PDA

View Full Version : Gathering the tough questions

ronpaulitician
06-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm sure many (most?) of you have come across questions regarding Ron Paul's views on the issues that were not exactly easy to answer.

I think it might be helpful to start to gather all these questions, so that we can prepare ourselves for those questions.

Ideally, we would forward the list of questions to Ron Paul himself, and give him a chance to respond to all the questions in person (YouTube?).

Some of the questions that I've ran across that I've found difficult to answer:

Is Ron Paul a racist?
What will Ron Paul do on his first day in office?
What will Ron Paul be able to accomplish as president?
Why does Ron Paul sometimes vote against the Constitution?

Please use this thread for listing questions only. Once we have gathered a nice list of questions, we can start trying to find answers question by question.

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Libertarians Want To Rape The Environment!

What About Global Warming!!?!?!

Libertarians want to end all regulations that prevent corporations from harming the public! If Ron Paul get's elected the corporations will take over! WHAT WILL WE DO??????

Spatch67
06-08-2007, 06:45 PM
If we end the 'War on Drugs', more people will die, right?

If the government no longer funds public eduction, won't our kids be more stupider?

I am now more stupider for having typed these questions... :D

angrydragon
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41822 for the racist remarks.

Ron I think said he will try to get rid of the income tax and bring the troops home once he's in office.

He'll give everyone more individual liberty and responsibility along with less federal government in our lives. Like the federal police arresting Californian residents for mary jane.

When does he vote against the Constitution?

True monopolies only happen with government interference (laws, regulations, taxes, etc). Market monopolies can die once they offer inferior products or services, another company replaces them or they just end since no one wants or needs that service or product.

Bluedevil
06-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Cant tell if you are being sarcastic. But anyway, we still have no way of knowing whether global warming is a serious threat. What we do know is that if we begin regulating the economy, thousands of middle and lower class Americans will lose their jobs. It is estimated that signing the Kyoto Protocal, while having almost no effect on global tempertures but will cost American taxpayers $125 billion a year. This was all conviently left out of Al Gore's movie. My guess is that Ron Paul would keep an eye on the issue of global warming, but certainly wouldnt rush into any regulations that would be devestating to the American people.

Harald
06-08-2007, 06:56 PM
legalize drugs => stoned parents will abuse innocent children. I am all for abolishing victimless crimes, but children will suffer if we legalize drugs

[that is what O'Reily told Harry Browne in 2000]

Spatch67
06-08-2007, 06:58 PM
If you read the first post, the idea is just to get a bunch of questions that sheeple ask about Ron Paul. After the list of tough questions is assembled, then we will discuss them on the message board and post legit answers.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2007, 07:04 PM
What is the difference between privatization and corporatism?

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 07:09 PM

I believe corporatism means government favoring certain corporations, usually at the expense of other corporations, and the free market more generally. Which actually sounds a lot like fascism, which if I remember right was very explicit about "cooperation" between the state and industry.

Privatization often comes with the negative connotation of valuable state owned enterprises being sold-off for below market prices in secret deals. Though I don't think that is neccesarily always a feature of privatization, just something that seems to happen frequently.

RPR-omaha
06-08-2007, 09:04 PM
legalize drugs => stoned parents will abuse innocent children. I am all for abolishing victimless crimes, but children will suffer if we legalize drugs

[that is what O'Reily told Harry Browne in 2000]

O'Reily is such a tool.:mad:

angrydragon
06-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Ron says it best himself about corporatism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfOYScoX__E

vertesc
06-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Corporatism is a term coined by Mussolini, as a better description of his own fascist state. The idea is that the government is controlled by one person, who heeds the advice of corporations according to their size. The larger the corporation, the more sway they should have. This is all from 5 year old memory btw, so do a wikipedia to make sure.

Privatization is the act of taking a government monopoly (ie healthcare in Canada) and turning it over to the private sector. There are a variety of ways to do this; you can sell off the government monopoly corporation, you can simply stop offering a service, or you can do a "crown corporation" (don't know the US term) where it is a corporation acting with government funding. No matter which way you do it, the public benefits as services are offered more efficiently.