PDA

View Full Version : Conway coming up on Hardball at 5:00 ET

jct74
10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
We'll see what Chris has to say about Aqua Buddha. I have a feeling he may lay into CONway, even he though he works for MSNBC. Should be interesting, will be broadcast from University of Louisville campus. Someone might want to tape.

UPDATE #2: Here's the tube of the full opening segment with Conway.

YouTube - Matthews Plays HARDBALL With Jack Conway About Questioning Rand Paul's Faith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuPgey-YT60)

TheDriver
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Mad props to the supporters holding Rand Paul signs! :cool:

Kotin
10-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Mad props to the supporters holding Rand Paul signs! :cool:

Indeed.. That's a lot of signs..

Lol Matthews is kinda grilling him..

Edit: matthews is fucking hammering him!!! WTF?? Is he a closet Paul supporter?

Lolololololol

LibertyEagle
10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Matthews is cleaning Conway's clock. This is great. :)

Ekrub
Holy crap, Conway is getting grilled

MRoCkEd
Lmao!

Chris Matthews is owning him!

MsDoodahs
10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
hmmm.....I get the feeling Mathews does not like Conway at all.

ronaldo23
10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
YES! this interview should be made into an ad by Dr. Paul. Matthews really called him out

Kotin
10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
hmmm.....I get the feeling Mathews does not like Conway at all.

I agree.. I always knew he liked Rand at least as a person and liked him for being genuine.. But shit he really went after Conway..

teacherone
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
achhhhhhhhhhh i gave my TV away to the polish lady that cleans our building's stairs...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sluggo
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Conway has really made an ass of himself. I feel sorry for those idiots holding his signs.

aravoth
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I hope someone tubed it, I won't be able to watch till I get home from work :(

I feel like I'm missing the superbowl or something

teacherone
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
and TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

sailingaway
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Tooooob!!!

MsDoodahs
Yikes Mathews said he's having Rand on.

when? today?

eta after the treatment Ron and Rand have gotten from the MSDNC thugs, NEITHER of them should go on the network, ever.

Kotin
Lol it's just so ironic and funny that this happened to Conway on msnbc.. Hahahaha.. This made my day..

LibertyEagle
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Aravoth, let's just put it this way. 'Ol Jack was NOT a happy camper. You could just feel him squirm. lol

Ekrub
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
yeah, we need a tube of that one quick. Matthews every once in a while delivers a good interview.

However not long back ago he grilled someone for calling tax cuts a cost to government (can't remember who), but today he said something about the Bush tax cuts being a cost to government. Wish he was more consistent on that.

aravoth
Aravoth, let's just put it this way. 'Ol Jack was NOT a happy camper. You could just feel him squirm. lol

Did he stutter? Please tell me that little pile of shit stuttered....

teacherone
^^ooopsss old video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsDoodahs
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Chuck Todd discussing seats in play now....KY is in the mix as in play.

Chris said Rand Paul SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

wow.

eta now Todd saying Rand has thought more about the role of gov't than any other candidates, Rand embodies the Tea Party movement more than any other candidate.....

sluggo
10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Did he stutter? Please tell me that little pile of shit stuttered....

He twitched a little when Matthews changed subjects.

Kotin
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Chuck Todd discussing seats in play now....KY is in the mix as in play.

Chris said Rand Paul SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

wow.

eta now Todd saying Rand has thought more about the role of gov't than any other candidates, Rand embodies the Tea Party movement more than any other candidate.....

I have decided that Chris Matthews is a closet Rand Paul supporter..

economics102
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
This is painful. Someone get this on the TUBES so I can watch it!!!

RM918
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
^^ooopsss old video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured. "Man, if this is what Matthews is like when he's mean I don't want to see what he's like when he's nice."

ronaldo23
10-18-2010, 03:26 PM
wow ... the first admission from MSNBC that the tea party actually has a net-positive effect on the Republican party? Usually it is "teabagger" followed by various Olbermann/Maddow rants about how 'these racists/loonys are going to sink the party'.

Also the correspondent Matthews interviewed said Rand is the most philosophical of all the tea party candidates.

specsaregood
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Not having a toob or cable, i keep expecting to see that I'm being pranked in this thread.

