PDA

View Full Version : Contact Dan Maes: Tell Him to Drop Out and Endorse Tom Tancredo | Colorado Governor

FrankRep
10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Contact Dan Maes -
http://www.danmaes.com/contact-dan/

Emails:
info@danmaes.com
dan@danmaes.com

Communications Director: Nate Strauch 303-946-4057 nate@danmaes.com
Executive Aide/Scheduler: Jordan Maes 970-313-3095 jordank.maes@gmail.com
Campaign Finance Chairman: Larry Kaylor, lkaylor@redstoneareospace.com
Deputy Treasurer/Office Mgr. CJ Garbo 720-436-0543 cj@danmaes.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Sheryl Fernandez 303-859-1421 sheryl@danmaes.com

Dan Maes: 303-670-2010 dan@danmaes.com.

Colorado Governor: Hickenlooper (D) 42%; Tancredo (C) 38%; Maes (R) 12%
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/colorado/election_2010_colorado_governor

Dan Maes needs to drop out and support Tom Tancredo (http://www.tancredoforgovernor2010.org/).

libertarian4321
10-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Why?

I don't remember a lot of folks on these boards praising Tancredo in 2007-2008.

AuH20
10-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Anything to piss off the republican and democratic establishment I'm down with. I'd love to see Rove's face when asked about the new governor of Colorado, whom he detests. :D

YouTube - Why is Tom Tancredo Running against Dan Maes? - Interviewed by John Michael Chambers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-YxX26Yerc&feature=player_embedded)

Flash
10-15-2010, 07:42 PM
I sent an email. It'd be wise to post this information on other Conservative websites.

ninepointfive
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
yeah, I'll never ask anyone to endorse a politician who's voted for the bailouts and the Patriot act.

edit: even though I met Tom and admit I like him.

Brett85
10-15-2010, 08:21 PM
yeah, I'll never ask anyone to endorse a politician who's voted for the bailouts and the Patriot act.

What does that have to do with a Governor's race?

paulitics
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM

Protecting civil liberties, fiscal responsibility, and adherence to free market principles aren't important attributes for a governor?:confused:

ninepointfive
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM

You've said the same thing twice now. (see paulitics' response)

Brett85
10-15-2010, 08:31 PM
you are dense

How about trying to come up with an argument rather than using a personal attack?

ninepointfive
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
How about trying to come up with an argument douchebag.

Who are you?

You're the one who needs to explain why someone who votes for Auto Bailouts and the Patriot Act needs my support. Don't let the third party run (exiting, I know) blind you.

And yes, I edited that post, and still think you're dense.

Brett85
Protecting civil liberties, fiscal responsibility, and adherence to free market principles aren't important attributes for a governor?:confused:

State governments have nothing to do with the Patriot Act, and they don't have the power to bail out corporations. Also, with the exception of that one vote, Tom Tancredo has been as good as anybody at standing up for free market principles.

nobody's_hero
Yeah, I'm not gonna tell Coloradans who they should pick between a douche, a turd sandwich, and a doucheturdsandwich.

I don't think Dan would listen to someone from Georgia anyway.

Brett85
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Who are you?

Seems to me you're the one who needs to explain why someone who votes for Auto Bailouts and the Patriot act needs my support. I'm the one in the state who will be governed.

Don't let the third party run (exiting, I know) blind you.

And yes, I edited that post, and still think you're dense.

You can keep voting for your Libertarian candidates who get 1% of the vote. If Tom Tancredo gets elected he'll still be the most libertarian governor in the country. How many governors do you know of who support full legalization of weed?

FrankRep
10-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't think Dan would listen to someone from Georgia anyway.

Doesn't hurt to try. :)

Stary Hickory
10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Maes ought to drop out at this point. I don't like what Tancredo did, but Maes should do Colorado a favor and bow out.

Southron
10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
This would do wonders for the Constitution Party.

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 12:33 PM
This would do wonders for the Constitution Party.
It will open up the doors to third parties in other parts of the country.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna tell Coloradans who they should pick between a douche, a turd sandwich, and a doucheturdsandwich.

