PDA

View Full Version : Gallop Poll: Americans' Image of "Federal Government" Mostly Negative

lynnf
10-12-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/143492/Americans-Image-Federal-Government-Mostly-Negative.aspx

More than 7 in 10 Americans use a word or phrase that is clearly negative when providing a top-of-mind reaction to the federal government.

A Sept. 20-21 USA Today/Gallup poll asked respondents what they would say "if someone asked you to describe the federal government in one word or phrase." The accompanying chart shows the results in graphic form, with the words or phrases displayed according to how frequently they are mentioned.

Stary Hickory
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
imagine people disliking a government who forces it's citizens to use it services(or at least pay for them)

I wonder what people's opinions would be about a restaurant who forced them to eat there and pay. Since there is no recourse the food would suck and the people would hate it. Same thing here.

lynnf
10-13-2010, 05:56 AM
imagine people disliking a government who forces it's citizens to use it services(or at least pay for them)

I wonder what people's opinions would be about a restaurant who forced them to eat there and pay. Since there is no recourse the food would suck and the people would hate it. Same thing here.

there is no limit to the bounds to which they will push us

lynn

speciallyblend
10-13-2010, 06:03 AM

ftg, i wonder if they consider that negative;)

Philhelm
10-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Fuck the fucking government piece of shit cunt whores!!!

Oh...sorry. I suppose I'm of the majority opinion here.

kahless
10-13-2010, 07:44 AM
The problem is many people are so brainwashed from years of indocrination that it is near impossible to have a discussion with them about doing without it. They just can't imagine a life without government. Just mentioning Libertarian beliefs or anarchism immediately provokes the OMG that would be chaos response.

The other part of the problem is the team mentality to politics that people have. They want to be on the winning team of R or D. I do not know whom I hate more, the fucking idiot voters in this country or the government itself. It is like the chicken or egg debate.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Oh...sorry. I suppose I'm of the majority opinion here.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/bsflag.gif

We love government around here, it's our favorite pastime.

ChaosControl
10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Too bad they will not act on their supposed dislike of the Federal Government. If they did, if they embraced localism, we would actually be far more unified as a country than we could ever be with a centralized government simply because we'd be able to be more tolerant since we'd all be allowed to have the type of government that best suits us.