PDA

View Full Version : New Ron Paul DVD released!

DrNoZone
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
From Nate of RonPaulDVD.com (the new design is killer!):

This is just a quick note to let you know that a new Ron Paul DVD (Disc 2) has been released, and is now available for order, at www.RonPaulDVD.com. While the first DVD (Disc 1) included over 3 1/2 hours of non-stop Ron Paul action... this second DVD contains over 5 1/2 hours of interviews, speeches, and debate coverage of our favorite hero; with videos as recent as October 12th. Many suggestions were considered, and many, many, many hours of time has been spent on the development and creation of this new DVD. I do hope it can prove to be an additional effective tool in conveying to the masses the message of freedom so eloquently being taught by our soon-to-be President, Congressman Ron Paul.

Orders can be placed now, however Disc 2 will most likely not ship until next week. Due to several factors, a month or so ago we opted to take advantage of a DVD replication service, to provide professionally mastered DVD discs. In order to keep the cost as low as possible, I have to order them in very large quantities. The first order of 10,000 (for Disc 2) has been placed, and this is why the initial delay in availability. In the past, we tried to burn, print, sleeve, and seal them all ourselves... but after the first 8,000 discs or so... it was becoming obvious that we were falling too far behind in orders, and were losing our freedom; becoming slaves to the burners, and printers. ;-) And, with the introduction of this second DVD, the full-color design on it's surface would have taken loads of ink and time to print. So, a mass replication service became necessary, and welcomed; it has lightened the burden of this project immensely. Now I can finally pay attention to my day job and family again. Yipee! The existing equipment (duplicators, printers, etc) will remain on hand, and be used to fill the gaps in orders from the replication service, when necessity demands.

The first DVD (Disc 1) will continue to be made available for order, as the content (though considered "old" by some) is still relevant to those who are not yet aware of Ron Paul. If time allows, I may consider revamping the first DVD to include the new disc design, and menu system; now found on Disc 2.

Anyway, just thought you'd appreciate knowing where we're at with everything. So far so good! Over 16,000 discs have been distributed to Ron Paul maniacs. Hopefully you have been able to distribute the ones you've received, and are finding success sharing the truth with your friends, family, loved ones and complete strangers. :-) I have given them out to many, but still have a list of family and friends to work through. The message of liberty, and peace is a powerful one. Many are kept from the truth, because they know not where to find it. Please, help them find it by giving them a DVD, a pamphlet, a card, a flyer, a sign... anything! (arrhem... stepping down from soapbox...)

So, please visit the website, www.RonPaulDVD.com, to view a list of the contents on this new DVD. While it's impossible to please everyone, I hope at least most of you can find some value in it. :-)

DrNoZone
10-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Here's a list of the video's on the new DVD:

Disc 2 contains the following video clips in whole, or in part...

# 04-27-07 WMUR : Commitment 2008 - Converstaion with the Candidate
# 06-04-07 Comedy Central - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
# 06-05-07 C-SPAN : Campaign 2008 - New Hampshire Public Radio, The Exchange
# 06-13-07 Comedy Central - The Colbert Report
# 06-14-07 MSNBC - The Tucker Carlson Show
# 07-02-07 G4TV : Attack of the Show - The Loop, One-On-One
# 07-05-07 FreedomFest 2007 - Las Vegas, NV - US Foreign Policy & the War in Iraq
# 07-13-07 YouTube - The YouTube Interview
# 07-19-07 The Kaiser Family Foundation - Health Care Issues
# 08-01-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - The Internet's Best Friend
# 08-02-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - Civil Liberties
# 08-03-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - Health Care
# 08-04-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - Entitlements
# 08-05-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - The Second Amendment
# 08-06-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - The IRS
# 08-07-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - Monetary Policy
# 08-??-07 YouTube: YouChoose '08 Spotlight - Youth and Freedom
# 08-05-07 ABC, Drake University - The Iowa Debates
# 08-05-07 FOX : You Decide 2008 - Big Story, Big Politics
# 08-11-07 ABC13 - In Focus with Ted Oberg
# 08-11-07 C-SPAN - Iowa Straw Poll Speech
# 09-05-07 FOX : You Decide 2008 - New Hampshire Presidential Candidates Debate
# 09-27-07 PBS : All-American Presidential Forums
# 10-03-07 ABC : Good Morning American - Dark Horse, Impressive Haul
# 10-03-07 CNN - Paul's Big Haul
# 10-04-07 CNN - The Cafferty File
# 10-04-07 CNN : The Situation Room - Wolf Blitzer Interview
# 10-09-07 CNBC, University of Michigan, Dearborn - Republican Debate - The Economy
# 10-09-07 MSNBC - Hardball with Chris Matthews
# 10-10-07 MSNBC - The Tucker Carlson Show
# 10-12-07 PBS : Vote 2008 - NewsHour, Candidates Close-Up
# 05-01-07 CBS : 60 Minutes - A Fiscal Crisis - David Walker
# 11-30-06 Hard Assets 2006 Investment Conference - The Korelin Economics Report