Kýrie eléison
10-18-2010, 03:33 PM
t00bz or it didn't happen

jct74
10-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Conway was promoting this appearance on his twitter account and in a campaign email too. Sucks for him! I can't wait to see this. :)

yatez112
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Yikes Mathews said he's having Rand on.
when? today?

eta after the treatment Ron and Rand have gotten from the MSDNC thugs, NEITHER of them should go on the network, ever.

Guess he won't be, because he mentioned later that it's been hard to get Rand on the show.

FSP-Rebel
10-18-2010, 03:46 PM
The KY GOP guy is up next.

FSP-Rebel
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Man, I can't believe the amount of Conway supporting students in the background there. It's like they're willing to throw their futures down the toilet. Either that or they're just clueless.

malkusm
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
WTF, no tube yet?

Are we slacking around here or what?

tsai3904
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
YouTube - Chris Matthews Nearly Makes Jack Conway Cry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKEFzyDEn3w)

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
^^^^ super hero

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
AWESEOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

love the line of attack about being a lawyer and using this shyte as evidence

Dreamofunity
10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Man, I can't believe the amount of Conway supporting students in the background there. It's like they're willing to throw their futures down the toilet. Either that or they're just clueless.

College Democrats, most likely.

Brett85
10-18-2010, 04:18 PM

It's probably the student loan issue. Many of them are probably convinced that Rand wants to take away their student loans.

Aldanga
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Amazing, amazing... Jack is so out of his comfort zone. :D

Chris Matthews is my new favorite person on MSNBC. Now, that's not saying a lot, but given that he often claims to be a former libertarian, I can't help but hope he somehow rekindles his love of liberty.

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM
watched it three times already...

keep getting a tingly feeling up my leg every time mathews attacks...

specsaregood
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
AWESEOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

love the line of attack about being a lawyer and using this shyte as evidence

Yeah, I know the "false witness" reference is primarily old testament based; but I thought it was doubly good because it applies to Jacks current career.

brandon
10-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh man Mathews fucking owned him. That was awesome. Mathews can be one hell of an interviewer when he wants to be.

aravoth
10-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh man Mathews fucking owned him. That was awesome. Mathews can be one hell of an interviewer when he wants to be.

lol, yeah I'm still laughing about it over here. I don't know what the Conway campaign was thinking, but I am enjoying this right now.

low preference guy
10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
wow.

i. have. no. words.

I just watched Chris Matthews express moral outrage at Jack Conway to his face. wow.

TheTyke
10-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know where to find the rest of the video? Apparently Chris interviewed a bunch of students... I wanted to see that as well.

specsaregood
10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
wow.
i. have. no. words.
I just watched Chris Matthews express moral outrage at Jack Conway to his face. wow.

I'm wondering if it is a matter of quarantining, to prevent the damage from spreading to other democrats in danger of losing.

Romulus
10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
That was great.. he said Rand was coming on?

torchbearer
10-18-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm wondering if it is a matter of quarantining, to prevent the damage from spreading to other democrats in danger of losing.

i believe so. Chris even stated kinda as an aside to jack. "by the way, some democrats really don't like this kind of stuff" or something similar to that quote.

amisspelledword
10-18-2010, 04:37 PM
this was unexpected. backfired.

also, how insane is this that they are reporting from the ground here. KY never gets much attention. this is kind of awesome...

achhhhhhhhhhh i gave my TV away to the polish lady that cleans our building's stairs...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:39 PM
i believe so. Chris even stated kinda as an aside to jack. "by the way, some democrats really don't like this kind of stuff" or something similar to that quote.

no...he said a lot of dems don't like his ad.

seems like conway is being cut off and hung to dry.

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM

thank god for rpfs and youtuebzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torchbearer
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
no...he said a lot of dems don't like his ad.

seems like conway is being cut off and hung to dry.

that's what i mean. maybe it didn't come out right.
they brought Jack on the show to sacrifice him in order to save the rest of the dem tickets.
distancing themselves from jack.

specsaregood
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
that's what i mean. maybe it didn't come out right.
they brought Jack on the show to sacrifice him in order to save the rest of the dem tickets.
distancing themselves from jack.

Makes sense. Somewhat interesting is that it was Mathews that they chose to do it, even more interesting is that Conway didn't seem to have been given advance notice.

