PDA

View Full Version : Broadcaster Laura Ingraham says: Let's see the birth certificate!

lynnf
10-16-2010, 07:49 AM
I love it when this happens.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=215829

One of talk radio's first ladies, Laura Ingraham, believes Barack Obama was born in the United States and is a legitimate president, but she suggests it wouldn't hurt him to release his original long-form birth certificate.

Bruno
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I love it when this happens.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=215829

One of talk radio's first ladies, Laura Ingraham, believes Barack Obama was born in the United States and is a legitimate president, but she suggests it wouldn't hurt him to release his original long-form birth certificate.

It's not a bad way to cover your actual beliefs by wording it that way. Hannity has said the same thing. something like, "I think he was born in the U.S. So just show the birth certificate already

Interesting exchange below. Notice how Axlrod completely ignores the "long form?" question.

TAPPER: But you’re asking the chamber to prove a negative. "Prove that you’re not doing such and such accusation."

AXELROD: It's not proving a negative, Jake, because all you have to do to clear up the questions is reveal who your donors are from. The question back to them is why don't they want to reveal where their money is coming from? I think the answer is, I think if the American people knew where their money was coming from they'd be a lot less apt to listen to the advertising, to read the mail, to respond to the kind of negative campaigns that the Chamber and some of these other organizations are underwriting…

TAPPER: Isn't that like the whackjobs that tell the president he needs to show them his full long-form birth certificate so he can put to rest the questions that have been raised?

AXELROD: The president's birth certificate has been available to people.

TAPPER: The long form?

AXELROD: Someone once in the course of this debate about whether we should have a law to force these organizations to disclose where their money is coming from in the campaigns, someone said, and I think they're right – 'the only people who want to keep things secret are folks who have something to hide.' If the chamber doesn’t have anything to hide about these contributions, and I take them at their word that they don't, then why not disclose? Why not let people see where their money is coming from?

Stary Hickory
10-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Well he ought to show it, I can't say 100% he was born here or born elsewhere until he produces a birth Certificate. What someone believes or does not believe is moot. I think you woul dhave to b crazy not think something serious is not aloof here. He has locked his records up very tight....people have lost their military careers and he did not step in to simply reassure the public and these people that he is indeed who he says he is.

The fact is he locked his records up, he refuses to show anything despite a sizable portion of the electorate doubting his eligibility, he has allowed military members to lose their careers and still did nothing, he has let this fester and undermine much of his presidency. Why would someone do this? If there was nothing to hide..why?

In his place I would be more than happy to show it. As a sign of good faith...to placate the opposition. Instead he undermined his entire presidency over a simple piece of paper...one that his opponent produced without any issues or objections at all.

What exactly is going on? Right?

fj45lvr
10-16-2010, 11:33 AM
If they require a "long form" certificate of armed service members then he should buck up as those under him.....

AZ Libertarian
10-16-2010, 01:16 PM
If they require a "long form" certificate of armed service members then he should buck up as those under him.....

This Veteran agrees.

libertarian4321
10-16-2010, 01:27 PM

"If they require" being the key phrase there.

Since when did they start requiring a "long form" birth certificate to serve in the military?

I served almost 3 decades as an officer in the US Army, and I never had to produce a birth certificate- not long form, not short form, not medium form.

You don't even need to be a US citizen to serve in the US military (there are plenty of non-citizens serving right now)- so why the Hell would you need a "long form birth certificate"?

Edit: BTW, I'm sure Obama will comply now that "Laura Ingraham" is demanding the "long form Birth Certificate" You know Obama does whatever neocon radio hosts ask him to do, lol.

Stary Hickory
10-16-2010, 03:58 PM
"If they require" being the key phrase there.

Since when did they start requiring a "long form" birth certificate to serve in the military?

I served almost 3 decades as an officer in the US Army, and I never had to produce a birth certificate- not long form, not short form, not medium form.

You don't even need to be a US citizen to serve in the US military (there are plenty of non-citizens serving right now)- so why the Hell would you need a "long form birth certificate"?

Edit: BTW, I'm sure Obama will comply now that "Laura Ingraham" is demanding the "long form Birth Certificate" You know Obama does whatever neocon radio hosts ask him to do, lol.

I had to produce a Birth Certificate. When I joined. I can't believe it has ever been otherwise. It was a bit of a hassle to get everything that they required actually.

kpfareal
10-16-2010, 05:22 PM
I had to produce a Birth Certificate. When I joined. I can't believe it has ever been otherwise. It was a bit of a hassle to get everything that they required actually.

I had to produce my birth certificate, high school diploma, social security card, and my drivers license among other things to join the Air Force.

Danke
10-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I had to produce my birth certificate, high school diploma, social security card, and my drivers license among other things to join the Air Force.

Me too. Was finger printed too.

libertarian4321
10-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Well, we've got Medal of Honor winners who were not citizens and lied to get into the military, so I doubt it has always been the case. All I had to do was show my social insecurity card and driver's license.

I was finger printed to get my security clearance, but I don't think I was when I joined up, though it was a long time ago, so I'm not sure.