PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton's warning to Britain over cuts in defence budget

JacobG18
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/8065363/Hillary-Clintons-warning-to-Britain-over-cuts-in-defence-budget.html

Lucille
10-14-2010, 03:36 PM
The world must be so sick of us bossing everyone around....

Who the hell do we think we are?

HOLLYWOOD
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
We (U.S.A.)already pay for Britain's Defense Budget...

In a classified agreement, for the UK to push and follow any WAR and PROPAGANDA the US demands globally, the US government in return will help defend the British Isles in available military departments (Navy, Air Force, DOD /Contractor).

We The People of the United States give our Navy to the Crown to use...

More Global BS by partners in crime.

nate895
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
We (U.S.A.)already pay for Britain's Defense Budget...

In a classified agreement, for the UK to push and follow any WAR and PROPAGANDA the US demands globally, the US government in return will help defend the British Isles in available military departments (Navy, Air Force, DOD /Contractor).

We The People of the United States give our Navy to the Crown to use...

More Global BS by partners in crime.

Do you have any proof of such arrangement, or are you just speculating?

DanielF17
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
http://hillaryclintoncatalog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hillary_large.jpg

JohnEngland
10-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Well if Hillary Clinton's saying that, then Cameron should do the opposite.

The crazy thing, however, is that Cameron has said he won't cut the NHS (government-run healthcare) budget - even though it's quite clear it's unsustainable!

The NHS - Britain's state religion.

nate895
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Well if Hillary Clinton's saying that, then Cameron should do the opposite.

The crazy thing, however, is that Cameron has said he won't cut the NHS (government-run healthcare) budget - even though it's quite clear it's unsustainable!

The NHS - Britain's state religion.

I watch Prime Minister's Questions regularly on C-SPAN, and am not Cameron's biggest fan for sure. I really have difficulty understanding if there any actual Conservatives left in England, or whether the Tories simply command the conservative vote via loyalty and perceived lack of a better option.

tangent4ronpaul
10-14-2010, 04:35 PM
http://hillaryclintoncatalog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hillary_large.jpg

LOL! - LOVE IT!

Available as a T - maybe?

The article got the byline wrong... BAD editor!, BAD, BAD editor! Corected to read:

"Barack Obama’s government has delivered a stark public warning against major cuts in the British defence budget, suggesting that they would undermine the US Military Industrial Complex and strain their profits. "

DIdn't Hitlary used to march in peach demonstrations? - MK-ULTRA must have some incredible tricks up it's sleave, eithor that or plastic surgery and doubles have gotten ALOT better!

-t

nate895
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
To be fair, the British Defense Budget has been a lot more reasonable than ours. I mean, they are apparently talking about eliminating the capability of amphibious landing with this cut.

oyarde
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
To be fair, the British Defense Budget has been a lot more reasonable than ours. I mean, they are apparently talking about eliminating the capability of amphibious landing with this cut.

Amphibious landing has been a cut by many militaries since the 60's . The Russians are the only one I can think of that added in that area recently and if I recall , at that time they had none .

nate895
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Amphibious landing has been a cut by many militaries sice the 60's . The Russians are the only one I can think of that added in that area recently and if I recall , at that time they had none .

The British might actually need to use it. They are an island nation, and have several overseas dependencies still that are also islands that would require amphibious invasion should they be invaded, and they have in the recent past (namely the Falkland War).

oyarde
10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
The British might actually need to use it. They are an island nation, and have several overseas dependencies still that are also islands that would require amphibious invasion should they be invaded, and they have in the recent past (namely the Falkland War).

It is a luxury capability everyone would like to have but likely will not use . The SAS will just have to jump in if they need to go somewhere .

HOLLYWOOD
10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Do you have any proof of such arrangement, or are you just speculating?

If I disclose... extrapolate: http://cryptome.org/

tangent4ronpaul
10-14-2010, 06:51 PM
It is a luxury capability everyone would like to have but likely will not use . The SAS will just have to jump in if they need to go somewhere .

I think the USMC might take exception to your describing it as a "luxury"...

Speaking of which, QUICK! - somebody hide this thread before Gunny sees it or we'll have a flame war on our hands! ;)

-t

oyarde
10-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I think the USMC might take exception to your describing it as a "luxury"...

Speaking of which, QUICK! - somebody hide this thread before Gunny sees it or we'll have a flame war on our hands! ;)

-t

When I spoke of luxury , I was thinking of smaller countries than us with much smaller budgets . If you want to turn our budget over to me I can make sure everything is taken care of and still have some change left for beer . Even our current Marines have been equipped differently than say , WW11 .

nate895
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
When I spoke of luxury , I was thinking of smaller countries than us with much smaller budgets . If you want to turn our budget over to me I can make sure everything is taken care of and still have some change left for beer . Even our current Marines have been equipped differently than say , WW11 .

The UK isn't in that position. They have a higher per capita GDP than we do.

oyarde
10-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Now you have me thinking. If I recall all those Recon Marines have been to jump school and the First Marines had a parachute regiment . That gives you some capability there .