10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/10/bush-quip-might.html

-n

FreedomLover
10-18-2007, 05:02 PM
O god, here it comes...

hopeforamerica
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
You know, if he does that, can you imagine the outcome? Democrats, us, and the rest of the world can't stand Bush will hit the streets. I can't imagine the revolution then.

aravoth
10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
You know, if he does that, can you imagine the outcome? Democrats, us, and the rest of the world can't stand Bush will hit the streets. I can't imagine the revolution then.

I could see everyone but the far left, and the far right doing something about it. The far left would have their dream realized. Big Authoritarian government, and the far right would have thiers, A massive crusade across the whole planet.

The far left wouldn't fight back, these are the same idiots that have been advocating for gun control. I'd love to know how these dumbasses think they are gonna fight back without a firearm, Harsh Langauge? Some idiotic "contraversial" movie? Maybe a few cardboard protest signs. The stupidity of the far left is utterly incredible.

And the far right is no better. They sit there and cheer everything on, acting like they are somehow a part of it, rooting for the team so to speak. They'd probably hand over their firearms if a church told them to do it.

quickmike
10-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Uh, I pretty much would guarantee he would be assasinated within a month.

No joke.

The Good Doctor
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
That is not a joke. That is a nightmare! :D

FrankRep
10-18-2007, 05:50 PM
You scare me Mr. President

I mean Prime Minister Bush, Sir!

SeanEdwards
10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Uh, I pretty much would guarantee he would be assasinated within a month.

No joke.

He'd be in an undisclosed location for the duration.

Or at least until homeland security manages to rendition everyone posting on this forum.

james1844
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
People often joke about things that are on their mind.

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 05:54 PM
The far left wouldn't fight back, these are the same idiots that have been advocating for gun control. I'd love to know how these dumbasses think they are gonna fight back without a firearm, Harsh Langauge? Some idiotic "contraversial" movie? Maybe a few cardboard protest signs. The stupidity of the far left is utterly incredible.

I totally agree on this....I have a gun and use it proficiently and everyone else I know that does likewise are not leftists...if there is trouble they will be wiped out....

Their only HOPE: file lawsuits hahahahahahahaha......ACLU to the rescue.

terlinguatx
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM

FrankRep
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
When is Bush going to wake up. America is tired of his BS and lies. Why doesn't he get it through his stupid head that he needs to change course. Grow a spine, stand up to your neocon court advisers, and do the oppostie of what they say. you aren't on some holy missions who's benefits only you see. you're leading this country down a disasterous path bush, and if you had an ioat of sense you'd listen to the people and drop it!

He's serving his masters well.

american.swan
10-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I have a feeling that he won't do it. But I firmly believe he could, which shouldn't even be possible. I promise you that a president in the future WILL do this if it isn't drastically altered.

Hamburglar
10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Get your liberty arms.

werdd
10-18-2007, 07:02 PM
maybe he was joking, he has a harsh sense of humor

dircha
10-18-2007, 07:08 PM
As bad as Bush is - and he will go down as one of the worst presidents ever - I'd rather have Bush than Giuliani, Romney, or Thompson, if those were the alternatives.

Question_Authority
10-18-2007, 07:25 PM
*edit*

voortrekker
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
My advice, become an American rifleman/woman.

Learn how to hit targets out to 500yards with IRON sights.

Learn the HISTORY about how OUR REPUBLIC started and of the WISE words of founding forefathers at the same time.

It's called the Appleseed Project(http://appleseedinfo.org).

This is NOT a militia project, the goal is simply teach marksmanship to make riflemen/women and embrace the words of the founding fathers of this once GREAT NATION.

Become an American Rifleman/woman, it simply FEELS good!

It's easy sign up and make some friends for life. There's one near you!

jmarinara
10-18-2007, 07:59 PM
And the far right is no better. They sit there and cheer everything on, acting like they are somehow a part of it, rooting for the team so to speak. They'd probably hand over their firearms if a church told them to do it.

Actually AV, as a member of the Far Right, you're right on this on. I had to fight many people in my own camp to throw Fema documents out of churches that tell Pastors to prepare there congregation's to hand over firearms in the case of an "emergency".

