PDA

View Full Version : USA Daily: Ron Paul has mandate for equal time during Fox News debate

Electric Church
10-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Admin- duplicate:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26419

Happy days are a comin:

Ron Paul has mandate for equal time during Fox News debate

Marty Eels
USA Today
Thursday, October 18, 2007
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=128737

Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul has broken through to the top tier of Republican candidates running for president. He knows it, GOP voters know it, and as previously reported; media outlets are grudgingly admitting it.

Ron Paul commented on the issue in a message to supporters, “The blackout is ending; our campaign is starting to get mainstream media attention, thanks to growing donations and volunteers.”

Ron Paul continued in his message to supporters:

“All over America, our support is wide and deep and growing, and young people are joining like never before. After the Dearborn debate, I went to the University of Michigan for a rally. 2,000 students turned out, something that has happened to no other candidate this year.”

It is a remarkable fact that Ron Paul has consistently drawn crowds all across the country that continuously seem to dwarf those of his opponents. Given the scant media coverage Paul has received it is a testament that his message is resonating.

The Republican Party appears to be recognizing that Ron Paul has a chance of winning the nomination. Paul said to supporters:

“After all the aggressive wars, the assaults on our privacy and civil liberties, the oppressive taxation, and the crazed spending and deficits, I believe that many Republican voters are ready to return to our roots. And the big boys feel it too.It is no coincidence that the Republican National Committee invited me to a fundraising dinner involving only top-tier candidates."

Commenting on Alan Greenspan’s recent interview on the Fox Business Channel Paul said:

” the reporter asked if we really needed a central bank. Greenspan looked stunned, and then said that was a good question; he actually talked about fiat money vs. a gold standard. Now, the ex-Fed chairman is not about to endorse our sound monetary policy, but you know our Revolution is working when such a question is asked in the mainstream media, and this powerful man gives such an answer.”

He continued on about the crowd of 2000 at his campaign’s Dearborn rally:

“They cheered all our ideas, but especially our opposition to the Federal Reserve, and our support for real money of gold and silver, as the Constitution mandates, instead of prosperity-wrecking fiat money. American politics hasn't seen anything like this in many decades. It is truly revolutionary”.

Ron Paul’s campaign does not appear to be willing to sit in the background of the presidential race any longer and made that very clear Wednesday during a press conference. Paul’s campaign pointed out that only four candidates remain viable at this time in the Republican field.

Paul’s campaign highlighted that according to the financial reports, the indication is that the only viable candidates where Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul. Mitt Romney’s campaign is viable as long as he continues to spend his personal wealth.

Ron Paul’s campaign may do many things in this election but it has already made media polls irrelevant suggesting them to be an outdated obsolete method of rating candidates. If the polls were accurate Dr. Paul should not be in third place in the GOP money race.

The cable networks have been giving a disproportionate amount of time in televised debates to what they believed to be the top tier of candidates (Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, and McCain).

Expect a reshuffling of that order, replacing McCain with Paul during the Fox News debate in Orlando Florida this Sunday, or viewers may see a flashback to the famous Ronald Reagan line from a presidential debate, when he said, “I’m paying for this microphone” but instead, Paul might say, “the American people have paid for this microphone”.

specsaregood
10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Marty Eels
USA Today
Thursday, October 18, 2007
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=128737

That is USA DAILY, not USATODAY.
and not MSM.

quickmike
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
pshhh

these false alarms are getting more and more frequent arent they?

Electric Church
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
oh man.....too bad. Had my hopes lifted up there. Well it's gettin closer. :(

quickmike
10-18-2007, 06:04 PM
oh man.....too bad. Had my hopes lifted up there. Well it's gettin closer. :(

yes it is..............everyday.

Good try though.:D