PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama is channeling Ron Paul right now on CNN

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 06:23 PM
He just said something along the lines of " In regards to war... we have to be more aware of the effects of our own actions", or something like that. Sure sounded like RP to me.

ChooseLiberty
06-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Seems like the Dems have been watching Dr. Paul in the debates.

Watch out for Dems mixing in some of Dr. Paul's positions into their platforms to try and draw away some of the Paul supporters.

angelatc
06-08-2007, 07:18 PM
It's not just in regards to war though. He's a goof.

KingTheoden
06-08-2007, 07:20 PM
He just said something along the lines of " In regards to war... we have to be more aware of the effects of our own actions", or something like that. Sure sounded like RP to me.

What kind of equivocal statement is that? Barak Obama is panicking because Ron Paul has supplanted him as the 'hot, trendy ticket.' Obama kowtows to Wall Street and has no regard for the Constitution. Ron Paul flat out said he has been and is against the war and backed up his position with a strong, pro-defense set of reasons.

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
What kind of equivocal statement is that? Barak Obama is panicking because Ron Paul has supplanted him as the 'hot, trendy ticket.' Obama kowtows to Wall Street and has no regard for the Constitution. Ron Paul flat out said he has been and is against the war and backed up his position with a strong, pro-defense set of reasons.

That may not have been his exact words, but that was the gist of it. I was busy on the internets and just heard him in passing.

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
06-08-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope all the candidates start echoing Dr. Paul. Giuliani did it in the last debate when he copied Dr. Paul's comments about Vietnam. The ideas are the key, and if his ideas start winning out he will have won some major battles.

angrydragon
06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Well if they start stealing from Ron and people who watch the debates know they're stealing, it just shows that Ron is right and they will look like flip-floppers.

Misesian
06-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Doesn't Kucinich pretty much share the same war sentiments as Ron Paul?

qednick
06-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Barack who??? :confused:

sandersondavis
06-08-2007, 09:58 PM
I hope all the candidates start echoing Dr. Paul. Giuliani did it in the last debate when he copied Dr. Paul's comments about Vietnam. The ideas are the key, and if his ideas start winning out he will have won some major battles.

I don't remember hearing Giuliani saying that in the last debate, but hell yeah, if he did that was a major blunder on Rudy's part. Great fodder for You Tube now, and RP campaign commercials later.

Scene #1. Ron Paul making the statement in the first debate.
Scene #2 Rudy demanding an apology for RP's contention about the reasons for the 9/11 attacks.
Scene #3 RP assigning Rudy the reading list.
Scene #4 A replay of scene #1, followed by
Scene #5 Rudy parroting the same words.
Scene #6 A split screen of #4 and #5 with RP just ever so slightly leading RG.
Scene #7 Someone (who?) looking into the camera and thanking Rudy for taking the time to learn about the issues.

The whole thing should be doable in less than 30 seconds.

whatayouthink?

joshdvm
06-09-2007, 12:44 AM
He certainly did:

MR. GIULIANI: I think the challenge for our generation is going to be, are we able to share those gifts in an appropriate way with the rest of the world? If we can bring along the Middle East, if we can bring along those countries that are presently our enemies and get them to see the values of these ideals, if we have the moral strength to be able to explain it to them in the way Ronald Reagan was able to do with Communism, then we can — we can end up having the peace that we want.

And we should not — we should never become pessimistic about this. Remember this is the country that was at war with Vietnam just a short while ago; we’re friends now.

MR. BLITZER: All right.

MR. GIULIANI: This was a country that was at war with Japan, Italy and Germany a generation ago. They’re some of our best friends today. (http://www.cfr.org/publication/13549/)

aravoth
06-09-2007, 12:47 AM
He certainly did:

MR. GIULIANI: I think the challenge for our generation is going to be, are we able to share those gifts in an appropriate way with the rest of the world? If we can bring along the Middle East, if we can bring along those countries that are presently our enemies and get them to see the values of these ideals, if we have the moral strength to be able to explain it to them in the way Ronald Reagan was able to do with Communism, then we can — we can end up having the peace that we want.

And we should not — we should never become pessimistic about this. Remember this is the country that was at war with Vietnam just a short while ago; we’re friends now.

MR. BLITZER: All right.

MR. GIULIANI: This was a country that was at war with Japan, Italy and Germany a generation ago. They’re some of our best friends today. (http://www.cfr.org/publication/13549/)

Rudy is such a dipshit.

jon_perez
06-09-2007, 02:25 AM
He just said something along the lines of " In regards to war... we have to be more aware of the effects of our own actions", or something like that. Sure sounded like RP to me.Exactly.

I think Ron Paul himself would agree that it is the ideas which are important and that whether or not he gets to be president is secondary. Just the fact that he is getting himself on the media and having people exposed to the ideas he talks about is doing a lot of good.

I am still waiting though, for someone to even come remotely close to Paul in articulating these ideas which arouse such passion and zeal (often overly so ;) ) in his supporters.