PDA

View Full Version : Activism Bomb! Oct. 30 NBC/Jay Leno

bmcosti
10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
You have heard about the Money Bomb well how about an activism bomb? An activism event where it is in NBC's financial interest to take notice of our grassroots efforts.

Have you watched your local and national newscasts lately? Did you ever notice that they always seem to find opportunities to promote themselves? Like, ABC News promoting Disney movies or CBS News doing stories on the actors and actresses that just happen to be on the networks other shows. Let’s make it easy for NBC to give itself an excuse to promote Jay Leno’s interview with Ron Paul, and let’s help them generate buzz and viewership for the interview. Let’s get 1,000’s of Ron Paul supporters all over the country to show their thanks to NBC by getting supporters to show up at their tapings. Many NBC news outlets New York, Chicago, have glass encased studios that are viewable to the street. We should show up Ron Paul style with banners, signs, and most important supporters, to rally outside the media studios in thanks of NBC's Tonight Show interview with Ron Paul.

Ron Paul supporters this day will be our opportunity to show NBC and America what type of grassroots support we have. This is a whole new market for us 5.7 Million viewers per night, and if we create a lot of buzz and increase viewership 10-20% this will cause other shows to take notice and Ron Paul will become a much hotter booking for all the top shows. Let us make this be a watershed event for Ron Paul and the peace and freedom movement. No other candidate has done something like this, and quite frankly I don't think they could muster the support. Let's show them that thier is something special going on with the Ron Paul campaign.

1. Let all your friends and family know that Ron Paul will be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Make sure they watch it, tape it, or TiVo it.

Here is a sample email:

Dear Jane Voter,

I wanted to let you know that I have found an extraordinary candidate for President. Dr. Ron Paul is unlike any Presidential candidate this country has had in my lifetime. He is going to be on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on October 30th on NBC. I will be watching and I hope that you do too.

Here is a short YouTube video to familiarize your self with the candidate has been called the “Taxpayers Best Friend…EVER”, “the Champion of the Constitution”, “The Thomas Jefferson of our generation”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA

2. Find your local NBC affiliate call them and thank them for NBC booking Ron Paul on the Tonight Show. http://www.nbc.com/nbc/header/Local_Stations/

3. On October 30th, stop by the building that films their newscasts and hold signs and rally in thanks to NBC for the coverage.

As I said the networks will look for any reason to give their shows extra publicity. If you let them know you are coming, and show a good crowd, the grassroots efforts could get much deserved additional coverage in many local markets. it's in there financial interest.

Regards,

Brian Costin

bmcosti
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone the Chicago Meetup.com group is on board. We got 10 people signed up already.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/calendar/6561466/

Let me know if your group is signed up as well.

RP4ME
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I think RP supporters need to get tickets and bring posters and T shirts to support the good Dr. on the air!

bmcosti
10-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Has the LA/Burbank group scheduled an event for this yet? It is crucially important that they have a huge showing outside and inside. Let's rock that place!

bmcosti
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Let me know!

McDermit
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Groups aross the country should organize sign wavings at rush hour on Oct 30th. At least one sign per group should mention Leno on NBC.

And then call your local NBC affiliate and mention the crazies with the signs. At least SOME of us should get local coverage as well.

ValidusCustodiae
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
It's nice to see a lot less people are getting paranoid about Ron Paul engaging in conversation with comedians. I think it's one of the best ways to reach an audience of people that typically hates politics.

bmcosti
10-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone a short update! We have contact the NBC News affiliate, and the producer said "come on out, we would love to have you outside our studios." He didn't gauruntee anything but I think he is receptive. The Chicago studio is a glass studio that shoots with people in the background. This could be a good blurb for Ron Paul on our nightly news in Chicago with hundreds of thousands of viewers.

Start one up in your local meetup group at the local NBC news station.