Thread Winner :D

http://thefreshscent.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/douche_and_turdsandwich.jpg

Fozz
10-16-2010, 12:55 PM
You can keep voting for your Libertarian candidates who get 1% of the vote. If Tom Tancredo gets elected he'll still be the most libertarian governor in the country. How many governors do you know of who support full legalization of weed?

This comment makes me nauseous.

Fozz
10-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I hope Maes stays, just for the sake of his state's dignity.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 12:58 PM
This comment makes me nauseous.

Can you name a governor who is more libertarian than Tancredo?

Fozz
10-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Can you name a governor who is more libertarian than Tancredo?

I certainly think Nikki Haley will be more libertarian than Tancredo, and depending on his bigotry, possibly so will most other governors.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I certainly think Nikki Haley will be more libertarian than Tancredo, and depending on his bigotry, possibly so will most other governors.

Lol. Stopping illegal immigration has nothing to do with race or "bigotry." Nicky Haley is as stanchly opposed to illegal immigration as Tancredo is.

http://www.nikkihaley.com/issues/immigration

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 01:09 PM

You just burned yourself Fozz. Nikki Haley supports Arizona's crackdown on illegal Immigration and she supports strong immigration laws.

Nikki Haley > Immigration (http://www.nikkihaley.com/issues/immigration)

We are a nation of immigrants but we are also a nation of laws. It is vitally important that the United States maintains its sovereignty through the process of legal immigration.

Nikki has twice co-sponsored legislation that represents the toughest standard of immigration enforcement on the books nation-wide. In 2007, H4400 was introduced and provided for such programs as E-verify and expanded the ability for state and local law enforcement to question, detain, and transport suspected illegal aliens and traffickers.

As governor, Nikki will continue to push for enforcement of immigration laws, including the deportation of illegal immigrants. Further, illegal immigration into South Carolina will not stop if businesses still have incentives to employ illegal immigrants. Participation in E-verify and stiff penalties for businesses and individuals that further illegal immigration and employment in South Carolina will hit violators in the pocketbook. Only then will the employment of illegal immigrants curtail, and send a message to illegal immigrants that South Carolina will not be the destination of choice.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Why?

I don't remember a lot of folks on these boards praising Tancredo in 2007-2008.

If Ron Paul had not been running, I would have voted for Tancredo.

Fredom101
10-16-2010, 01:14 PM
He's pro-war and wants to steal citizens money to support bailouts and other crazy madness. I'll pass, thanks.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 01:17 PM
He's pro-war and wants to steal citizens money to support bailouts and other crazy madness. I'll pass, thanks.

He's less pro war than the average Republican. He criticized nation building in Iraq when he was running for President. He also has a voting record of supporting free market principles, with the only exception being his vote for TARP. Many fiscal conservatives fell for all the fear and doom that we were heading for a 2nd great depression if we didn't pass TARP.

South Park Fan
10-16-2010, 01:29 PM
He also has a voting record of supporting free market principles, with the only exception being his vote for TARP.

So he's a fiscal conservative expect for approving the biggest spending increase in history? That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Many fiscal conservatives fell for all the fear and doom that we were heading for a 2nd great depression if we didn't pass TARP.

So we should vote for him because he is evidently gullible? Why don't we give Lisa Murkowski, Mitch McConnell, and Mike Castle the same luxury?

Fredom101
10-16-2010, 01:32 PM
He's less pro war than the average Republican. He criticized nation building in Iraq when he was running for President. He also has a voting record of supporting free market principles, with the only exception being his vote for TARP. Many fiscal conservatives fell for all the fear and doom that we were heading for a 2nd great depression if we didn't pass TARP.

"He's less pro-war"

That's like saying "he only likes a little bit of rape"

Come on! He's the lesser of a cesspool of evil, but that still makes him evil. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking watered-down republicans are our friends.

AuH20
10-16-2010, 01:37 PM
"He's less pro-war"

That's like saying "he only likes a little bit of rape"

Come on! He's the lesser of a cesspool of evil, but that still makes him evil. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking watered-down republicans are our friends.