Bruno
10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
One minute into watching this interview and I get a call from the Rand Paul campaign. Just donated $17.76. :)

amisspelledword
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
One minute into watching this interview and I get a call from the Rand Paul campaign. Just donated $17.76. :)

you've inspired me as well

civusamericanus
10-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Makes sense. Somewhat interesting is that it was Mathews that they chose to do it, even more interesting is that Conway didn't seem to have been given advance notice.

Of course they used Chris Matthews, it's the oldest organized crime trick in the book, "they choose someone Conway fealt comfortable with or even his best media friend, to pull the trigger."

Just last week, straight from the official Jack Conway for Senate Youtube site Chris Matthews said he thinks Conway's going to win!

YouTube - Chris Matthews "I think Jack Conway is going to win" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEbckDaQlc)

S.Shorland
10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Paul should NOT go on this man's show.

civusamericanus
10-18-2010, 05:18 PM
I agree, Paul should not go on anymore left wing media shows and should no longer debate Conway. Paul's won IMHO, and Conway is going to spend the next couple weeks defending his idiotic ad.

Brett85
10-18-2010, 05:18 PM

It wouldn't hurt anything to go on his show after the election is over.

sailingaway
10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
It wouldn't hurt anything to go on his show after the election is over.

I think after the election is over -- NOT right after the win. Because he should be able to frame his own image with people before he goes where they may want to tear it apart.... but Ron has had good interviews with Matthews.

Anti Federalist
10-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I agree, Paul should not go on anymore left wing media shows and should no longer debate Conway. Paul's won IMHO, and Conway is going to spend the next couple weeks defending his idiotic ad.

This. ^^^

There is nothing more to be gained, and plenty to be lost, by making hostile media appearances or appearing in "debates".

Travel the state, do voter outreach, stay on target.

http://tomasinoblog.com/images/stay-on-target.gif

ItsTime
10-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Throwing Jack under the bus. :D

Jeremy Tyler
10-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Alright I was there. Me and a couple of others were there representing Students for Liberty and handing out flyers on tax policy and promoting Rand Paul and Phil Moffett. Friend had obama mask on and i had chains on me with signs saying "Slave to debt, Slave to taxes". We did that to get us interviews, which we did with all 3 local news stations. Anyways on to the interview....IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Conway just could not handle himself. And you should of seen all the looks on the conway supporters faces.....they were so pissed and upset! It was good times!

lx43
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Matthews did a good job IMO hammering Conway on his attack on Rand belief.

lx43
10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Alright I was there. Me and a couple of others were there representing Students for Liberty and handing out flyers on tax policy and promoting Rand Paul and Phil Moffett. Friend had obama mask on and i had chains on me with signs saying "Slave to debt, Slave to taxes". We did that to get us interviews, which we did with all 3 local news stations. Anyways on to the interview....IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! Conway just could not handle himself. And you should of seen all the looks on the conway supporters faces.....they were so pissed and upset! It was good times!

Any tube of your interview? lol Love to see it and thank you for promoting liberty.

Bruno
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Great report, thanks!

Any tube of your interview? lol Love to see it and thank you for promoting liberty.

+ 1

Jeremy Tyler
10-18-2010, 06:46 PM

They news shows don't come on till tonight but we are definitely going to try and get a tube of each one if possible.

devil21
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Or he's going to be jumping ship from MSNBC when the Dems go down in flames over the next couple years. Starting to gun for a Fox News job? lol

Great interview though. Thanks for posting.

Cowlesy
10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
This. ^^^

There is nothing more to be gained, and plenty to be lost, by making hostile media appearances or appearing in "debates".

Travel the state, do voter outreach, stay on target.

http://tomasinoblog.com/images/stay-on-target.gif

lololololololololololol

I still can't believe what I just watched in that Youtube clip......

sailingaway
10-18-2010, 07:03 PM

I think he likes RON and is willing to give Rand a chance. That last interview Ron did with him I think reminded him of his youth as a Goldwater supporter. I think he considers the ideology idealistic and impractical, but never evil.

sailingaway
10-18-2010, 07:11 PM
this was unexpected. backfired.

also, how insane is this that they are reporting from the ground here. KY never gets much attention. this is kind of awesome...

Chris was coming in any event as sort of a campaign boost for Conway, I thought. The ad and debate changed the tone, it seems.

Cowlesy
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Where's Fozz to tell us, "This wasn't that bad for Conway. It'll him get votes."

