's up to you!

Please donate (http://alanbrown2010.com/donations/) today! Thank you for reading this!

Alan Brown Jr.

JoshLowry
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
You sure have waited til the last minute to let us know about you! ;)

Welcome to the forums and thanks for running Alan.

I think you've posted a pretty ideal blueprint for taking our country back. Best of luck!

I'll send a donation your way shortly.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
I can personally say there is no better candidate in Kentucky (for any race) better that Alan Brown!

Please send him a few bucks......

JoshLowry
10-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Chipped in $20.

Alan Brown Jr.
10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks very much, Josh!! I got started a little late because I've been primarily focused on Rand's campaign over the last year. However, things are rolling now, and even Rand views local races as extremely important.

Here's a clip of him talking about this race, and a few others:
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul Urges Support for Alan Brown and Stresses Importance of Local Races (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8T0BEdt4eM)

Anyone else willing to chip in? Even a little makes a big difference in a race like this. Thanks!