PDA

View Full Version : US Unemployment 9.6% Mexico 5.5% - Illegal Aliens

SociallyRenderedImage
10-14-2010, 12:47 AM
U.S. unemployment rate: 9.6%. Mexican unemployment rate: 5.5%. Who's to blame.

Via this (http://www.examiner.com/immigration-reform-in-national/our-undefended-border-keeps-mexican-unemployment-low-while-our-own-rises-to-depression-levels), the unemployment rate in Mexico was 5.5% (July 2010). As of August 2010, the U.S. unemployment rate was 9.6%.

While there's not a one-to-one correspondence between jobs done by Mexican illegal aliens in the U.S. and jobs done by U.S. citizens (even if jobs Americans wont do is a myth) and there are other factors to consider, clearly the Mexican government's policy of sending people north has worked out well for them. At the same time, millions of unemployed Americans could be doing jobs that are currently taken by illegal aliens. That would also mean decreased social spending: many Americans wouldn't need unemployment insurance, and we'd no longer be providing social services to many foreign citizens who were here illegally. Increased enforcement would free up jobs for Americans and at better wages and under better conditions than illegal aliens are receiving.

So, who to blame for this situation? Pretty much every political leader and member of the establishment: almost all Democratic Party leaders, most Republican Party leaders, libertarians, the tea parties (their leaders for supporting the situation and their followers for mostly ignoring it), most major rightwing bloggers (for ignoring or even supporting the current situation), almost all major leftwing bloggers, the media, religious groups, far-left and racial power groups, and on and on. Numerically they're very small, but they have a lot of power. And, they're on the wrong side and they're helping keep their fellow citizens unemployed.

DamianTV
10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
We could help those numbers by sending 20 million replacement illegal mexicans back to mexico.

erowe1
10-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Is the fact that they're illegal an important point here?

Or would it still be the same if they were all legal?

LibertyEagle
10-14-2010, 08:30 AM
I agree with the OP on this issue.

low preference guy
10-14-2010, 12:09 PM
I can't believe unemployment rate in Mexico is lower than the U.S. Are you sure the Mexican government isn't cooking the statistics?

erowe1
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I can't believe unemployment rate in Mexico is lower than the U.S. Are you sure the Mexican government isn't cooking the statistics?

I don't know. I wonder how many of those employed Mexicans are making less than it's legal to work for here, and in conditions that can be more cheaply maintained than those that are required here.

When you allow people to offer their labor at wages and conditions as low as they choose, unemployment naturally goes to zero. The problem the American workers have isn't too much competition from Mexicans, it's that the government prohibits them from offering to work for low enough wages and under poor enough conditions to be able to compete.

libertarian4321
10-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Ding ding ding!

We have a winner!

oyarde
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM

Our statistics are cooked pretty hard . Our real unemployment rate is estimated at 17 %. Mexico stats are closer than ours probably . There is no welfare there . Many of the unemployed in Mexico are involved in the drug cartels and have limited life expectancy. Look on the bright side , nearing 30 % in Iran . Good day not to be a Persian .

oyarde
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I bet the real unemployment rate in Michigan is 20 % . Indiana , probably 14 - 15 % . The lowest unemployment rate would be Washington DC.

Lord Xar
10-14-2010, 03:43 PM
We could help those numbers by sending 20 million replacement illegal mexicans back to mexico.

Co-Sign.

oyarde
10-14-2010, 04:01 PM
If I recall , around June 05 of this year , the Bureau of Labor Statistics was estimating unemployment at 16.4 % . I would surmise that is close ( maybe slightly low ) and that it has gotten worse .

oyarde
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
We have had , do have and will continue to have for at least a bit longer the worst employment numbers ever that I can see . There are 6 unemployed people for each job being created , That is worse than the depression .