Bruno
10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Where's Fozz to tell us, "This wasn't that bad for Conway. It'll him get votes."

lmao

the same place yumyum is now that gold is over $1350/oz. :D

invisible
10-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I nominate this for the best political interview of this entire election cycle! It's about time that the media did their jobs down there in KY! Now, if only the H-L and C-J would follow suit. conman's free pass in the media should have ran out long ago.

sailingaway
10-18-2010, 07:39 PM

union worker kids.

I firmly believe Conway has no supporters. Rand has opponents and Obama has supporters, and O for A and unions are staffing for Conway.

aravoth
10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I just can't see how any campaign would run an ad like this without realizing that it would be political suicide.

I only have two explanations for this ad that I can come up with...

One is that there must be a secret Rand Paul supporter buried deep behind enemy lines who convinced Jack Conway to run this ad knowing full well that this would blow up in his face.

Or two, Jack Conway is a deranged jackass.

0zzy
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
hahahahAHAHAHAHAhahaha.

WOW! He got SLAPPED SILLY by Chris Mathews. That was amazing. I loved it.

Kotin
10-18-2010, 09:14 PM

Bingo.

messana
10-18-2010, 09:26 PM
lol I can't believe that all of this was in front of his supporters.

Oh the humanity.

ronaldo23
10-18-2010, 10:05 PM
guys I think we are being overly optimistic about Matthews...I think tonight was an anomaly. Be prepared for some last minute Conway endorsments from Matthews in the final 2 weeks...

Dripping Rain
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
I just can't see how any campaign would run an ad like this without realizing that it would be political suicide.

One is that there must be a secret Rand Paul supporter buried deep behind enemy lines who convinced Jack Conway to run this ad knowing full well that this would blow up in his face.

theres a third possibility that I hope is just my imagination.
They have this woman in an ad ready to be released 7-10 days before election day. Or theyre trying to bait her into coming public to use her.
That's how Harold Ford Jr. who was projected to win the 2006 Senate seat in TN lost.
Once the NRSC ran the "call me" ad it was over for Ford. Thats how Corker got elected
All I wanted to say is this is all great for Rand unless they still have this trick up their sleeves or else Conway is toast kapeesh

tsetsefly
10-18-2010, 11:01 PM

3. Their internal polling shows they are in trouble and this was a hail mary(no pun intended lol) pass to try and win some votes...

jct74
10-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Here's the tube of the FULL opening segment with Jack Conway, 13 minutes long. The original tube was only 7 minutes long, so I guess some portion got cropped out where they weren't discussing the Aqua Buddha ad.

YouTube - Matthews Plays HARDBALL With Jack Conway About Questioning Rand Paul's Faith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuPgey-YT60)

jct74
10-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Here's a few other segments from that episode of Hardball:

Matthews interviews a University of Louisville professor who thinks Conway's ad was a bad idea
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39728855

Matthews interviews some people in the crowd about Paul and CONway
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39729273

Chuck Todd and Chris Matthews discuss Senate races - Rand Paul is talked about from 2:00 to 3:25, they agree Rand Paul is the REAL tea party candidate
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39728827

Matthews interviews head of Kentucky GOP Steve Robertson in a short 2 minute segment:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39729218

HarryBrowneLives
10-19-2010, 01:32 AM

Damn right. The Dems see a dead man walking politically after this stunt and are running as fast as they can. There is a phrase in the south that describes what Conman has done ... we call it "Shittin' and fallin' back in it".:D

RyanRSheets
10-19-2010, 06:38 AM
It's probably the student loan issue. Many of them are probably convinced that Rand wants to take away their student loans.

To amplify things, it was also held on the U of L campus, just like the debate. Really prime conditions to pull in as many Conway supporters and make him look great, but this interview will really hurt him.

sailingaway
10-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Here's a few other segments from that episode of Hardball:

Matthews interviews a University of Louisville professor who thinks Conway's ad was a bad idea
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39728855

Matthews interviews some people in the crowd about Paul and CONway
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39729273

Chuck Todd and Chris Matthews discuss Senate races - Rand Paul is talked about from 2:00 to 3:25, they agree Rand Paul is the REAL tea party candidate
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39728827

Matthews interviews head of Kentucky GOP Steve Robertson in a short 2 minute segment:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39729218

Thank you, I wanted to see those.