PDA

View Full Version : Vaccines for Babies? [PARENTS please read and give feedback]

RileyE104
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I recently became a father... :)

However, I'm kind of disappointed in myself because after everything I have learned about the dangers of vaccines I didn't question the shots they gave my son when he was first born..
With all the commotion going on I didn't even think about questioning it.

On Monday, my wife and I brought him to the doctor's for his 2 month checkup..
We were aware he would be receiving the Hepatitis B vaccine. I already decided he would have to get that one since it's required for school and I'm not able to home school nor is anyone in my family.
BUT - we didn't know he would also be getting 3 other vaccines until we got there and they pulled them out.
During this time, for some reason my thoughts started to scatter and I just didn't know what to say. He got the vaccines. It made me feel horrible seeing and hearing him get them because he screamed his head off.

My thoughts on this are split. I know nothing about medicine other than "eat right and exercise" so you don't have to get vaccines and stuff. But this was dealing with a BABY. I mean, I got the shots when I was a baby and a kid and I'm "fine". Or am I? :eek:

I feel like I should leave the medical stuff up to the doctors because I feel like if I don't let him get the vaccines he will get sick and my wife will blame me. But, I also feel like I should NOT let him get the vaccines because if he DOES he WILL get sick or "messed up".

He goes back for a 4 month checkup in December. I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help me in the right direction with your own opinions..

BTW, the baby is exclusively breastfed. It did not occur to me to challenge the vaccinations with this fact until after we left. :(

He got 1 oral (rotavirus vaccine), and two other vaccines in shot form (not including the Hep. B shot). The papers say "Pneumococcal conjugate" and "Haemophilus Influenzae Type B".

I am really disappointed in myself for letting this happen to my son. :(
Especially after I just researched the Rotavirus vaccine. I can't believe I allowed that to enter my son's body.

RileyE104
10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Also, the baby has yet to go #2 since Monday afternoon.

From what I can find on Google it's pretty normal after vaccinations but if he doesn't go by tomorrow I'm going to take him back to the doctor.

Other than that he's fine.

Either way, what's done is done. I'm just debating what to do when he goes back for his 4 month check up.

tropicangela
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
It looks as though in Texas you can obtain a religious exemption from the health department to enroll your child into school if you choose not to vaccinate what they "require." http://www.vaccineinfo.net/exemptions/index.shtml

The Hep B shot can be delayed until the child is school age and old enough to have sex.... but, there is a question whether or not vaccines are even effective as well as safe.

So if you believe they are effective, then you can delay or pick and choose. If you don't believe they are effective, you can say no all together. Either way, you can obtain a religious exemption.

I mostly refer to what Dr. Tenpenny, Mary Tocco, and Dr. Mercola have to say about vaccines.

There is a book by Dr. Sears that I hear is rather neutral on the topic. http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/

Shinerxx
10-13-2010, 02:41 PM
My daughter is 6 months old and I have experience enough to answer your questions. First of all you live in Texas and it is a outright lie that vaccinations are required for school. Here is a link to the Texas Department of State Health Sevices where you can request a vaccine exemption affidavit:

https://webds.dshs.state.tx.us/immco/affidavit.shtm

It took us one week to receive ours then you have to have it notarized. Just go to your local 2Big2Fail bank branch and ask for a public notary.

Fistly, you and your wife need to be in agreement about vaccine delay or refusal. It has been used in a court of law against a parent during a child custody case.

Secondly, you need to find a pediatrician that will not chastize and belittle you for exercising your responsibility as a parent to vaccinate your child as you see fit. To find this pediatrician in your area call local midwives. Most will keep a list of pediatricians or family practice doctors they recommend for parents wishing to delay or refuse vaccinations. Compile a list of these doctors and compare it with a list of doctors covered by your insurance plan. My wife and I learned this lesson the hard way. We selected a peditrician practically at random. We had one meeting were he seemed open to delay vaccinations and at my daughters two week appointment ripped my wife a new orifice for telling him no.

We are creating a custom vaccination schedule for my daughter. Omitting some vaccines altogether(i.e. Rotatech et. al.) and delay others until a more appropriate time of year (i.e. Pneumococcal conjugate and HIB). I did loads of research on each vaccine and disease weighing risks and rewards to create my daughter's schedule.

My daughters first vaccine was at her two month appointment and it was DTaP and IPV. At her four month in was DTaP, HepB, and IPV. They offered the 3 in one dose and my wife and I agreed but in hindsight I should have researched the 3 in 1 more first.

Breastfed babies can go several days between BMs. Our daughter went almost 3 days without a BM once and I have heard they could take longer. I would argue the vaccines had nothing to do with your son's BM schedule.

Jcambeis
10-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Do some research and pick the vaccines that are important. I am not against vaccinations, just forced vaccinations.
A good web site that is pro vaccine is quackwatch.com. You seem pretty familiar with the anti vaccine rhetoric so i not include those links.

