PDA

View Full Version : O'Donnell: Politically correct to be fiscal conservative

Fr3shjive
10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
YouTube - O'Donnell On Afghanistan: We Need To Finish The Job Against The Soviets (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcRxOJhW8nQ&feature=player_embedded)

TheTyke
10-13-2010, 10:30 PM
I liked her, I really did. But isn't this kind of the definition of a neocon? Not concerned about spending, and pro-intervention?

Well, I don't see what we can gain by gunning for her, as the other guy is as bad or worse. But I'm disappointed...

Fozz
10-13-2010, 10:34 PM
O'Donnell is full of lol.

RonPaulwillWin
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I watched the whole thing, how did I miss this? Her fingers were shaking at one point and she seemed nervous. She seemed like a human being next to that slick politician. Too bad she has a neo-con foreign policy though, what a shame.

At least she said as a senator, she said she wouldn't push her social agenda on the people so I guess that helped a little.

Sola_Fide
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Ughhh....

I don't know how anyone could endorse war so matter-of-factly.

It really strains the mind....

AGRP
10-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Her problem is shes not good at hiding her conscious.

She's too worried about pleasing the likes of Rove and Kissinger.

TheTyke
10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I think I still like her. Some of our best senators (like Bunning and DeMint) are wrong on foreign policy but have they guts to stand up for their beliefs... unlike McConnell who is not only wrong, but deceives the public about his views and makes deals. I hope Christine is more like the former.

That said, we desperately need to elect some senators who are both right AND stick to their convictions, like Rand!

FrankRep
10-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I liked her, I really did. But isn't this kind of the definition of a neocon? Not concerned about spending, and pro-intervention?

Read: Defining Terms: What is a Neoconservative (Neocon)? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257106)

She's not a Neocon, but she's a useful tool for the Neocons to manipulate. Click on the link above to understand what a real Neocon is.

Wolverine302
10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
sigh, disappointed with what i heard from her.
She did not bring up ending the endless wars.
http://www.forum.cheatengine.org/files/son_i_am_disappoint_111.gif

Brian4Liberty
10-13-2010, 10:59 PM
Come on, we know what she meant, and it wasn't that we are still fighting the Soviets over there. I'm sure John Stewart will find a way to twist it.

Fr3shjive
10-13-2010, 11:01 PM
How can anybody still support her when she admitted that she believes in an interventionist foreign policy?

Dont give me the lesser of two evil BS.

tsetsefly
10-13-2010, 11:05 PM
ugh... leaving aside her foreign policy stand (which is typical republican). I have had enough with moralist candidates. She would never get my vote...

She also seemed like your run of the mill republican.

Theocrat
10-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Christine O'Donnell is a great example of how most Republicans are just as fiscally irresponsible on warfare as they claim Democrats are on welfare. She has no problem with getting us into more debt by fighting in these wars, and yet, she is supposed to be a fiscal conservative? Please...

If anyone is being politically correct, it is Christine. She is being politically correct with her party's foreign policy. The politically incorrect thing to do is to stop wasting money in these wars, bring our troops home, and secure our borders. Obeying the Constitution is the politically incorrect thing to do, but she's too bloodthirsty to do that.

nobody's_hero
10-13-2010, 11:18 PM
We have to locate the neocon gene that makes them incapable of linking endless war and fiscal irresponsibility.

LibertyEagle
10-13-2010, 11:24 PM
We have to locate the neocon gene that makes them incapable of linking endless war and fiscal irresponsibility.

Truth.

O'Donnell kinda had me, until I heard this little interview snippet. There's just no excuse.