PDA

View Full Version : We raised $150k today!!!

TechnoGuyRob
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Great job, everyone! First time this quarter. :)

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Excellent work. Now, our next goal should be to put on a professional face.

Supporters spammed the campaign's conference call with voter fraud and conspiracy theory BS tonight--with MSNBC on the line.

Money's no good if the media puts us down like a dying dog like they did the Dean campaign after his supporters went batshit insane. All it takes is a small few to ruin the entire barrel, figuratively speaking.

terlinguatx
10-18-2007, 09:33 PM

brumans
10-18-2007, 09:33 PM
We're going to have to raise $210,000 every single day until the end of the month if we want to meet our goal of 4 Mil...

Tyler19
10-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Dang...... we almost beat Huckabees......

Monthly Goal.

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Here! Here! Ask youself before you do anything whether or not it will help Paul get elected by a MAJORITY of Americans.

I encourage you to bring up this point on the forum any time you hear things going out of control. ;)

Seriously, folks, we really have to get our shit straight if we want this upward trajectory to continue.

All it takes for momentum--no matter how fast or strong--to end is a big enough concrete wall. Encourage all the supporters you know to start getting professional. We're ambassadors of this campaign whether we like it or not and some supporters are doing the campaign a great disservice by making it seem quite unrepresentative of what this campaign stands for.

ValidusCustodiae
10-18-2007, 09:37 PM
The over-aggressive and overzealous conspiracy theorists aren't going away... I mean, I sympathize with your feelings and all. It's just that people that are motivated enough to try to throw their own agenda into Ron Paul's platform are predisposed to this sort of thing. Some of them are so extreme they might even accuse you of being some sort of plant if you try to dissuade such talk. Respectful conspiracy theorists like myself know when and how to present information to people. In most cases the depths of the rabbit hole scare away those unfamiliar with it. Brainwashing is done incrementally, so undoing it is usually an incremental process as well. You can't take a 225 million candlepower flashlight and shine it directly into a sleeping person's eyes and expect them to embrace that light. They're going to shy away. Do we want a big fat flashlight with Ron Paul's name on it? I don't think so. Any conspiracy theorists with half a brain, heed my words.

:cool:

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 09:40 PM
The over-aggressive and overzealous conspiracy theorists aren't going away... I mean, I sympathize with your feelings and all. It's just that people that are motivated enough to try to throw their own agenda into Ron Paul's platform are predisposed to this sort of thing. Some of them are so extreme they might even accuse you of being some sort of plant if you try to dissuade such talk. Respectful conspiracy theorists like myself know when and how to present information to people. In most cases the depths of the rabbit hole scare away those unfamiliar with it. Brainwashing is done incrementally, so undoing it is usually an incremental process as well. You can't take a 225 million candlepower flashlight and shine it directly into a sleeping person's eyes and expect them to embrace that light. They're going to shy away. Do we want a big fat flashlight with Ron Paul's name on it? I don't think so. Any conspiracy theorists with half a brain, heed my words.

:cool:

Then we need to step up and counter the negative effect they pose to the campaign until they decide to get their shit straight and start sticking to the campaign's points rather than their own agendas. It's as simple as that.

And thank you for your words. Awesome.

dmitchell
10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Supporters spammed the campaign's conference call with voter fraud and conspiracy theory BS tonight--with MSNBC on the line.
Really? How sad.

DjLoTi
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
That conference call was so bad, I talked a couple times but simply couldn't waste my time in there.

Revolution9
10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Heh.. You all are too effing polite. I would have bit their tongues off and spit them in the local 13 roundfile. Can you not just tell them to STFU and stop drooling into the phone? Also..chastise the hell out of the conference call coordinator for lying about the nature of the call.

Proactivity versus PC. I know where I stand..

Best
Randy

dmitchell
10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
So a conference hosted by Rand Paul and covered by MSNBC was a complete debacle? How embarrassing for Ron Paul. Is there some kind of live-blog or a discussion thread that I can read?

DrNoZone
10-19-2007, 08:25 AM
I was there on the call and I think it went just fine. There was only 1 caller I can recall who was out of hand. The rest were respectful and sounded very intelligent and sane to me. They were talking about the Clean Elections Lawsuit that was filed recently by some folks connected to We The People Foundation. A perfectly reasonable thing to be talking about.

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Heh.. You all are too effing polite. I would have bit their tongues off and spit them in the local 13 roundfile. Can you not just tell them to STFU and stop drooling into the phone? Also..chastise the hell out of the conference call coordinator for lying about the nature of the call.

Proactivity versus PC. I know where I stand..

Best
Randy

Hi Rev. I wish you would have been on the call. I would've loved to hear your input. :D

LibertyEagle
10-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Here's the thing guys, these people promote this call as a Nationwide call for Ron Paul Meetup members, but that's a little dishonest. Yes, everyone is welcome to listen, but the people who founded this weekly call are AFTF and Vote Fraud people. They are the ones who organized this weekly call. Therefore, you can always expect this type of things in these calls. Which is one of the reasons a lot of people no longer listen to it.

If any of us wants to establish a real Ron Paul weekly conference call, we could certainly do that.

ACJohn
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
How about a moderated chat?

Green Mountain Boy
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
So a conference hosted by Rand Paul and covered by MSNBC was a complete debacle? How embarrassing for Ron Paul. Is there some kind of live-blog or a discussion thread that I can read?

I'm not so sure it was "covered" by MSNBC. Anyways, whats the difference between a reporter listening in on a conference call and a reporter reading the wacky things we say on these forums?

micahnelson
10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
I'm not so sure it was "covered" by MSNBC. Anyways, whats the difference between a reporter listening in on a conference call and a reporter reading the wacky things we say on these forums?

Depending on what was said, its the difference between-

"Breaking News: Howard Dean Screamed Today"

and DeanScream.MP3