PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul and Jack Conway show sharp differences in third debate

sailingaway
10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/10/14/rand-paul-and-jack-conway-show-sharp-differences-in-3rd-debate/#comment-43842

much better than the ap writeup.

Jeremy
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Paul also said publicly for the first time that he would vote in a Senate Republican caucus for U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell of Louisville to lead the GOP.

Already giving in to the establishment.

torchbearer
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Already giving in to the establishment.

well, for him to say he won't vote for mitch at this point in time could alienate voters he will need to win.
I reserve my bitching until he actually betrays us. not so much concerned with the election pageant.

sailingaway
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
well, for him to say he won't vote for mitch at this point in time could alienate voters he will need to win.
I reserve my bitching until he actually betrays us. not so much concerned with the election pageant.

Mitch has taken a whip card around and ALREADY HAS THE VOTES to be leader. Jim DeMint has many times, including recently, said he DOES NOT WANT to be leader. Back when the discussion started there was still time when things might have changed. Now, there isn't, and the issue no longer has meaning. Rand would only turn people off and not change any results by not backing McConnell.

Aratus
10-14-2010, 11:26 AM
besides, if rand wins in three weeks time, he has DONE mitch mcconnell a HUGE favor
for mcconnell had been willing to drum up the 15 to 20 million trey grayson would have
needed for any general election senate run he hypothetically was thought to have at
the FANCY FARM of 2008! it seems to me if trey grayson now runs for attorney general
and defeats jack conway on the heels of rand's randslide upcoming... this makes it harder
for jack conway to run against mitch mcconnell in 2014, thusly the trade-off exists whereby
the re-invigorated AuH2o wing of the GOP can have either mitch mcconnell as MAJORITY
LEADER and/or JIM DEMINT as minority leader after we all see if barack obama is to be
re-elected. mitch mcconnell knows rand paul is at best only 2 or 3 degrees to the right of
senator jim bunning, greatly younger than the old ballplayer and more given to thinking
in paragraphs. mitch mcconnell knows jim demint is almost 90% certain to be re-elected
and is a future GOP presidential candidate. mitch mcconnell knows trey grayson did rather
well when running for public office when there was not a GREAT RECESSION! trey grayson
does have his fans, and yes... if mitch mcconnell thinks ahead politically, he perhaps does
wonder if the Lt. governor is more focused on the governor's mansion rather than d.c
and if this is the way of the land, then mitch mcconnell must be thinking how jack conway
may be thinking down the road in a very ambitious manner. i think mitch mcconnell needs
rand more than rand needs mitch mcconnell, even so... lets humour mitch mcconnell and
hope he has a political edge, still. otherwise jack conway may eventually end up in the U.S
senate! lets face it, mica sims called this one about three months ago an' mitch mcconnell's
staffers often read what mica sims says! rand paul has run both a brilliant primary campaign
and a general election campaign. jack conway needs to have bill clinton and barack obama
in his corner, and streaking to the right of daniel mongiardo after he sassily is to the left of
he all through the primary methinks does not cut it in terms of Democratic unity at all, ever!

sailingaway
10-14-2010, 11:32 AM
besides, if rand wins in three weeks time, he has DONE mitch mcconnell a HUGE favor
... if trey grayson now runs for attorney general
and defeats jack conway on the heels of rand's randslide upcoming... this makes it harder
for jack conway to run against mitch mcconnell in 2014,

I think one reason Conway is so dirty in slinging lies in this campaign is he knows it is his last big shot. The Dems will NEVER say Rand is a good candidate with popular views, and when he wins, and PARTICULARLY if there is a Randslide, they will say Jack was a bad candidate. He might get future state elections but I can't see the party pushing him to a federal election like this again.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh geez. Some of the comments aren't especially glowing.

Aratus
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
jerry "governor moonbeam" brown is again running for governor.
admittedly he is a much older an' wiser version of the guy i saw
in person in 1980 at faneuil hall in boston. i do not totally count
jack conway out nor think he's going into total political oblivion!
mitch mcconnell is second guessing EVERY decision jesse benton
makes right now. when rand wins, this erases the borat and bruno
thingie that happened around the semi-amature filmmaker a while ago.

thomas-in-ky
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
PARTICULARLY if there is a Randslide, they will say Jack was a bad candidate.

Guaranteed. Like they say in KY horse racing... you're only as good as your last time out. Jack knows this saying well! Tons of Mongiardo supporters are biting their tongues right now (and some not!). Wait for the mongiarda-lache of negativity toward Conway on Nov. 3rd ... they'll pile on from the center, and Conway's San Francisco supporters will pile on from the left.

BamaFanNKy
10-14-2010, 11:39 AM
"Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Paul Rand "