He's no neocon. Neocons detest Tancredo. I think he's a worthy ally. He's been bashing Bushism, way before it was fashionable to do so. For this and his willingness to defend the 10th amendment, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He could have easily gone along with the Bush policies. With that said, I completely understand the libertarian objection to him, but I think he's proven to me that he's not afraid to buck the system.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 01:39 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul CNN/YouTube Debate - Ron Paul VS McCain & Tancredo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrQMwrxVFI)

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 01:40 PM
YouTube - Tancredo: Why I'm backing Mitt Romney (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJqPkK8adJk)

RM918
10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
YouTube - Tancredo: Why I'm backing Mitt Romney (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJqPkK8adJk)

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Eh, I guess I wouldn't vote for Tancredo, but I'd certainly like him to win. If it's the same no matter who, I'd rather the third party candidate win just because of the meaning.

AuH20
10-16-2010, 01:42 PM

The same reason both Pat and Bay Buchanan endorsed Romney, once Romney became a primary finalist. Illegal Immigration. They were willing to endorse him for one issue and one issue alone.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, Clay, I think RADICAL Islamics are a problem. Emphasis on radical. Thing is, our presence in their countries, overthrowing their governments, etc., are bringing many more moderates over to the radical side. Our actions have been a great recruiting tools for them, actually.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 01:48 PM
YouTube - Tancredo: Waterboarding is not torture (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElakDyNsFfc)

Brett85
10-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that.

Eh, I guess I wouldn't vote for Tancredo, but I'd certainly like him to win. If it's the same no matter who, I'd rather the third party candidate win just because of the meaning.

He endorsed Mitt Romney at the very end, because he felt that McCain and Huckabee would be terrible on illegal immigration and other issues. He just supported the candidate who he thought wasn't as bad as the others. Jim Demint endorsed Romney at the end as well, because he simply thought he wouldn't be as bad as McCain.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
The same reason both Pat and Bay Buchanan endorsed Romney, once Romney became a primary finalist. Illegal Immigration. They were willing to endorse him for one issue and one issue alone.

Yeah, but that sure pissed me off. Dr. Paul matched traditional conservative principles, right down the line. Including his stance on immigration. He made it abundantly clear that he was not for amnesty, handouts to anyone, much less illegal aliens and for securing our borders.

But yet, Bay went to work for the POS Romney and Tancredo endorsed him. Very sad.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
YouTube - Headzup: Tom Tancredo Says Waterboarding Isn't Torture (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyBcQlvlR94)

Waterboarding has nothing to do with foreign policy. Pat Buchanan supports waterboarding as well, and most people here hold Buchanan in high regard.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Waterboarding has nothing to do with foreign policy.

I'm not sure what you mean by this but the fact is, it's still torture.

That video you quoted was the wrong one btw, i edited my post with the correct one.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this but the fact is, it's still torture.

That video you quoted was the wrong one btw, i edited my post with the correct one.

I mean that people who call Tancredo a "neocon" because he supports waterboarding don't understand what the term "neoconservative" actually means. A neoconservative is somebody who supports nation building and the concept of "spreading democracy" around the globe. Tancredo doesn't support that. Tancredo's stance on issues like waterboarding and the Patriot Act means that he isn't a down the line libertarian, but it doesn't make him a neocon.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:01 PM
I mean that people who call Tancredo a "neocon" because he supports waterboarding don't understand what the term "neoconservative" actually means.

He's a pro-war, pro-torture, pro-patriot act, bailout supporting hack. Call him whatever you think fits...

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I mean that people who call Tancredo a "neocon" because he supports waterboarding don't understand what the term "neoconservative" actually means.

Yep. That's why I had to create a thread called "Defining Terms: What is a Neoconservative (Neocon)? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257106)" because people keep abusing the "Neocon" term.

Defining Terms: What is a Neoconservative (Neocon)?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257106

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Tom Tancredo's political profile. As you can see he made a few colossal mistakes but the good outweighs the bad:

PROs:
NAFTA has been a disaster for many places, especially Mexico. (Dec 2007)
No NAFTA Superhighway from Canada to Mexico. (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on implementing CAFTA, Central America Free Trade. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on withdrawing from the WTO. (Jun 2000)
Block NAFTA Superhighway & North American Union. (Jan 2007)
Rated B+ by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
Voted NO on overriding veto on expansion of Medicare. (Jul 2008)
Voted YES on end offshore tax havens and promote small business. (Oct 2004)
Voted NO on $167B over 10 years for farm price supports. (Oct 2001)
Voted YES on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)
Voted NO on $156M to IMF for 3rd-world debt reduction. (Jul 2000)
Opposes “hate crimes” legislation. (Sep 2007)
Voted NO on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
Voted NO on defining "energy emergency" on federal gas prices. (Jun 2008)
Voted NO on revitalizing severely distressed public housing. (Jan 2008)
Voted NO on regulating the subprime mortgage industry. (Nov 2007)
Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
Voted YES on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
Voted YES on disallowing the invasion of Kosovo. (May 1999)

