PDA

View Full Version : Palestinians weighing alternatives to peace talks

Agorism
10-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Link to article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39699565/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/)

RAMALLAH, West Bank — The Palestinians will study alternatives to peace talks with Israel in the coming days, a top PLO official said Saturday, after Israel gave the green light to build 238 new houses for Jews on war-won land Palestinians seek for their state.

Number19
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
This thread reminded me of a thought I had a few days ago. So I'm going to pose my question to those many posters who support the Palestinian cause over Israel's political policy.

What precisely has the Palestinians proposed which would advance the peace process?

In the linked story, the author writes, "...The Palestinians want to establish their state in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem — territories Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast War — and say there is no point negotiating as long as expanding settlements gobble up more of that land..."

"Negotiating"! It takes two to "negotiate". I am unaware of any - and I mean any - proposals or compromises by the Palestinians. All they make are demands.

So I'm putting you on the spot to describe the Palestinian plan for peace.

Agorism
10-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Israeli "settlers" continue to steal land. Impossible to have peace while that continues.

roho76
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Who cares. Let them kill each other for all I care. I'm sick of Israeli/Palestinian's shit. If we really want to make difference over there let's elect politicians that will be will once and for all to take back the bag of gold from Israel and stop funding their nonsense.

amy31416
10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
This thread reminded me of a thought I had a few days ago. So I'm going to pose my question to those many posters who support the Palestinian cause over Israel's political policy.

What precisely has the Palestinians proposed which would advance the peace process?

In the linked story, the author writes, "...The Palestinians want to establish their state in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem — territories Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast War — and say there is no point negotiating as long as expanding settlements gobble up more of that land..."

"Negotiating"! It takes two to "negotiate". I am unaware of any - and I mean any - proposals or compromises by the Palestinians. All they make are demands.

So I'm putting you on the spot to describe the Palestinian plan for peace.

Yes. They make "demands" that Israel stop stealing their land, brutalizing their people and interfering in every aspect of their life.

How ridiculous.

How many more compromises can they make? Should they give up even more of their land? Agree to only fish in their own waters one day per week? (They already can only go out about what, a mile or two--and even still, get shot at.)

And we help pay for the Israelis to do this.

robert68
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
CIA report: Israel will fall in 20 years (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12706)

From "The Impending Collapse of Israel in Palestine": (http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/10/the-impending-collapse-of-israel-in-palestine/)

After twenty-two years of getting nowhere but further screwed to Israel’s apartheid wall on the West Bank and strangulated in Gaza, it is now time for the Palestinians to adopt a new strategy, which I most respectfully recommend here for them to consider: Sign nothing and let Israel collapse! Recently it was reported that the United States’ own Central Intelligence Agency predicted the collapse of Israel within twenty years. My most respectful advice to the Palestinians is to let Israel so collapse!

fj45lvr
10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
CIA report: Israel will fall in 20 years (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=12706)

From "The Impending Collapse of Israel in Palestine": (http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/10/the-impending-collapse-of-israel-in-palestine/)

Many jews have been warning the insane Israeli leaders of this but it doesn't sink in.

You REAP what you SOW, it's a law like gravity.

daviddee
10-17-2010, 02:31 AM

Number19
10-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Israeli "settlers" continue to steal land. Impossible to have peace while that continues.Who is the land being "stolen " from. Will you post a link showing recent building that has taken place on land taken from an individual who had title to that real estate taken from him without compensation.

I ask this in seriousness. I have seen two recent comments in news stories that title to real estate was being purchased from Palestinians. Now I would like to see documentation that real estate is being "stolen".

Number19
10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Yes. They make "demands" that Israel stop stealing their land, brutalizing their people and interfering in every aspect of their life.

How ridiculous.

How many more compromises can they make? ...Israelis ask only two, that Palestinians recognize Israel's right to exist, and that the violence stops.

Dr.3D
10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Many jews have been warning the insane Israeli leaders of this but it doesn't sink in.

You REAP what you SOW, it's a law like gravity.

Hummm... both sides have been sowing hate. Wonder which one will harvest first.

amy31416
10-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Israelis ask only two, that Palestinians recognize Israel's right to exist, and that the violence stops.

Already have, kemosabe.

Agorism
10-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Israel uses its own military to protect these settlers on their settlements, and the palestinians don't want them there.

But they are not allowed to have a military of their own.

Dr.3D
10-17-2010, 10:29 AM
Israel uses its own military to protect these settlers on their settlements, and the palestinians don't want them there.

But they are not allowed to have a military of their own.

Wouldn't allowing the Palestinians to have a military of their own be much like allowing the Confederate States of America to have a military of their own right after the U.S. Civil war?

What we have here would seem to be civil war that hasn't been resolved yet.

Agorism
10-17-2010, 11:03 AM
These new "settlements" would have very poor security if it was left to local Palestinians authorities since....they don't want them there in the first place.

fj45lvr
10-17-2010, 11:24 AM
All the settlements in the West bank must go....and the Palestinians have control of all the water in the west bank as well.

otherwise "peace" is only a name for "theft/subjugation" by military superiority and racism.

awake
10-17-2010, 11:26 AM
The alternative to peace talks is the bombs do the talking. No one ever raises the no state solution.