PDA

View Full Version : Raw Milk

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
10-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Can anyone give me some good information as to why raw milk is illegal to sell for consumption, Why raw milk is healthier, why pasteurized milk is bad?

TCE
10-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Pasteurized milk is milk heated at a very high temperature to kill bacteria. Unfortunately, at that high of heat, all of the nutrients essentially are gone from the milk. Raw milk is pure, unprocessed milk that has no added chemicals, fortifying nutrients, etc. added to it. Naturally, it will be better health-wise than its processed and chemical-laden alternative.

It is illegal primarily because of the "Interstate Commerce Clause." However, some states have laws that allow raw milk to be sold within their state. The government is worried about outbreaks of disease resulting from raw milk. I am of the mind that the individual should choose for himself what is good or bad for him, but the government disagrees.

heavenlyboy34
10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
if you want to drink the breast milk of an animal, raw milk is usually better because it doesn't have the hormones and such that are in "official" milk (thanks, FDA).

specsaregood
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Can anyone give me some good information as to why raw milk is illegal to sell for consumption, Why raw milk is healthier, why pasteurized milk is bad?

The main reason it was made illegal was the belief that raw milk from cows would spread tuberculosis.

Ninja Homer
10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/

Baptist
10-19-2010, 09:38 PM
For the past few years I've been thinking about giving raw milk a try. My reason? Because I see gun-wielding government thugs raiding farmers, hippies and the Amish. If the government is that afraid of raw milk, then it must be freaking good for us.

You may think I'm joking, but that is why I'm searching for raw milk in my area. I'm at the point where I don't even bother researching the science behind health issues anymore. Now I simply see which position the government takes and do the opposite.