CONs:
Voted YES on prohibiting needle exchange & medical marijuana in DC. (Oct 1999)
Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
Voted YES on TARP
Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Tom Tancredo's political profile. As you can see he made a few colossal mistakes but the good outweighs the bad:

If compromising principles is your thing, i guess...

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:07 PM

He's fought against the men I despise, when it wasn't profitable to do so. That goes a long way in my book.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:09 PM
He's fought against the men I despise, when it wasn't profitable to do so. That goes a long way in my book.

He's also fought against a man that I respect when it was profitable to do so...

YouTube - Ron Paul CNN/YouTube Debate - Ron Paul VS McCain & Tancredo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrQMwrxVFI)

Brett85
10-16-2010, 02:09 PM

If voting for Libertarian Party candidates who get 1% of the vote is your thing, I guess...

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:10 PM
If voting for Libertarian Party candidates who get 1% of the vote is your thing, I guess...

Nope, not my thing. I happily regard the Libertarian party as a joke. I just don't compromise my principles to support pro-war, pro-patriot act, pro-torture, bailout supporting hacks.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Nope, not my thing. I just don't compromise my principles to support pro-war, pro-patriot act, pro-torture, bailout supporting hacks.

Then who would you vote for if you lived in Colorado? (Or who are you going to vote for if you live in Colorado?)

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:12 PM
He's also fought against a man that I respect when it was profitable to do so...

Way back in 2002, when everyone was so enamored with the Bush Administration:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_16343488

Among the political battle scars American Constitution Party gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo likes to tout is a famous 2002 shouting match with Karl Rove, one of the most powerful men in George W. Bush`s Washington.

Then a Republican congressman, Tancredo had publicly called Bush out over America`s leaky border and the president`s support for legalizing millions of immigrants, leading Rove to banish him from the White House as a "traitor" to the Republican Party.

Rove, the svengali of Neocon politics, called him a traitor to the Republican Party. It doesn't get much clearer than that.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Then who would you vote for if you lived in Colorado? (Or who are you going to vote for if you live in Colorado?)

I look at it the same way I looked at Obama vs Mccain. Neither are worthy of my vote. I'd write in somebody, or something. (Which would be no more pointless than voting for a statist hack)

P.s. I'm actually a Canadian, so take that for what it's worth. :p

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:18 PM
I look at it the same way I looked at Obama vs Mccain. Neither are worthy of my vote. I'd write in somebody, or something. (Which would be no more pointless than voting for a statist hack)

P.s. I'm actually a Canadian, so take that for what it's worth. :p

I didn't vote for Obama or McCain either. However, given Tancredo's maverick nature I think he can do alot of good as governor of Colorado, especially with the federal government's ever increasing suffocation of state rights.

ClayTrainor
10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
I didn't vote for Obama or McCain either. However, given Tancredo's maverick nature I thin he can do alot of good as governor of Colorado, especially with the fed's ever increasing suffocation of state rights.

Well, maybe he can, but my money is on that he'll contribute to making things incrementally worse, much like all statist hacks.

Honestly though, I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what you think is right. I just wanted to vent my case. :)

Fozz
10-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Lol. Stopping illegal immigration has nothing to do with race or "bigotry." Nicky Haley is as stanchly opposed to illegal immigration as Tancredo is.

http://www.nikkihaley.com/issues/immigration

But she doesn't exploit bigotry the way that Tancredo does.

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, maybe he can, but my money is on that he'll contribute to making things incrementally worse, much like all statist hacks.

Honestly though, I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what you think is right. I just wanted to vent my case. :)

I think your objections are legitimate. We'll have to wait and see. I personally think that's the type of nutball that will give the feds fits. They deserve some agita and the people need to start pushing back.

