PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother watching you?

Ekrub
10-16-2010, 06:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101016/ap_on_re_us/us_gps_tracking_warrants

So sick.

Philhelm
10-16-2010, 06:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101016/ap_on_re_us/us_gps_tracking_warrants

So sick.

So are some of the comments beneath the article.

V4Vendetta
10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
wow

Anti Federalist
10-16-2010, 07:11 PM
So are some of the comments beneath the article.

Like this one?

Daniel Salvatori 1 minute ago

Whatever it takes to keep our country and children safe, They can track my car if they want. I got nothing to hide. Only those with something to hide don't want these security steps to be taken. I was in NY when they were searching bags in the subway and I thanked the officer for doing his job in keeping me safe. Living in fear of terrorrism is not freedom. Knowing our country is doing something about it gives me a sense of freedom to go into a building without the fear of it being blown up.

There's our problem.

Dan and tens of millions of his fellow travelers whose vote is the same as yours.

That is un-educable.

Philhelm
10-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Like this one?

Daniel Salvatori 1 minute ago

Whatever it takes to keep our country and children safe, They can track my car if they want. I got nothing to hide. Only those with something to hide don't want these security steps to be taken. I was in NY when they were searching bags in the subway and I thanked the officer for doing his job in keeping me safe. Living in fear of terrorrism is not freedom. Knowing our country is doing something about it gives me a sense of freedom to go into a building without the fear of it being blown up.

There's our problem.

Dan and tens of millions of his fellow travelers whose vote is the same as yours.

That is un-educable.

Well, I didn't read that one specifically, but yeah, that would fit the bill.

Uriel999
10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Like this one?

There's our problem.

That is un-educable.

and comments like that one are why this country is lost.

Philhelm
10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
and comments like that one are why this country is lost.

Well, I guess those people wouldn't mind me snooping through their sock drawers, closets, beneath their beds, or in their medicine cabinets. No telling what sort of interesting things could be found.

Anti Federalist
10-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Well, I guess those people wouldn't mind me snooping through their sock drawers, closets, beneath their beds, or in their medicine cabinets. No telling what sort of interesting things could be found.

I think Uriel was indicating my cynical comment.

Philhelm
10-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I think Uriel was indicating my cynical comment.

No, I think he was referring to the quote from the site which you had posted. When I had quoted you, it didn't automatically include the quote you had, and I had to manually add it.

silentshout
10-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Some of those comments are unbelievably scary.

Vessol
10-17-2010, 02:14 AM
This really doesn't surprise me in the least.

I am coming to live by these words from 1984.

"There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live—did live, from habit that became instinct—in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized."

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Like this one?

There's our problem.

That is un-educable.

This is why out of this list:

1. Create a majority
2. Convince a majority
3. Breed a majority
4. Kill a majority

I only subscribe to #1 & geographical organization. The bottom line is that if people wanted liberty they could already have a county with no property taxes, cumbersome regulation, and a local government (or lack of) being used as a tool for interposition against state and federal government.

They could already be living in an area with a distinct economic advantage over any other locality in the United States.

Marenco
10-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Like this one?

There's our problem.

That is un-educable.

Few men desire liberty; most men wish only for a just master.
--Sallust