ItsTime
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
If you choose to pick and choose DO NOT TELL the school or anyone, that is what you are doing. They will FORCE you to take the rest of the shots because you "lied" on you religious exemption form.

Acala
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I am not as anti-vaccine as many on this forum. I think the mass-immunization programs should be avoided. But there is no question in my mind that vaccines such as polio, small pox, and tetanus, to name a couple have been valuable IF prepared and administered correctly.

I had my children immunized for various childhood diseases on schedule but have tried to talk them out of getting flu shots. Their mother took them anyway.

As for the bowel movement, I wouldn't worry about that yet as a breast milk diet doesn't produce much waste and the baby may not actually be getting all that much milk yet. Check with the breast feeding experts.

And that is the limit of my knowledge.

Oh, one more thing. Breast milk poop doesn't stink. How about that?

Rocket80
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
IMO that 'vaccine's cause autism' stuff is nonsense ,but to each his own. I think it's stupid to not vaccinate your kids but do not advocate govt. coercion in the matter. You'll be okay.

The more important question is did you protect your son's penis from being ritualistically mutilated.

fisharmor
10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm not anti-vaccine, just anti the type of vaccine that is meant to keep my infant daughter from getting STDs, because those vaccines are retarded.

What I am, however, is anti-school.
Whatever crap they're injecting into his legs now is nothing compared to the crap they're going to inject into his head for 13 years.

Please reevaluate your situation. Believe me, things can change in five years.
My three year old daughter is figuring out reading and writing with very little coaching from us. We CAN'T put her in school, because they'll spend the first year undoing everything she's learned already, forever ruining her and likely marking her as a disciplinary problem.

You just might find yourself in the same situation. Do as much homework on school as you are on vaccines, and you might find out two important facts: first, that he can do it without school, and second, that any learning that happens at school is purely coincidental and certainly not the point of it at all.

tropicangela
10-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Some private schools offer tuition assistance if you don't think you can afford it. Look into various types of education including democratic based on the sudbury model. You might have more options than you realize.

Acala
10-13-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm not anti-vaccine, just anti the type of vaccine that is meant to keep my infant daughter from getting STDs, because those vaccines are retarded.

What I am, however, is anti-school.
Whatever crap they're injecting into his legs now is nothing compared to the crap they're going to inject into his head for 13 years.

Please reevaluate your situation. Believe me, things can change in five years.
My three year old daughter is figuring out reading and writing with very little coaching from us. We CAN'T put her in school, because they'll spend the first year undoing everything she's learned already, forever ruining her and likely marking her as a disciplinary problem.

You just might find yourself in the same situation. Do as much homework on school as you are on vaccines, and you might find out two important facts: first, that he can do it without school, and second, that any learning that happens at school is purely coincidental and certainly not the point of it at all.

This^

School is brain damage in a can.

Home school or no school.

Read a book called Summerhill by Neill

RileyE104
10-13-2010, 04:42 PM
So do you guys believe the vaccines they give babies are "ok" as in they wont damage him?

I will not be getting him vaccines like the "swine flu" when he gets older.
I'll instead make sure he eats right and stays healthy so he won't need it.

But other than that, are there any vaccines I should be making sure are avoided?

Jcambeis
10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
So do you guys believe the vaccines they give babies are "ok" as in they wont damage him?

I will not be getting him vaccines like the "swine flu" when he gets older.
I'll instead make sure he eats right and stays healthy so he won't need it.

But other than that, are there any vaccines I should be making sure are avoided?

I think you should talk to your doctor about your concerns. Let them know why you are concerned. Some vaccines can be given together or separate. You may have an option to take multiple vaccines at once or spread them out. I like them grouped

Most people fear of vaccines is due to readings about thimerosal. I do not believe any vaccines with the exception of the flu contain thermerosal.

I opt of the flu, because my kids are healthy and it cycles and you can build immunity to it.

heavenlyboy34
10-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I think you should talk to your doctor about your concerns. Let them know why you are concerned. Some vaccines can be given together or separate. You may have an option to take multiple vaccines at once or spread them out. I like them grouped

Most people fear of vaccines is due to readings about thimerosal. I do not believe any vaccines with the exception of the flu contain thermerosal.

I opt of the flu, because my kids are healthy and it cycles and you can build immunity to it.

Yes, but adjudvants (http://www.whale.to/vaccine/adjuvants.html) are pretty scary too. :eek:

tropicangela
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM

Depends who you ask. You're going to have to research and make up your mind. I know, it's a big responsibility and can be intimidating. As for me, I choose none.

ghengis86
10-13-2010, 10:19 PM
research each vaccine your pediatrician wants to administer; talk with him/her about each one. review the pros and cons and make an informed decision.

my kids get some shots and not others. ex; Pertussis - yes, risk outweighs potential adverse side effects (IMO), Hepatits B - no, it's a BBP and I didn't feel it provided any real benefit with potential adverse side effects. Flu shots - no, not for any in our family.

use the search function in the "Health Freedom" sub-forum; there's tons of good information there, with links to good sources.