Fozz
10-16-2010, 02:25 PM

lol. Of course he opposes nation building, because he supports nation destruction, since he sees Islam as the enemy.

Fozz
10-16-2010, 02:28 PM
He's no neocon. Neocons detest Tancredo. I think he's a worthy ally. He's been bashing Bushism, way before it was fashionable to do so. For this and his willingness to defend the 10th amendment, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He could have easily gone along with the Bush policies. With that said, I completely understand the libertarian objection to him, but I think he's proven to me that he's not afraid to buck the system.

lol, so does Sarah Palin. Would you vote for her?

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:29 PM
lol, so does Sarah Palin. Would you vote for her?

Palin has very little qualms about illegal immigration. That's why she hooked with John McCain. Comparing Palin to Tancredo is like comparing night and day.

Fozz
10-16-2010, 02:36 PM

Please link me to a reliable source that says Pat Buchanan endorsed Romney.

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 02:37 PM
But she doesn't exploit bigotry the way that Tancredo does.
Tom Tancredo and Nikki Haley both want Strong Illegal Immigration laws. Your assertion that Tancredo wants to "exploit bigotry" is merely politically correct "weasel words (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel_word)" and not rooted in any real objective facts.

wormyguy
10-16-2010, 02:46 PM

Pat Buchanan supported Ron Paul the entire way through. He may have said something to the effect that Romney was better than McCain.

AuH20
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Pat Buchanan supported Ron Paul the entire way through. He may have said something to the effect that Romney was better than McCain.

He and his sister reluctantly backed Romney, once it was made clear he was the only obstacle to a McCain nomination. Basically, it was an anyone but McCain endorsement.

Fozz
10-16-2010, 03:42 PM
He and his sister reluctantly backed Romney, once it was made clear he was the only obstacle to a McCain nomination. Basically, it was an anyone but McCain endorsement.

Pat Buchanan never endorsed Romney.

AuH20
10-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Once Ron was knocked out, I believe he did.

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Once Ron was knocked out, I believe he did.

I can't find any reference of Pat Buchanan endorsing anyone.

ninepointfive
10-16-2010, 05:31 PM

This race is currently "f-ed". Hickenlooper is now going to win. I think its a wash, and therefore am voting for the Libertarian candidate.

FrankRep
10-16-2010, 05:35 PM
This race is currently "f-ed". Hickenlooper is now going to win. I think its a wash, and therefore am voting for the Libertarian candidate.

Hickenlooper vs. Tom Tancredo/Dan Maes is very close. Tom Tancredo has a very strong chance.

ninepointfive
10-16-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/colorado/election_2010_colorado_governor

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Colorado finds Hickenlooper with 42% support, while Tancredo, the candidate of the American Constitution Party, earns 38% of the vote. Support for Republican Dan Maes continues to fall and now stands at 12%. Two percent (2%) prefer some other candidate, and six percent (6%) are undecided.

Ok, this is getting close. Maybe I will vote for Tom after all

Flash
10-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Pat Buchanan couldn't endorse anyone since he is a pundit on MSNBC.

libertybrewcity
10-16-2010, 06:09 PM
LOL at all of Traditional Conservative's comments.

Also, don't forget this is a Rasmussen Poll, so they may over poll Republicans or Republican-leaning voters. Something to keep in mind.

Brett85
10-16-2010, 06:49 PM
LOL at all of Traditional Conservative's comments.

Also, don't forget this is a Rasmussen Poll, so they may over poll Republicans or Republican-leaning voters. Something to keep in mind.

Lol at a pro abortion liberal who posts at the Daily Kos.

FrankRep
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Come Monday morning, I'd like to see Dan Maes' email full of dropout requests.

speciallyblend
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
palin ,just sent my email will call monday!!

FrankRep
10-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Tom Tancredo one point behind!

COLORADO GOVERNOR SURVEY RELEASE FINDINGS SHOW THE COLORADO RACE FOR GOVERNOR A TOSS UP HICKENLOOPER 44%, TANCREDO 43%, MAES 9% “OTHER CANDIDATE” 2%, UNDECIDED 2%

Magellan Strategies:
http://www.magellanstrategies.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Magellan-Colorado-Governor-Survey-Release-1022101.pdf