PDA

View Full Version : Revolt Against TSA Tyranny - Airline Pilot Refuses to be Viewed Naked

Yvonne
10-17-2010, 11:14 AM
My name is Michael Roberts, and I am a pilot for ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., based in Houston (that is, I still am for the time being). This morning as I attempted to pass through the security line for my commute to work I was denied access to the secured area of the terminal building at Memphis International Airport. I have passed through the same line roughly once per week for the past four and a half years without incident. Today, however, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents at this checkpoint were using one of the new Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) systems that are currently being deployed at airports across the nation.

Read the rest -- it gets a whole lot worse:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/roberts-m1.1.1.html

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 11:29 AM
No, but I understand there are other, better ways to keep them (terrorists) off. Besides, at this point I’m more concerned with the greater threat to our rights and liberties as a free society."

"Yeah, I know," he said. And then, to my amazement, he continued, "But somebody’s already taken those away."

Good for him.

awake
10-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Good for him.

Good for him, good for all.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Good for him, good for all.

I raise hell to everyone around me every time I "opt out" of their stupid machines.

Makes me sick to watch the endless, mindless, mundanes just placidly submitting.

Sheeple, truly.

awake
10-17-2010, 11:37 AM
The natural leaders always lead, not by force, but example.

Philhelm
10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
No, this isn't good for anyone. I applaud the pilot's principled stance, but this will most likely just end with him fired, and then back to business as usual.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 11:52 AM
No, this isn't good for anyone. I applaud the pilot's principled stance, but this will most likely just end with him fired, and then back to business as usual.

We're all fired Phil.

We're all on the way to prison.

Just a question of when.

awake
10-17-2010, 11:52 AM

So go along to get along? In the age of the internet his act can reverberate into infinity for others to emulate.

silentshout
10-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I raise hell to everyone around me every time I "opt out" of their stupid machines.

Makes me sick to watch the endless, mindless, mundanes just placidly submitting.

Sheeple, truly.

Good for you. I have yet to encounter one of those machines, since i don't fly very often, but when I do, i will refuse. Those things creep me out.

Philhelm
10-17-2010, 11:57 AM
So go along to get along?

No. I appreciate what the man had done. However, as we cheer from the sidelines, this person will most likely have to put out his résumé. Civil disobedience can only work if it happens en masse. All I'm saying, is that while I appreciate the resistance, I don't consider this to be some sort of victory.

Edit: My interpretation of this story is of a principled man who may lose his job because he decided to make a stand. I also interpret this story to be one in which the illogical nature of the TSA goons and cops is clearly displayed. He's a fucking pilot; he can purposely crash the plane if he so chooses, yet they want to check his shoes?

awake
10-17-2010, 12:05 PM
No. I appreciate what the man had done. However, as we cheer from the sidelines, this person will most likely have to put out his résumé. Civil disobedience can only work if it happens en masse. All I'm saying, is that while I appreciate the resistance, I don't consider this to be some sort of victory.

Victory is still victory even at the individual level. Single acts by individual men have changed the course of human events, they always have. The masses are nothing more than individual actors, the more of those individuals who see some one predominate resiting, they may do so themselves in the same situation.

Philhelm
10-17-2010, 12:08 PM
We're all fired Phil.

We're all on the way to prison.

Just a question of when.

They'll have to kill me at that point.

Bossobass
10-17-2010, 12:19 PM
My new hero.

Way to go, Captain/FO Roberts!

Fuck TSA. Bunch of GS pukes who can't find their asses with both hands.

From day 1, I refuse to be rousted by the SS with no probable cause.

I don't feel safer because I'm NOT safer. Just rousted and unnecessarily delayed.

I've been saying it for decades; every time they pass a law they end up with a higher percentage of criminals because honest people will just walk away, reasoning that it isn't worth the hassle, while the criminal will just figure out a way around the BS law.

I suggest a letter of support for this pilot so that he may present thousands of letters of encouragement to his boss and the GS Pukes. I'm sure this won't happen in the United States of Apathy, but mine is already written and on its way.

Bosso

specsaregood
10-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Or worse it gives them more reason to replace real pilots with completely computer-flown airplanes. Next ya know, they'll have casting calls for "pilots" just to make the passengers feel safe.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 12:30 PM
They'll have to kill me at that point.

That's what it will come to.

FWIW coming from me, I'm there as well.

What we do defines who we are, not what we own, or what we possess or gain.

