PDA

View Full Version : No Knock cop raid - again, wrong house, wrong people.

Anti Federalist
10-16-2010, 07:21 PM
OK, yet another wrong house, wrong person, "no knock" raid.

Luckily for this woman, her children, her dog or herself did not get blown away in the bargain, which, based on cop's attitudes these days, is enough that you should thank them that you only got terrorized and your house thrashed.

But, on a lighter note, I LOL'ed at this:

"oozie guns". :D

What a maroon of a reporter.

Woman claims MPD wrongfully searched her house

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 10:17 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 16, 2010 8:13 AM CDT

Posted by: Melissa McKinney - bio | email

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=13334459

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - "They could have at least apologized," says LaKisha Dixon.

She just wants to hear Montgomery police officers say they're sorry. Last month, officers entered her home without even knocking on the door. Dixon and two children were inside.

"It was three tall men with masks on and big oozie guns pointing at me like, "Get on the ground! Get on the ground!"

Not only was the experience frightening, but Dixon says police had the wrong house.

When she tried to explain,"they told me to shut up and be quiet before they take me to jail."

A Montgomery Police Department search warrant instructed officers to search 812 South Union Street.

Instead, they entered Dixon's home--810 North Union Street.

The two addresses are a mile and a half apart.

"I feel violated. I feel like they trespassed," says Dixon.

WSFA 12 News contacted the Montgomery Police Department.

Investigators told us they're handling the matter internally by interviewing each officer involved.

Dixon says even though the incident is over, it still affects her kids.

"They're scared of police officers. They said the police [are] going to get them, and it shouldn't be like that. They should think of the police to help them."

Right now the Montgomery Police Department isn't admitting whether they did anything wrong or not. Investigators say they're still sorting out the facts.

Dixon has an attorney and is hoping for compensation for home repairs and emotional damages.

The department has until November 5th to complete its investigation

t0rnado
10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Wouldn't the property owners, whose homes are being broken into, be justified in shooting the thugs?

BamaAla
10-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Doesn't surprise me. Alabama cops in general and Birmingham/Montgomery cops in particular are not the sort to listen to reason.

Uriel999
10-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Wouldn't the property owners, whose homes are being broken into, be justified in shooting the thugs?

I personally cannot wait for the day people start...Seriously, maybe the jackboots will think twice after when they no knock raid the wrong home that isn't just the wrong home, but is that of a couple special forces guys recently back from the sandbox who room together.

Rael
10-16-2010, 08:16 PM
I personally cannot wait for the day people start...Seriously, maybe the jackboots will think twice after when they no knock raid the wrong home that isn't just the wrong home, but is that of a couple special forces guys recently back from the sandbox who room together.

this

squarepusher
10-16-2010, 08:31 PM
they have full body armor and masks normally, good luck even bruising them

Philhelm
10-16-2010, 08:35 PM

Aim for the crotch then.

Rael
10-16-2010, 08:41 PM

Rifle bullets > body armor.

shotgun slugs too.

Kylie
10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Aim for the crotch then.

Word.

Because the last thing we need are these idiots, who can't even get an address correct, procreating.

BamaAla
10-16-2010, 08:50 PM

From a few years back: http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=110FA12C67B008C0&p_docnum=1

roho76
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
"What number is that? I can't read good." "812" "but this is 810" "who gives a (expletive deleted), I just want to break stuff."