PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating Glenn Beck Asks his Listeners to Donate to CoC

AuH20
10-14-2010, 02:57 PM
The CoC sucks the big one. Somebody needs to call him up and slap him around. If you're going to send money, you send it to the Senate Conservative Fund or the Club for Growth but never ever the Chamber of Commerce. There is a reason why they despise Ron Paul.

Stary Hickory
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Glenn Beck is hit or miss, he can really miss though.

Chieppa1
10-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Yup. Little hit, little hit, little hit, BIG miss. Its a cycle. Which is way its not a mistake. I'm telling you, lets see who he supports in 2012. If Dr. Paul runs, does he have the balls? I doubt it.

Stary Hickory
10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Yup. Little hit, little hit, little hit, BIG miss. Its a cycle. Which is way its not a mistake. I'm telling you, lets see who he supports in 2012. If Dr. Paul runs, does he have the balls? I doubt it.

He has no grand plan to sabotage anything.....he is a commentator/entertainer. I am not even sure who he would support, I think someone like Rand Paul would get his endorsement 100%, Ron Paul ought to...we will see.

FrankRep
10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
The CoC sucks the big one. Somebody needs to call him up and slap him around. If you're going to send money, you send it to the Senate Conservative Fund or the Club for Growth but never ever the Chamber of Commerce. There is a reason why they despise Ron Paul.

Glenn Beck is just being reactionary, which is sad because the U.S. Chamber of Commerce tends to be anti-Free Market.

Obama, Democrats Declare War on U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Attack Donors
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=264260

Is the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Anti-Business? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/economy/markets-mainmenu-45/977)

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has sold out its old free market principles for Washington, DC beltway politics and begun promoting Barney Frank liberalism. By Thomas R. Eddlem.

Indeed, Congressman Ron Paul has top ratings from the American Conservative Union, the National Taxpayerís Union and The New Americanís own Freedom Index (FI) (http://www.thenewamerican.com/files/Freedom_Index_110-4.pdf). He earned a perfect 100 percent in 2007-08 for the Freedom Index (FI), but rated only a 47 percent on the Chamber of Commerceís ratings (http://www.uschamber.com/issues/legislators/08htv_house.htm). Meanwhile, Massachusetts liberal Democrat Barney Frank earned a 61 percent rating from the chamber while earning only a 15 percent FI rating.

Ron Paul wasnít the only conservative given the short-shrift from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Jeff Flake of Arizona (FI 78) received a 61 from the Chamber, the same as Barney Frank. Over in the Senate, conservative Republican Jim DeMint of South Carolina (FI 79) scored a 57 from the Chamber, lower than uber-liberal Democrats John Kerry of Massachusetts (FI 13, Chamber 63) and Barack Obama (FI 11, Chamber 67).

Chieppa1
10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
He has no grand plan to sabotage anything.....he is a commentator/entertainer. I am not even sure who he would support, I think someone like Rand Paul would get his endorsement 100%, Ron Paul ought to...we will see.

Just saying, we argue about his motives on here ALL DAY. IMO for no reason. But if Dr. Paul is running, in 2012. And Beck, with all his crying (literally) about Liberty, Freedom and America DOESN'T push Paul. Then can we as a forum stop talking about him at all? At that point I'd consider him a waste of time.

oyarde
10-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Considering the style of his show , I would be suprised if he endorsed anyone. I would expect him to go over the dirt on the people he does not support as an awareness thing most likely .

jclay2
10-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Just saying, we argue about his motives on here ALL DAY. IMO for no reason. But if Dr. Paul is running, in 2012. And Beck, with all his crying (literally) about Liberty, Freedom and America DOESN'T push Paul. Then can we as a forum stop talking about him at all? At that point I'd consider him a waste of time.

I am sorry to say, but you will end up disappointed. Its incredible how many times people on this forum give beck another chance. Not surprising, though, many of those people get light bulb moments when a beck scandal erupts (usually like clockwork) and become permanent opposition to him.

Stary Hickory
10-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Considering the style of his show , I would be suprised if he endorsed anyone. I would expect him to go over the dirt on the people he does not support as an awareness thing most likely .

Maybe I dont listen to much..really at all. Lately I have been catching some of his radio shows because he moved to satellite radio. He is better than than everyone except Mike Church on that channel. I like Wilkow ok too...he sometimes slips into a angry rage that lacks intellectual substance though.

Chieppa1
10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I am sorry to say, but you will end up disappointed. Its incredible how many times people on this forum give beck another chance. Not surprising, though, many of those people get light bulb moments when a beck scandal erupts (usually like clockwork) and become permanent opposition to him.

I'm not one of those people.