PDA

View Full Version : The More I Learn About Government Control, The More I Feel Helpless

AGRP
10-16-2010, 09:52 AM
For example, they automatically take money out of your paycheck for SS and other taxes? How can we live in a "free" society when they do that the very second you start to work; WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION? I never signed up for a social security plan. I never OK'd it. That's robbery!

I know this is a simple complaint for many libertarians, but I always think about it when someone pushing health care says "well, we have social security so it's ok to do this."

Sometimes I get really dejected to the point that I want to pack my bags and leave this country. It really saddens me to think countries like China are freer than we are in many ways.

Stary Hickory
10-16-2010, 09:53 AM
Stop using dollars as payment. If we can get away from the dollar, and trade commodities or anything else as money we can avoid a lot of it.

BuddyRey
10-17-2010, 11:58 AM
I think this is a feeling with which we can all sympathize. The sense of utter desperation and hopelessness that comes with realizing just how hard it would be to turn around this sinking ship is tough to deal with.

sevin
10-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Sometimes I get really dejected to the point that I want to pack my bags and leave this country. It really saddens me to think countries like China are freer than we are in many ways.

I hate to break it to ya, but the U.S. is still freer overall than any other country in the world. Now THAT is depressing.