Even a silent, solo, unknown stand against tyranny holds in better stead in the great cosmic reckoning, than those who would trade their soul and home for gain.

Or, as Sir Walter Scott said:

Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said,
This is my own, my native land!
Whose heart hath ne’er within him burned,
As home his footsteps he hath turned
From wandering on a foreign strand!
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonored , and unsung.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Always good to see you pop in around here, Bosso.

+rep

My new hero.

Way to go, Captain/FO Roberts!

Fuck TSA. Bunch of GS pukes who can't find their asses with both hands.

From day 1, I refuse to be rousted by the SS with no probable cause.

I don't feel safer because I'm NOT safer. Just rousted and unnecessarily delayed.

I've been saying it for decades; every time they pass a law they end up with a higher percentage of criminals because honest people will just walk away, reasoning that it isn't worth the hassle, while the criminal will just figure out a way around the BS law.

I suggest a letter of support for this pilot so that he may present thousands of letters of encouragement to his boss and the GS Pukes. I'm sure this won't happen in the United States of Apathy, but mine is already written and on its way.

Bosso

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Or worse it gives them more reason to replace real pilots with completely computer-flown airplanes. Next ya know, they'll have casting calls for "pilots" just to make the passengers feel safe.

Joke among the flying set:

There will be only two living things on the flight deck of the future.

A dog and a pilot.

The pilot is there to feed the dog.

The dog is there to bite the pilot in case he touches anything.

specsaregood
10-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Joke among the flying set:
There will be only two living things on the flight deck of the future.
A dog and a pilot.
The pilot is there to feed the dog.
The dog is there to bite the pilot in case he touches anything.

From what I have read it doesn't sound too much like a joke for much longer. :(

Golding
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I haven't seen an AIT yet, but I will refuse to go through it if I ever do. I'm fine with metal detectors. I'm not fine with them taking my toothpaste and shampoo. Once flying becomes less of a need for me to work and interview in short time, I'll just opt to drive.

Stary Hickory
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Looks like some just had enough of it all. I am always glad to see people stand up. I wish we could abolish TSA...they behave like something out of a 3rd world police state.

ItsTime
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
What would Sam Adams do if he were asked to take off his shoes, have his sack searched then wanted naked pictures taken of him?

I had my TWO YEAR OLD CHILD taken out of line and searched by these rat bastard assholes.

Anti Federalist
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
What would Sam Adams do if he were asked to take off his shoes, have his sack searched then wanted naked pictures taken of him?

I had my TWO YEAR OLD CHILD taken out of line and searched by these rat bastard assholes.

I know goddamn well what Sam Adams would have done.

What he would have done then (and what should be done today) gives people the vapors just thinking about it.

Maximus
10-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm never getting in one of those things. If it means not flying so be it.

Mach
10-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Heroes have to start somewhere.

The very bedrock of our way of life in this country is under attack from within. Please don’t let it be taken from us without a fight.

Ron Paul should mention his support for this pilot, Michael S. Roberts, in his next interview on the MS.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium (I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery)

Michael S. Roberts
3794 Douglass Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111
FedUpFlyers@nonpartisan.com

TruckinMike
10-17-2010, 07:34 PM

Edit: My interpretation of this story is of a principled man who may lose his job because he decided to make a stand. I also interpret this story to be one in which the illogical nature of the TSA goons and cops is clearly displayed. He's a fucking pilot; he can purposely crash the plane if he so chooses, yet they want to check his shoes?

I think this sums it up pretty well.

YouTube - Be a follow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1_-P016Ns)

TMike

AGRP
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Congrats.

YouTube - NO, I WILL NOT COMPLY! PERIOD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbNIU2KEz4g)

JustinTime
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM

I have a teenage daughter. Nuff said.

tnvoter
10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
I hope he files a suit and WINS.

teacherone
10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
I think this sums it up pretty well.

YouTube - Be a follow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1_-P016Ns)

TMike

nice vid!:D

AGRP
10-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Story made drudge.

I beginning to think the more we talk about things like this the more they get exposed.

AGRP
10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
This man should be in history books.

These scanners will eventually seep into our daily lives and they need to be stopped now. They're already going into major sporting events. Eventually, you're going to see them at your local stores.

Krugerrand
10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
If unions were worth a nickel, this issue would have died a long time ago.

Deborah K
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Sending this to G.B.

KCIndy
10-21-2010, 06:13 AM
I feel sick.

