PDA

View Full Version : Matt Gonzalez endorses Dennis.

Revontulet
10-12-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/146588

[In open letter]

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi,

I write you because a large number of your constituents, myself included, are tired of your leadership. As Speaker of the House, and representative of California’s 8th Congressional District, you have failed to offer a satisfactory explanation for many of the political choices you have made. Even your most ardent supporters are at a loss to defend your escalation of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan after you became Speaker (despite your promises to end the war), and for your support for the Patriot Act, its subsequent reauthorization, and for your support for the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, among other things. Equally reprehensible was your vote on March 21, 2003, two days after President Bush authorized the Iraq War invasion, in support of a resolution declaring “unequivocal support and appreciation to the president…for his firm leadership and decisive action.”

Recently, it came to my attention that your opponent in the 8th congressional race, John Dennis, had challenged you to a debate and that you had declined his offer.

The press reported that when John Dennis spoke with you in Washington D.C., on September 23rd, you said you would “not be in the District enough” to debate him. You did not offer more details explaining why that was the case. You also did not suggest the alternative of holding a debate in Washington nor did you make other arrangements to accommodate the democratic process.

As a matter of fact the excuse you did give, that you wouldn’t be in San Francisco, is unconvincing. The press reported that as recently as October 7th, you attended a baseball playoff game in San Francisco. A public debate could be completed in 2 hours, which is less than the length of an average professional baseball game.

Continues: http://www.fogcityjournal.com/wordpress/2010/10/gonzalez-pens-open-letter-to-pelosi/

Although you may want to dismiss your congressional opponent John Dennis because he is a Republican, I assure you that he is a serious candidate with views worthy of consideration. In addition to being firmly anti-war and committed to defending civil liberties, Dennis is pro-gay rights, opposed the Wall Street bailouts and has joined in the populist call challenging the legitimacy of the Federal Reserve. Recently, in the Capitol Times, liberal commentator John Nichols posed the question of whether John Dennis was a “Prototype of the new urban Republican.

Brian4Liberty
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Also being discussed in General Politics:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=264082

Revontulet
10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Ah, okay. I read the news presumably after everyone on this forum did, and was a bit surprised that there was not a topic here (where I assumed it would be).

Brian4Liberty
10-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Ah, okay. I read the news presumably after everyone on this forum did, and was a bit surprised that there was not a topic here (where I assumed it would be).

This is a good place for it too!