PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart interviews Tim Cantor, talks about Real ID, exposes republican hypocrisy

BenIsForRon
10-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Good to see Jon Stewart remembers Real ID

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-12-2010/eric-cantor

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-12-2010/exclusive---eric-cantor-extended-interview-pt--1

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-12-2010/exclusive---eric-cantor-extended-interview-pt--2

Brian4Liberty
10-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah, Stewart stuck him good on all of his previous big government votes. (Eric) Cantor is a joke. Extreme RINO.

GunnyFreedom
10-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Cantor probably thinks Real-ID will help the militia repel an invasion. Or maybe he likes it for stopping insurrections. Identification is not a DOD realm, and the DHS is an unconstitutional bastardization of American force. Bring the troops home to actually repel invasions, Mr. Cantor, like we are supposed to, and leave this Orwellian nightmare out of our country!

We are losing parts of frggn Texas to a mindless and violent drug war while US troops twiddle their thumbs in 135 countries! You can't seriously talk about reducing the federal budget without reducing war department spending. Does the US really need an embassy in Iraq as big as the Vatican? Why not re-open our closed bases, bring the vast majority of our troops home from everywhere, reenergize our old base towns that have shut down like Charleston, SC, and direct our soldiers to keep the peace on our borders!

"Repel Invasion" is a specific Constitutional command. Cartels hold dominion over parts of Texas borderlands, it might be time to do what the Constitution tells us to? It's just a kind of bonus that it cuts our defense budget in half without losing strength or readiness. Indeed, increasing both strength and readiness at less than half the price.

These are the kinds of innovative reforms that need to be brought to legislation in Washington DC. If you heard of a plan to reduce DOD spending by half without losing strength or readiness, would you want to know more?

Until conservatives are willing to touch this subject, then they aren't really conservative at all. They just like to play dress up with the lesser subject matter.

Withdraw our armed forces from most of the planet, leave heavy rapid response teams in strategic US territories, and re-open all the bases we closed to deploy so hard. Now, it costs a lot less to maintain the soldiers and the infrastructure, and that money is spent into the US economy. Defense spending draws to half, and readiness increases through unit cohesion and infrastructure efficiencies. Too many troops with nothing to do means we can finally get around to what the Constitution actually demands: repel invasions, secure the border from cartel incursions. Then end the war on drugs so the border isn't a war zone anymore.

Imagine an America at peace with the world and her neighbors.

Imagine an America whose government obeys the Constitution.

Still justifying PATRIOT and Real-ID? I'm just not sure that Mr. Cantor has the same vision for America as I do...

Knightskye
10-14-2010, 12:44 AM
I watched it on TV. Defending his vote for Real ID because of the broad, vague responsibility of "national security." Amazing.

You'll notice he wasn't praising the states for nullifying that.

DamianTV
10-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Wow, all I'm getting now is 404 errors.

revolutionary8
10-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks Benis.
It is always curious to watch when Stewart outs himself as being "against" an issue. I bet they gave this gatekeeper the "go" b/c right now he is especially hated and despised by the majority (anti-Beck Rally) of those unknowingly duped in to backing Draconian legislation like Real ID in order to "secure the borders"... This is controlled counter-opposition. Stewie comes out "just at the right moment" in orderl create a "backlash" (whether he knows it or not) and waaahhhlaaaa- Real ID is all of a sudden "Stewart vs. Beck"...

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, his boy Obama is bombing Pakistani's with Predator Drones without a declaration of war.

sigh and "we" were having some success w/ opposing any sort of National ID w/in the GOP... I hope this doesn't shoot it all to shit.