tsopranos
10-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Sweet, how much longer before the ISO for Disk 2 is made available?

rajibo
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
I appreciate the effort, but 5 1/2 hours on 1 DVD can only mean horrid quality video.

I have yet to see a Ron Paul DVD made from good source material and not YouTube videos.

If there is one, or if I'm way off on this please let me know...

jointhefightforfreedom
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
KICK ASS JOB!! You Rock

American
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh thats perfect, I cant wait to get a few of these.

American
10-18-2007, 07:28 PM
I appreciate the effort, but 5 1/2 hours on 1 DVD can only mean horrid quality video.

I have yet to see a Ron Paul DVD made from good source material and not YouTube videos.

The first one was pretty good, and certainly works as intended. I would recommend everyone get one of you plan on sharing Ron Paul with friends. Never had any complaints

I use the first one at a local farmers market, its about time for a new one.

libertygrl
10-18-2007, 07:40 PM
While I certainly applaud all the hard work you're putting into spreading the word about Ron Paul, I can't help but feel that these DVDs are more for people like us who are already fans and supporters. We can't get enough of the man!

But for the uninformed, it seems a bit like information overload. People are busy enough as it is, plus they have short attention spans. Just suggesting that sometimes less is better. Give them a taste of Ron Paul then leave them begging for more! lol! I'd say between 30 - 45 min. would be perfect. Just MHO. :)

DrNoZone
10-18-2007, 07:41 PM

Well, as soon as you obtain the source video for ALL of the stuff on these DVD's, let us know. :rolleyes:

DrNoZone
10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
While I certainly applaud all the hard work you're putting into spreading the word about Ron Paul, I can't help but feel that these DVDs are more for people like us who are already fans and supporters. We can't get enough of the man!

But for the uninformed, it seems a bit like information overload. People are busy enough as it is, plus they have short attention spans. Just suggesting that sometimes less is better. Give them a taste of Ron Paul then leave them begging for more! lol! I'd say between 30 - 45 min. would be perfect. Just MHO. :)

They can watch as little or as much as they want. The menu system works great and you can click a few and watch them, and then watch more another day or never if you so please.

rajibo
10-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Well, as soon as you obtain the source video for ALL of the stuff on these DVD's, let us know. :rolleyes:

No, No. I understand your limitations. But all of these youtubes started with good source video. So it exists and I wish there was an FTP site where all those good folks who made these great videos could upload those source videos so we could all make great DVD's.

I meant no disrespect to your effort. :)

DrNoZone
10-18-2007, 08:38 PM
No, No. I understand your limitations. But all of these youtubes started with good source video. So it exists and I wish there was an FTP site where all those good folks who made these great videos could upload those source videos so we could all make great DVD's.

I meant no disrespect to your effort. :)

Well, it's not my effort. This is actually someone else's efforts. :D

Yes, I wish we had access to the source video's too, but notice, most of these video's are from mainstream media sources who wouldn't give up their sources if we asked for them.

rajibo
10-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, it's not my effort. This is actually someone else's efforts. :D

Yes, I wish we had access to the source video's too, but notice, most of these video's are from mainstream media sources who wouldn't give up their sources if we asked for them.

But they were recorded on TIVO or DVR or even VCR and are very good sources. They used these sources to create youtube videos. Creating the youtube video compressed the video so much that it only looks good in a 6x4 youtube window. We need the original recordings used to make the youtube videos at the bitrate that TiVO or whatever records them at.

I can't imagine the creators of the youtube video's being opposed to uploading their videos to an FTP site, assuming they're not on dialup.

That's all I'm saying.