PDA

View Full Version : Busted flat tire, inaccessible spare

GunnyFreedom
10-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Sitting 3 miles from home w a flat tire. Made over $1000 at the GOP meeting tonight. Now have to wait an hour for a special tool to drop a perfectly functional spare. Another short sleep tonight lol. :p

This spare tire mounting thing this truck has is insane. Anyway, some time around midnight I'll get to try and drop it again.

Anti Federalist
10-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Sitting 3 miles from home w a flat tire. Made over $1000 at the GOP meeting tonight. Now have to wait an hour for a special tool to drop a perfectly functional spare. Another short sleep tonight lol. :p

This spare tire mounting thing this truck has is insane. Anyway, some time around midnight I'll get to try and drop it again.

Fucking computer cars and doughnut spares, hidden in weird places.:mad:

May the fleas of a thousand Newfie dogs infest the armpits of automotive engineers everywhere. :D

Hope you get home OK.

Did you see the "Baby Cheyenne" news?

Kotin
10-14-2010, 09:44 PM
On your phone I presume? Ahh the perils of the campaign trail..

Cheers to you, Glen.

GunnyFreedom
10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
On your phone I presume? Ahh the perils of the campaign trail..

Cheers to you, Glen.

Aye, and losing battery :D

The harder the hardships we overcome, the sweeter the victory. :)

Fucking computer cars and doughnut spares, hidden in weird places.:mad:

May the fleas of a thousand Newfie dogs infest the armpits of automotive engineers everywhere. :D

Hope you get home OK.

Did you see the "Baby Cheyenne" news?

Thanks man. The fella with the special tool should be here soon I hope. Last I heard about Baby Cheyenne she was heading home thank God!

GunnyFreedom
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Having a perfectly functional spare you can look at but can't get to has to be some kind of sick joke lmao.

Thomas
10-14-2010, 10:10 PM
bump

GunnyFreedom
10-14-2010, 11:47 PM
just got home :-/

Apparently it had this random hidden passageway around the bumper -- the sort that it has to specifically be your vehicle to know about -- to hook a secret hidden latch that lets you spin the cable down and release the tire.

Not exactly ergonomic...

lol but at least we're home. and in time to get a little sleep before the morning kicks off again.

jacque
10-15-2010, 04:06 AM
just got home :-/

Apparently it had this random hidden passageway around the bumper -- the sort that it has to specifically be your vehicle to know about -- to hook a secret hidden latch that lets you spin the cable down and release the tire.

Not exactly ergonomic...

lol but at least we're home. and in time to get a little sleep before the morning kicks off again.

Sorry you had problems. Glad you are both okay! :(

JK/SEA
10-15-2010, 09:29 AM
must be a toyota truck.

Icymudpuppy
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Most vehicles which mount the spare under the frame behind the rear axle have a similar mechanism. Chevy's are the most ludicris in their requirements that I've found. Anyway, one of the first things I do when getting a new used vehicle is checking to make sure I have the right tools. If I don't I go get them. Lost time waiting for roadside assistance is lost money.

FunkBuddha
10-15-2010, 10:35 AM
S-10 I presume?

GunnyFreedom
10-15-2010, 02:29 PM
must be a toyota truck.

this. :D

JK/SEA
10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
this. :D

lol...spent an hour jerry-rigging 'something' to get the spare down from my sons 4x4 toyota...geeez...yeah...he had no jack or tools.