PDA

View Full Version : 2 Suggestions for November 5th Site...

RCA
10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
1) Create a live subscription counter (if feasible).

2) Center the layout of the page (i.e. Apple.com, Honda.com).

3) Change the slogan to "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November"

rp4prez
10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
where the heck is this site anyway?

RCA
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
http://www.thisnovember5th.com/

mannycp
10-18-2007, 08:45 PM
everybody subscribe,

RCA
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
bump

I hope the site creator reads my suggestions.

RCA
10-18-2007, 10:04 PM
bump

TyTodd
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Great feedback RCA. Personally, I love the background image on the website but am not fond of the video clip. I am a huge fan of V for Vendetta, having read the original graphic novel and seen the movie, but I do not think the overt references to the movie in the video clip are relevant or appropriate to the campaign. Yes, I understand it is just a movie, and yes I realize that there are parallels between V and how we view Dr. Paul, but couldn't we choose a more benign set of imagery - such as the founders Jefferson and Washington - rather than comparing Paul to Fawkes / V? I would hate to turn off even one potential donor or negatively turn a single media commentary just because they are not down with V, the violent imagery, etc.

As usual, just my 2 cents. I think this is an awesome project!

davidhperry
10-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Great feedback RCA. Personally, I love the background image on the website but am not fond of the video clip. I am a huge fan of V for Vendetta, having read the original graphic novel and seen the movie, but I do not think the overt references to the movie in the video clip are relevant or appropriate to the campaign. Yes, I understand it is just a movie, and yes I realize that there are parallels between V and how we view Dr. Paul, but couldn't we choose a more benign set of imagery - such as the founders Jefferson and Washington - rather than comparing Paul to Fawkes / V? I would hate to turn off even one potential donor or negatively turn a single media commentary just because they are not down with V, the violent imagery, etc.

Agreed. Honestly, the clip is lame and I think it should be replaced with one of the more widely viewed ones. Those have hundreds of thousands of views of a reason - they are very compelling and this one isn't.

jake
10-18-2007, 11:13 PM
adding that the video should be changed immediately. no offense to the creator.

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Why not just use the "A New Hope" vid. It is 985023482503345234529897 times better

Energy
10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
The website owner is lyman.trevor (at) gmail (dot) com if you want to send suggestions. It's published in the domain whois lookup.

And I agree, I think a different video will do better, without the Fawkers/V imagery. Use "benign set of imagery - such as the founders Jefferson and Washington" as TyTodd suggested.

Can someone make a better, more tasteful video to inform about the upcoming Nov 5th?

And, IMO, the digg link on that page needs to change because it has the word "Spammers" (a negative connotation):
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Spammers_Needed_Historic_Mass_Donation_Da y_We_CAN_Do_This

RPTXState
10-18-2007, 11:20 PM
everybody subscribe,

Please only subscribe if you will be donating $100 on the 5th....it'll look stupid if we have 100k subscribers and only bring in 500k.....

G-khan
10-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Why not just use the "A New Hope" vid. It is 985023482503345234529897 times better

Have you seen the movie?

G-khan
10-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Please only subscribe if you will be donating $100 on the 5th....it'll look stupid if we have 100k subscribers and only bring in 500k.....

Might want to make it real clear that by subscribing you are pledging to donate at least 100 on the 5th? It does not state that?

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Have you seen the movie?

Yes, I have seen the movie, I like it a lot. But please see my other posts for my reasoning why associating Paul with V is fucking retarded.

Please see my posts in this thread: The 5th Of November - 4 those of you that don't understand

RCA
10-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I just sent him these suggestions:

1) Create a live subscription counter (if feasible).

2) Center the layout of the page (i.e. Apple.com, Honda.com).

3) Change the slogan to "Remember, Remember, the 5th of November"

4) Make it really clear that subscribing means that you are pledging to give at least $100 to RonPaul2008 on November 5th.

5) Also, some are wanting the video with the V footage replaced with another RP video.

G-khan
10-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, I have seen the movie, I like it a lot. But please see my other posts for my reasoning why associating Paul with V is fucking retarded.

Please see my posts in this thread: The 5th Of November - 4 those of you that don't understand

Thank you for your opinion and I do not agree..

Are you also against the Revolution signs?

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Thank you for your opinion and I do not agree..

Are you also against the Revolution signs?

It isn't so much that I think "Ron Paul Revolution" is a bad slogan. I think that "Love" in it is kind of hippyish though and might turn off typical republicans. I think you have to be careful with using revolution because it is a loaded word.

G-khan
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
It isn't so much that I think "Ron Paul Revolution" is a bad slogan. I think that "Love" in it is kind of hippyish though and might turn off typical republicans. I think you have to be careful with using revolution because it is a loaded word.

A vote for Ron Paul is a revolution against what is now our government. People are sick of what we have and that includes the average American. Ron Paul stands alone against our growing government. Electing him is nothing less than a revolution IMO.

You do what you want and promote how you want and I will do the same. I just wish people would stop pissing in this punch bowel. Its a good idea and it got me to donate more than I intended to. In fact I may double up on what I give just because all those saying it is bad..