PDA

View Full Version : David Price makes his largest expenditure in the last decade - last minute

Jeremy
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
He's spending $100,000 on TV ads last minute.

We have received word that our opponent has planned to purchase over $100k on TV ads that start airing today. This enormous expenditure is a clear indicator of exactly how worried Price is about losing this seat in November.

It's the fight of his political career, and he will say anything to stay in office.

He's seen our GOTV effort in action, he knows about our poll, our new ad, and that our volunteers have been dedicated to hitting the streets of the 4th for the past 5 months.

Now he's using fear tactics, attacking me for my position on the Federal Department of Education.

Our educational system used to be the envy of the world, then big government stepped in. Temporary stimulus spending aside, even though North Carolina sends more money to the federal government for education than we get back, he claims we will be "losing" funding.

The fact is, among the world's countries, America's educational system has slipped in ranking since the Department of Education was founded in 1980.

Help us combat the scare tactics.

Price's campaign is funded by large PACs and special interests. Our campaign is funded by thousands of people like you.

We have the messaging and the team to win this election, but we still need your help -- if you can still contribute to our campaign, now is the time we need your contribution more than ever -- $1,000, $500, $100, or even $50 - every little bit helps. Our goal is to raise another $110,000 before Nov. 2 to help match David Price's massive warchest.

This is a fight that will send shockwaves throughout the establishment. We will win this on principle.

In liberty,

William (B.J.) Lawson, MD

Donate! http://www.lawsonforcongress.com

PBrady
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Ad can be seen here:

YouTube - Chalkboard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wvKug14u8)

This should just be confirmation for anyone who thought that BJ doesn't/didn't have a shot that he is well within striking distance. Rand and Amash are going to be great allies, and are basically safe from here on out. BJ could really use some support in the closing weeks.

I'll be out voting for him today, as well as manning the polls. We have GOT to win this seat!

-C-
10-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Ad can be seen here:

YouTube - Chalkboard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wvKug14u8)

This should just be confirmation for anyone who thought that BJ doesn't/didn't have a shot that he is well within striking distance. Rand and Amash are going to be great allies, and are basically safe from here on out. BJ could really use some support in the closing weeks.

I'll be out voting for him today, as well as manning the polls. We have GOT to win this seat!

Oh wait till the entitlement commercials start to run. Seriously. This one was just a tiny jab, I think.

Michigan11
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Ha! I'm gonna be pissed if the election turns out Price 51% - Lawson 49%!

If Lawson gets everyone to give like they did last time, this race would be won.

Thomas
10-14-2010, 08:45 PM
c'mon people, cough up some dough!

Jeremy
10-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Ha! I'm gonna be pissed if the election turns out Price 51% - Lawson 49%!

If Lawson gets everyone to give like they did last time, this race would be won.

If that happens, blame JoshLowry!

JamesButabi
10-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Ive donated several times. As far as im concerned, that was the biggest bang for the buck seeing the other races are ahead.

economics102
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
OK, even if you overlook all the BS and attempts to mislead that are contained in this ad, the internal logic doesn't even make sense. Why would cutting funding from schools result in HIGHER property taxes??? The ad says:

"Lawson wants to eliminate the Department of Education and cut $4 billion from North Carolina's schools. That means HIGHER PROPERTY TAXES, and increased class size."

What??

MozoVote
10-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Education is 60% of the state budget. (Don't tell me there is no waste in THAT sacred cow).

Most school districts in NC are run by the counties. There are a few city school systems hanging on, but the Legislature has repeatedly pressured all of the counties and cities to merge into single, countywide systems.

The property tax increase could come about, because if the counties insist on maintaining their current spending levels, they'd likely raise the difference in property taxes after a state funding reduction,

You have to connect the dots mentally. I agree the ad does not make it clear, the rationale that is involved.

Jandrsn21
10-17-2010, 01:58 AM
This guy just has to lie!!! LOL very sad. When money transfers hands from state to federal then through the bureaucratic cesspool then back to the states. Then wouldn't that save money if that process was eliminated! Raise property taxes for what? Tax the people for education on the state level, make education decisions on the state level and spend the money on the state level. Makes sense to me, BJ really needs a counter tv ad to this and nail this guy to the wall for his blatant deceit!

Lord Xar
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Here you go:

Dear ****,

Your contribution of $50.00 was received. Thank you for your most generous support!

Sincerely,
Lawson for Congress Staff

Confirmation code:
ADYCCNZQD9ZR

PBrady
10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Awesome! These next two weeks are gonna be everything. It'll be close, but I'm still feeling confident. Price simply can't match our ground game.