PDA

View Full Version : article: Paul visits Ashland after tense debate

thomas-in-ky
10-19-2010, 05:31 AM
“I think we’re at the tipping point,” he said. “I think we face a day of reckoning and that we need to wake up and get responsible leaders in our government. It will require some tough decisions. The question is, can you be honest, like I’ve tried to be, honest and forthright about what the problems are and still get elected or will you get, you know, simply demagogued to death by these people.”

Paul said mud-slinging is increasing, as shown during Sunday night’s debate by Conway’s attacks. At the end of the debate Paul refused to shake Conway’s hand.

Sherry Bolner, a volunteer at the Victory Headquarters from Ashland, watched the debate and said Paul stood up for himself and that Conway crossed a line in questioning Paul’s religious beliefs, calling it “desperate”

“I hate dirty, lowdown politics,” she said.

Article continues (decent, unbiased, but not much new!)...

article (http://dailyindependent.com/local/x1416241574/Paul-visits-Ashland-after-tense-debate)

A French TV station was there as well.

TheDriver
10-19-2010, 06:05 AM
I read something on Wave3 (http://www.wave3.com/story/13346326/hardball-talks-controversy-during-senate-debate) saying Paul blew off Matthews. Well, its kind of hard to be in Louisville, when you're on a bus tour in Ashland. (just saying)

thomas-in-ky
10-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Well, its kind of hard to be in Louisville, when you're on a bus tour in Ashland. (just saying)

no doubt... and being in Ashland to thank his volunteers in that victory office was extremely important. 2 weeks left, and having a motivated GOTV effort is critical. Tens (possibly hundreds) of thousands of dollars of ads can't have the same impact that a group of volunteers like them can have in this region.

LukeP
10-19-2010, 06:27 AM
well it seems to me after the Maddow debacle and constant playing of CONways lies that he was done with MSNBC.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
well it seems to me after the Maddow debacle and constant playing of CONways lies that he was done with MSNBC.

He tweeted after Conway's interview:

"Who knew going on MSNBC could backfire?"

Classic.