Pathetic.

conner_condor
10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I have no doubt in my mind he would and will do this..His rating is the lowest of any president in history.. He is going to start ww3 and be safe in his F/King bunker.. He is an evil M/Fer... He knows he is not liked and you have seen his BS revenge on people... He is a very dangerous evil F/K..He gets revenge on people who doesn't like him or disagrees with him.. Right now, That is about 85% of the US population he despises... He will pull this shit without a doubt.. He is mental..
Dry Drunks have very unstable personalities... I know damn well he is on medication to control his mood swings.. We all seen these things in him..Watch some of his videos, Personality change among him in most everyone...

paulitics
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Actually AV, as a member of the Far Right, you're right on this on. I had to fight many people in my own camp to throw Fema documents out of churches that tell Pastors to prepare there congregation's to hand over firearms in the case of an "emergency".

Pathetic.

Oh my god. When did they start doing that? Thats scary stuff. And people were for it?

conner_condor
10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
My advice, become an American rifleman/woman.

Learn how to hit targets out to 500yards with IRON sights.

Learn the HISTORY about how OUR REPUBLIC started and of the WISE words of founding forefathers at the same time.

It's called the Appleseed Project(http://appleseedinfo.org).

This is NOT a militia project, the goal is simply teach marksmanship to make riflemen/women and embrace the words of the founding fathers of this once GREAT NATION.

Become an American Rifleman/woman, it simply FEELS good!

It's easy sign up and make some friends for life. There's one near you!

What ya aiming for at 500yrds with iron sights? A india elephant?:D
I say just get something that sprays the lead as fast as you can squeeze the trigger and concentrate for 100yrds in a paper plate...Trust me, There is hardly anywhere you can see 500yrds without being obstructed by view other than a desert...

Nefertiti
10-18-2007, 08:23 PM
My husband filed his citizenship application 2 weeks ago. One of the things I noticed he has to agree to is not just to serve in the military if drafted, but also to engage in "national service" as required. I've seen presidential directives signed by Kennedy that call for mobilizing the population to engage in "national service" against their will.

Nefertiti
10-18-2007, 08:24 PM
I say just get something that sprays the lead as fast as you can squeeze the trigger and concentrate for 100yrds in a paper plate...Trust me, There is hardly anywhere you can see 500yrds without being obstructed by view other than a desert...

Perhaps windows of the White House....Not that I am suggesting that of course.

thomaspaine23
10-18-2007, 08:24 PM
To my mind just saying that statement abrogates his oath of office to preserve protect and defend the constitution, even in jest.

When the Law of the Land becomes something that those who have sworn to uphold, jest about , we have a serious problem.

Seeing as this "president" believes god talks to him and has told him to spread freedom, what happens when god tells him he needs to stay in office "just a bit longer"?????

SeanEdwards
10-18-2007, 08:27 PM

500 yards?!?!

Good god, a man sized target at 300 yards looks about as big as a gnat. Somebody must have some damn good eyes. :rolleyes:

voortrekker
10-18-2007, 09:19 PM

Conner,

It is very possible, I can do it with an M1A or an FAL(no scope and so can my girlfriend with an AR-15)

It really is not that difficult to do to hit a 20inch by 20inch target at 500 yards with iron sights, all it takes is a litttle bit of practice and fortitude.

You don't need any thing fancy, just a service grade rifle and service grade ammo.

You don't even need a fancy semi-auto rifle, a "basic" deer hunting bolt action rifle will do.

But even for practice, for the fundamentals, a .22 long rifle will do with outstanding results.

Why? Many of the targets we use are simulated for 100yds, 200ds, 300yds, 400yds, and 500yds.

So, if you can hit these targets, whether it be a .308 from an M1A(the greatest battle rifle ever BTW) or a 10/22 Ruger OR whatever rifle one chooses- YOU ARE CAPABLE TO HIT TARGETS OUT TO 500 yards with iron sights).

If you like scopes, hey, we welcome them.

You won't literally hit a target at 500yds with a .22, but the fundamentals of riflery can be met with a .22.

And, again, spraying and praying don't work and it never will.

Focused, concentrated rifle fire is what counted. That's what our forefathers did on April 19th 1775.

500 yards with IRON sights, IT is very possible!

I'm not talking 1 inch bulls eye at 100yards, I'm talking getting that bullet into a 20x20 inch target at 500 yards. YOU CAN DO IT.

Go to http://appleseedinfo.org, this is an opportuntity to get the some of the BEST marksmanship training and it is really inexpensive, $70 for two days of marksmanship training. You can't find that any where else for less than $1000 a weekend.

Plus, kids and military shoot free! And there's a history lesson on the American Revolution.

Again, this non-profit organization's goal is this, to teach Americans to shoot a rifle, and to teach them about OUR American heritage, that's it.

It cannot be beat.

Become a rifleman/woman, Please.