PDA

View Full Version : Have any 2010 Congressional candidates debated on foreign policy this year?

Kludge
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
To oppose the war at this time would take great character. A GOP candidate would alienate much of his base for opposing current US wars while a Dem candidate would alienate Obama & his establishment cronies who continue to ramp up (and "privatize") our wars in the Middle East.

I don't think I've heard of any ads talking about foreign policy this year. Seems to be all about "jobs," typical evangelical issues, the national deficit, and taxes.

nelsonwinters
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
John Dennis would I'm sure, if he could get a debate with Pelosi.

speciallyblend
10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
the gop really has no credibility on the war issue as i see it!! It would be nice to see more Republicans coming out against the undeclared wars and hold obama and bush republicans accountable for their failed policies!!

Republicans need to hold republicans accountable before they can bitch about obama!!!

the gop must be held accountable or it will not matter who wins the upcoming elections in 2010 ,2011 or 2012!!

Brett
10-15-2010, 09:00 AM
John Dennis would I'm sure, if he could get a debate with Pelosi.

That's probably why she's avoiding him.

Jeremy
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
the gop really has no credibility on the war issue as i see it!! It would be nice to see more Republicans coming out against the undeclared wars and hold obama and bush republicans accountable for their failed policies!!

Republicans need to hold republicans accountable before they can bitch about obama!!!

the gop must be held accountable or it will not matter who wins the upcoming elections in 2010 ,2011 or 2012!!

You could replace Republicans for Democrats in that post too.

cindy25
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
it's just not a foreign policy election. mid terms rarely are. other than 1970 I can't think of any

Fozz
10-15-2010, 12:33 PM
it's just not a foreign policy election. mid terms rarely are. other than 1970 I can't think of any

I'm pretty sure 2002 was all about TERRORISM!!!!! and Iraq.

And then 2006 was a bad year because the Iraq war was going badly.

RM918
10-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Who cares about innocent brown people getting blown up when you can't make that down payment on that brand new Chevy you've had your eye on?

speciallyblend
10-15-2010, 12:40 PM
You could replace Republicans for Democrats in that post too.

sure can but that doesn't change the fact ,the republican party lacks any credibility on this very issue except for RON PAUL!!!

brandon
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

AuH20
10-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Foreign policy really is non-essential topic in the grand scheme of things. It's all about economic survival at this advanced stage of the illness and that ties into eliminating the Federal Reserve, which is coincidentally the main benefactor of our military.

Depressed Liberator
10-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Foreign policy is as important, if not more important, than any other issue for any nation. Any of you claiming otherwise have just given up that so some neocon fucks can get elected this year. Most of the GOP shit heads you guys are touting are Israel firsters and war hawks like nothing else.

ClayTrainor
10-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Foreign policy is as important, if not more important, than any other issue for any nation. Any of you claiming otherwise have just given up that so some neocon fucks can get elected this year. Most of the GOP shit heads you guys are touting are Israel firsters and war hawks like nothing else.

http://x33.xanga.com/a92834e645160267496485/z157767389.jpg

Sola_Fide
10-15-2010, 02:14 PM
To oppose the war at this time would take great character. A GOP candidate would alienate much of his base for opposing current US wars while a Dem candidate would alienate Obama & his establishment cronies who continue to ramp up (and "privatize") our wars in the Middle East.

I don't think I've heard of any ads talking about foreign policy this year. Seems to be all about "jobs," typical evangelical issues, the national deficit, and taxes.

Rand and ConMan had a GREAT exchange in their last debate. ConMan took the neocon position whereas Rand argued against the Iraq war.

It made me proud to support Rand.

AGRP
10-15-2010, 02:18 PM
It seems like this "revolution" will take at least another few years before our anti-interventionist choices (besides Ron Paul) gain more experience before they're considered Presidential "material."

Meanwhile, we have to put up with the likes of Palin and other plants.

Don't forget how new this movement is!

Kludge
10-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Foreign policy really is non-essential topic in the grand scheme of things. It's all about economic survival at this advanced stage of the illness and that ties into eliminating the Federal Reserve, which is coincidentally the main benefactor of our military.

I think you have it backwards. The country has taken on unsustainable debt and welfare programs, enforces unpopular mandates, and jails/imprisons citizens for activities as simple drug use.

I expect a disorderly collapse of gov't and can't imagine any economic policies being important. The Fed has admitted it's out of options and what it's doing isn't working. The Chinese will eventually drop us when they feel their economy can handle the blow and the dollar will enter freefall.

All that matters to me right now is who we're allowing to be tortured and/or murdered while the collapse comes about. To me, it's amazing you would say the tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands or even millions depending on if you include indirect casualties of US wars) dead are "non-essential... in the grand scheme of things."