I was listening to CNN Headline News this morning and the talking heads were laughing - LAUGHING - about this like it was some sort of silly joke. The final comment was (in a suspicious-sounding voice) was, "Hmm... I wonder what the pilot has to hide?"

The only tweets and comments they read in response to the story were, of course, from people saying they would "do anything" in order to be safe.

I have a feeling I'm going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
:mad::mad::mad:

Bern
10-21-2010, 06:58 AM
There is a 33 page thread on this issue where Michael talks about his stand:

http://www.expressjetpilots.com/the-pipe/showthread.php?39523-Well-today-was-the-day

fisharmor
10-21-2010, 07:06 AM
If (the airport cop) no longer affirms the rights and freedom of his fellow citizens, one can only wonder exactly what he has in view as the purpose of his profession.

I certainly hope this pilot isn't asking seriously... what he did IS his job. Carry around better armament and armor than the average citizen, with practically limitless backup, and go forth and look for trouble. And I will repeat this until everyone figures it out: if his job is to look for trouble, he's going to do his best to find it, one way or another.

This whole thing reminds me of this article by Fred Reed.....
http://www.fredoneverything.net/TSAAgain.shtml

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-21-2010, 07:19 AM
I will refuse to be groped or scanned and if that means not seeing my family this thanksgiving that is the price I will pay. People wonder how the USSR and Nazi Germany rose...folks you are seeing it play out in front of your eyes.

KCIndy
10-21-2010, 07:28 AM
People wonder how the USSR and Nazi Germany rose...folks you are seeing it play out in front of your eyes.

That's what's got me so disheartened at the moment. So many - so very, very many people fall back to that "I'll do whatever it takes to be secure" mantra. What the hell has happened to this country?

I can only hope that there are a lot more people in the general population who share liberty minded views than I think there are. :(

Deborah K
10-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Bump for outrage. I vow to never go into one of those scanners.

Anti Federalist
10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I feel sick.

I was listening to CNN Headline News this morning and the talking heads were laughing - LAUGHING - about this like it was some sort of silly joke. The final comment was (in a suspicious-sounding voice) was, "Hmm... I wonder what the pilot has to hide?"

The only tweets and comments they read in response to the story were, of course, from people saying they would "do anything" in order to be safe.

I have a feeling I'm going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day.
:mad::mad::mad:

Of course you'll be in a bad mood if you listen to organs of the regime.

As to the tweeters, can't we divorce ourselves from these people?

It's because of things like this that I say secession is the only viable option.

You can't "educate" your way through the muddled millions of mundanes who really are willing to give up everything just to be "safe". I find being around people like that as distasteful as some people find being around a violently bigoted racist.

You could be on your way to the death camps and they would tell you to "sit down, shut up, don't make waves, you're making it difficult for all of us".

aGameOfThrones
10-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Of course you'll be in a bad mood if you listen to organs of the regime.

As to the tweeters, can't we divorce ourselves from these people?

It's because of things like this that I say secession is the only viable option.

You can't "educate" your way through the muddled millions of mundanes who really are willing to give up everything just to be "safe". I find being around people like that as distasteful as some people find being around a violently bigoted racist.

You could be on your way to the death camps and they would tell you to "sit down, shut up, don't make waves, you're making it difficult for all of us".

A Youtube comment from here: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=YUzd7G875Hc

Yes, I am willing to trade my liberty and stand with my butt cheek wide open in front of an XRay machine and live to see my family the next day, rather than be killed unwillingly because I was too damn concern not to violate the right of one terrorist smiling next to me in a plane. I am not stopping you from exercising your right because we all have that. Just make sure you exercise your right reasonably and intelligently without being arrogant.

Anti Federalist
10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
A Youtube comment from here: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=YUzd7G875Hc

Ugh, I need a shower...

aGameOfThrones
10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Ugh, I need a shower...

Youtube comment from here: http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments=1&v=0RIB_PK2M7o

By reminding his "servants" of the limited authority they have and posting it in a video on the internet for the masses to see he is making the people aware of ways to thwart the system that could be used by criminals to evade capture, therefore leaving the majority no option but to extend/enhance the authority of their "servants" to better protect them, thereby defeating his own purpose.

When people abuse their freedoms in ways that could lead to harm, freedoms will be slowly removed.

Danke
10-23-2010, 03:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/pilot-refuses-full-body-scan-22579959