PDA

View Full Version : 2012 great chance for Paul to win Nomination!

tsetsefly
10-18-2010, 03:13 AM
The maya calendar predicted... lol

But seriously, its the best chance to have a non neocon win the nomination for one single reason.

The democrats will not have a primary, or at least not a competitive one!

Last time many people (alot of them young voters) registered democrat to vote for The One even though they liked Paul. Paul has that cross party appeal that if we could convince some dems especially younger ones to vote for Paul to keep the neocons, moralist and mentally insane out of the running, I think we have a real shot at seeing Paul win the nomination.

However the work must start early and Paul must declare his candidacy with time and IMO even hint at a possible VP choice for people who might be concerned with his age.

Last time alot of people registered republican for the first time ever and for what Paul was against finishing 3rd and 4th in some of the primaries really wasn't that bad at all. With more time, better preparation and no Dem primary this is the best chance we have!

Karsten
10-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree. Last time Ron Paul was unheard of, had NO youtube videos, and started with a 1% polling. This time he'll start at 13%. That's a whole heck of a lot better. And remember, you only need to win the first primary or 2 with 30% to start the ball rolling.

Imperial
10-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree. Last time Ron Paul was unheard of, had NO youtube videos, and started with a 1% polling. This time he'll start at 13%. That's a whole heck of a lot better. And remember, you only need to win the first primary or 2 with 30% to start the ball rolling.

Which poll is the 13% based off of? I know PPP had him at 13% as an Indy against Obama and Romney.

I don't think Dr. Paul can win the nomination, but he can give it one heck of a fight. In Iowa he got 10%, despite a botched GOTV nomination and a lack of preparation for the tide of volunteers for the campaign. This year the money will come in early, they will be ready for the volunteers and a good GOTV, we have supporters in the Iowa GOP leadership, and an infrastructure in the Iowa YAL groups.

And if we get at least 2nd place in Iowa and head into New Hampshire strong, who knows what will happen? He will definitely get a lot of press and a lot more attention for our viewpoints.

jmdrake
10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
The maya calendar predicted... lol

But seriously, its the best chance to have a non neocon win the nomination for one single reason.

The democrats will not have a primary, or at least not a competitive one!

Last time many people (alot of them young voters) registered democrat to vote for The One even though they liked Paul. Paul has that cross party appeal that if we could convince some dems especially younger ones to vote for Paul to keep the neocons, moralist and mentally insane out of the running, I think we have a real shot at seeing Paul win the nomination.

However the work must start early and Paul must declare his candidacy with time and IMO even hint at a possible VP choice for people who might be concerned with his age.

Last time alot of people registered republican for the first time ever and for what Paul was against finishing 3rd and 4th in some of the primaries really wasn't that bad at all. With more time, better preparation and no Dem primary this is the best chance we have!

This. I've already tested out the "Since Obama will run unopposed, why don't you vote for Ron Paul and have Obama face an antiwar republican" message on some of my Obama supporting friends and family. It's sells! Of course this is something would have to be done by stealth. That and we can pick up some disgruntled independents who voted for Obama just to vote against McCain.

Indy Vidual
10-31-2010, 08:15 PM
We live in wild times, can he really win?

Karsten
10-31-2010, 11:07 PM
The point is that in 2007 he started out with absolutely ZERO name recognition. I did a youtube search in January 07 and found TWO videos with Ron Paul in them. Now there's countless. The point is he's starting with name recognition, and a MUCH more sizable base. Don't forget the CPAC win and everything. In 2007 he started with NO grassroots support and built up quite a grassroots following. Now we can continue where we left off, and then some. In 2007 I feel you all were WAY overly optimistic. Now it seems like everybody's WAY overly pessimistic. Ron Paul has a very good chance in 12!

Which poll is the 13% based off of? I know PPP had him at 13% as an Indy against Obama and Romney.

I don't think Dr. Paul can win the nomination, but he can give it one heck of a fight. In Iowa he got 10%, despite a botched GOTV nomination and a lack of preparation for the tide of volunteers for the campaign. This year the money will come in early, they will be ready for the volunteers and a good GOTV, we have supporters in the Iowa GOP leadership, and an infrastructure in the Iowa YAL groups.

And if we get at least 2nd place in Iowa and head into New Hampshire strong, who knows what will happen? He will definitely get a lot of press and a lot more attention for our viewpoints.

K466
11-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Our chances of winning are equal to the effort we put into this campaign. In 2007, there were many obstacles that we will not have this time around. We can do it :D

tsetsefly
11-10-2010, 05:35 AM
The point is that in 2007 he started out with absolutely ZERO name recognition. I did a youtube search in January 07 and found TWO videos with Ron Paul in them. Now there's countless. The point is he's starting with name recognition, and a MUCH more sizable base. Don't forget the CPAC win and everything. In 2007 he started with NO grassroots support and built up quite a grassroots following. Now we can continue where we left off, and then some. In 2007 I feel you all were WAY overly optimistic. Now it seems like everybody's WAY overly pessimistic. Ron Paul has a very good chance in 12!

Agree. I was really disappointed in how his 08 campaign was run. I think they never expected the money or number of volunteers. THis time they must be ready for it and plan accordingly. Iowa is crucial, a top 2 finish is almost a must and a win in NH would be huge.

DutchLiberty
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Focus all on a CPAC 2011 win for now, its the only way!
The media will ignore everything else......