PDA

View Full Version : California Town Takes in More Political Prisoners as Election Approaches

dannno
10-14-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.independent.com/news/2010/oct/14/cannabis-club-raids-continue/

Cannabis Club Raids Continue

Clubs in S.B. and Goleta Hit in Morning Sweep
Thursday, October 14, 2010
By Ethan Stewart (Contact)

Though details remain few and far between at this point, eye witness reports say local authorities have raided two medical marijuana dispensaries this morning in the Santa Barbara area. Santa Barbara County Sheriffs are currently serving warrants at the Choice Cooperative on Lindmar Drive in Goleta while earlier this morning authorities served similar warrants at the Helping Hands dispensary on the 4000 block of State Street. No other details are available at this time.

Even though this town voted a few years ago to make cannabis the "lowest law enforcement priority", the City Council has put two measures on the ballot:

1) Ban medicinal cannabis dispensaries
2) Highly regulate them

If 1 passes, they are banned, period. If 1 doesn't pass and 2 doesn't pass, then they will be highly regulated. If NEITHER pass, then there will be no local regulations on dispensaries as the current regulations will expire.

Prop 19 is a state level measure that will also be voted on to legalize recreational use of cannabis.

dannno
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
It is really a shame. Helping Hands has been around for over 5 years. They operated very cleanly and rigorously enforced all of their policies to ensure they were obeying the law.

Choice was started by an extremely intelligent young woman who was also involved with ASA (Americans for Safe Access). She sold the dispensary a couple of years back when all the dispensaries were dealing with DEA threats just before the election of Obama.

dannno
10-14-2010, 04:43 PM
bump

dannno
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
bump

torchbearer
10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
i hate obama and all people who participate in this crime against humanity.

dannno
10-14-2010, 11:50 PM
bump

james1906
10-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Hippies need to buy guns.

DamianTV
10-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Hippies need to learn how to fight.

dannno
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
More patient raids have occurred in my area, this is looking more and more like a political prisoner situation.

Cops came by my house today and asked me for patient recs for my roommates and I. They said they flew a helicopter over the whole area and found grows everywhere, all of 'em are legit like us. We aren't breaking any laws, but if I stop posting for more than 3 days or so, you know where I probably am.

dannno
10-21-2010, 05:03 PM
bump :(

Indy Vidual
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
More patient raids...

They are raiding the growers or the patients?
(or both)