PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Life: Animal rights?

RPR-omaha
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
from MSNBC: [URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19113211/"]

This is just another example of the government trying 2 take away our rights!And worse the poll on MSNBC was split in half on support for the law. If my dog wants to hump my friends leg he should be able to!!!!:D Some good replies are a must for this thread!

mdh
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
First dogs, next people. Eugenics anyone?

SAVEamerica
06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Animals are not people and don't deserve the same rights. They cannot stop themselves from reproducing if they see a chance. Overpopulation is a huge problem in shelters and they have to execute many pets because of it. Feral cats kill songbirds and other species by the ton. Feral dogs have attacked me and many other people. It has many health benefits for the animal and makes them more friendly and clean.

ElGreco
06-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not a dog person... I don;t know much about it. How would new dogs be produced if they are all sterilized? Seems awfully expensive to artificially impregnate dogs.

SAVEamerica
06-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not a dog person... I don;t know much about it. How would new dogs be produced if they are all sterilized? Seems awfully expensive to artificially impregnate dogs.

They said that breeders and people with seeing-eye dogs would be exempt.

RPR-omaha
06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Animals are not people and don't deserve the same rights. They cannot stop themselves from reproducing if they see a chance. Overpopulation is a huge problem in shelters and they have to execute many pets because of it. Feral cats kill songbirds and other species by the ton. Feral dogs have attacked me and many other people. It has many health benefits for the animal and makes them more friendly and clean.

the issue is not animal rights. The issue is that the government does not have the right to tell you what to do with your private property.

angelatc
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
This is the frightening concept of Liberty again. IMHO, "somebody might get hurt" is not a good reason to take away the rights of the people.

ElGreco
06-08-2007, 09:06 PM
They said that breeders and people with seeing-eye dogs would be exempt.

Probably would have helped to read the article, eh?

james1906
06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
breeders are exempt? they're the problem!

Broadlighter
06-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Don't tell me, the dog breeders special interests are behind this, right?

SAVEamerica
06-08-2007, 10:29 PM
the issue is not animal rights. The issue is that the government does not have the right to tell you what to do with your private property.
You can never really "own" something that can think for itself, I think. Property rights should extend to inanimate objects but not thinking organisms imo.

This is the frightening concept of Liberty again. IMHO, "somebody might get hurt" is not a good reason to take away the rights of the people.
Feral animals wouldn't be such a problem if people respected the second amendment more, that's what saved me from being mauled.

Therion
06-09-2007, 07:10 PM
First dogs, next people. Eugenics anyone?

More like dysgenics. Man of the purebred dogs that they allow are inferior to the mutts that they're forcibly neutering.

Just because people don't like something, they think that gives them a right to ban it. The usual.

Anne
06-10-2007, 11:35 PM
This is insanity. They don't "have" to kill all the dogs and cats that don't have owners. They choose to do so. In Italy, strays are considered sacrosanct and are not killed. You are not even allowed to remove a stray cat from where you found it because it violates the cat's rights. Guess what? There is not a rabies or disease problem in Italy. Nature takes care of things just fine. Yet here in America we feel the need to control everything. If a cat isn't "owned" it has to be killed. If a cat isn't neutered it doesn't fit "the plan".

Why do we feel that any animal that isn't owned must be killed?

Killing perfectly healthy animals because they don't have a "home" is insane and barbaric.

One day Americans will wake up.

angelatc
06-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Wild dogs can be dangerous.

Anne
06-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Wild dogs can be dangerous.

Humans are much more dangerous than wild dogs. Wild dogs roam the streets of Italy and there is no problem. In fact it's very charming to see these mutts roaming around, many with only three legs or one eye. Americans want to whitewash the world and make it sterile. Sickening.

SAVEamerica
06-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Humans are much more dangerous than wild dogs. Wild dogs roam the streets of Italy and there is no problem. In fact it's very charming to see these mutts roaming around, many with only three legs or one eye. Americans want to whitewash the world and make it sterile. Sickening.
Those are semi-wild dogs. They live in cities and are exposed to humans on a daily basis.

Real wild dogs who live in the woods and swamps are very dangerous and are much different from the stray dogs you commonly see in cities.

Captain Shays
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I know where I stand. My wolf just had puppies last night. Only two. Both females. One is all white and the other grey.Tosh is a proud daddy and Maya is a wonderful mommy