PDA

View Full Version : Angle Raises 14 million dollars in one quarter

AuH20
10-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Incredible. "Extremism" sells I guess. ;):D

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/12/blockbuster-angle-raises-14-million-in-third-quarter/

fatjohn
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
wtf thats more then most presidential primary candidates!!!

MRoCkEd
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
What's the comparison of raised/cash on hand between her and Harry Reid?

AuH20
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
What's the comparison of raised/cash on hand between her and Harry Reid?

I think he had close to 15 million coming in. And he used alot of it early on to assail Angle. Now she has a nice sized warchest to really brutalize him in the closing weeks.

RonPaulFanInGA
10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
wtf thats more then most presidential primary candidates!!!

Seriously. Paul raised more than any other GOP primary candidate in the fourth quarter of 2007 with 19.95 million.

Between Paul and Palin, I think the 2012 GOP primary is going to be flooded with cash.

AuH20
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
A very revealing breakdown. People are breaking open their pickle jars to fund Angle:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/oct/13/blind-hate-financing-angles-run/

Angle has all but done what she promised to do when she advertised her campaign on conservative talk shows and Fox — “Harry Reid has said he will raise $25 million in this race. I need 1 million people to send $25.”

And you know what: She did it. Or essentially she did.

An incredible 161,358 people sent her checks of $200 or less. Her average donation is $90, Agen says.

So much for the corporate money lies.

AuH2O
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
It's mostly direct mail money, so you have to figure in enormous upfront costs as well. I imagine she netted less that $10 million, if not much less.

ravedown
10-13-2010, 12:26 PM
as a nevada resident and someone closely following this campaign, i can't help but feel like something is fishy about this...seems people like angle-but she doesn't inspire people in a way that would explain this money bomb.
i question the source of this cash.

LibertyIn08
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
as a nevada resident and someone closely following this campaign, i can't help but feel like something is fishy about this...seems people like angle-but she doesn't inspire people in a way that would explain this money bomb.

There's nothing to question.

Its the same strategy Oliver North used in his Virginia campaign.

RileyE104
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Seriously? How is it so hard to believe that it's coming from people who simply HATE Harry Reid?

specsaregood
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Maybe it isn't her that inspires but rather her opponent?

AGRP
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
A very revealing breakdown. People are breaking open their pickle jars to fund Angle:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/oct/13/blind-hate-financing-angles-run/

So much for the corporate money lies.
WOW

Did anyone note the clearly bias title to the story?

"The blind hate that is financing Sharron Angle’s run"

Clearly, they've thrown the grain of objectivity that they had out the window.