PDA

View Full Version : New TV ad [YouTube]

Jeremy
10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
YouTube - Nancy's Price 30 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ujpENCEjk)

Jordan
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone want to make a ChipIn for a good voice actor? :(

PBrady
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
That's his wife.

lol

Jordan
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
That's his wife.

lol

Really?

She sounds like she's 12.

Nathan Hale
10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Can't say that I approve of the angle they're taking.

It's a blue district - instead of tying Price to Pelosi, they should tie him to the problems we're having directly. You could have had that ad without the Pelosi tie-in, because the goal should be to attract Dem voters to Lawson. He also should have left out the illegal immigrant amnesty jab for the same reason.

If I have one general criticism of Lawson this season it's that he should run more like he did in 2008, as a kinda-green, kinda-liberal, constitutional republican. He needs to outflank Price and win Dem votes, not count on the GOP to come out of the woodwork and give him the win.

wormyguy
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
I think our friend BJ still thinks he's running in the Republican primary.

BenIsForRon
10-12-2010, 10:58 PM
I think our friend BJ still thinks he's running in the Republican primary.

Maybe the research they've done shows that the key to winning is making sure all the republicans in the district get out to vote?

On the other hand, many democrats believe that the economic collapse was all Bush's fault, and Obama is doing his best to clean up the mess. So they really don't have a problem with the stimulus or Pelosi. They definitely have a problem with the bailouts though (everyone does), so it may help with some democrats.

Man, if there was a way he could appeal to both crowds...

Michigan11
10-13-2010, 01:11 AM
My opinion of Lawson is that he knows what he is doing, although I'm not a blind follower, yet he has more information than anyone in here posting and looking from the outside. Price is very worried as are any dem's tied close to Pelosi. Dem's along with repubs are waking up, I'd estimate about 1/3 in each party have become more open minded.

Lawson I predict could take this race with enough funds raised in this political environment. Let's hope the money doesn't come too late to be used, it's going to be close I think.

PBrady
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Lawson I predict could take this race with enough funds raised in this political environment. Let's hope the money doesn't come too late to be used, it's going to be close I think.
My worst fear is BJ losing by less than, say, 2-5 points, and then having everyone here staring at their feet, twiddling their thumbs when they realize they could have done more.

There is good reason to believe that we are even less than that distance away from winning, which is why everything is so crucial. Early voting starts TOMORROW.

-C-
10-13-2010, 05:54 PM
My worst fear is BJ losing by less than, say, 2-5 points, and then having everyone here staring at their feet, twiddling their thumbs when they realize they could have done more.

There is good reason to believe that we are even less than that distance away from winning, which is why everything is so crucial. Early voting starts TOMORROW.

If he loses it'll be because he never, ever, went after Price's base at all. His campaign manager is fail. This ad is fail. Its going to be so close that whoever loses will probably cry in the corner that night for an extended amount of time.

I tried to tell BJ to go after his base by telling them he voted to repeal FDRs banking regulation. I tried to tell him to mention that HC reform cut state funding to medicare/caid and that price voted for it.

He said he'd do both, he did neither in the last two cable tv debates. His campaign manager is a neocon failure. I was tempted to go to the last event, that took 100$ to get into the door, just to tell them how stupid they both were, regarding this strategy.

Seriously you'd think after the first debate when he said the Pelosi line and the guy in the background said "thats a good thing." he would have quit the shit. But no, hes pandering to neocons and anti-obama/pelosi people in the wrong place. He is way to timid.

By the way, outsigned 5:1 in chapel hill, and no blitz. I guess he has given up chapel hill. He is literally scared to come here for some reason.

sratiug
10-13-2010, 06:20 PM
The voice sounds thin because of the way it was recorded. I'm sure it will cut through on the TV though. Seems like a great ad to me.

SilentBull
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
He's running in a general election in a very liberal place and the ad calls him a "constitutional conservative"? Am I missing something here???

LudwigVonMisoSoup
10-15-2010, 01:18 PM
He's running in a general election in a very liberal place and the ad calls him a "constitutional conservative"? Am I missing something here???

I don't think it's as negative as you may think. The Constitution is being championed by everyone just about now. Even those that don't necessarily equate themselves with the Tea Party. I think most voters in NC-4 that are familiar with Lawson realize this label more aptly describes his fiscal conservatism.

Jeremy
10-15-2010, 01:43 PM
If he loses it'll be because he never, ever, went after Price's base at all. His campaign manager is fail. This ad is fail. Its going to be so close that whoever loses will probably cry in the corner that night for an extended amount of time.

I tried to tell BJ to go after his base by telling them he voted to repeal FDRs banking regulation. I tried to tell him to mention that HC reform cut state funding to medicare/caid and that price voted for it.

He said he'd do both, he did neither in the last two cable tv debates. His campaign manager is a neocon failure. I was tempted to go to the last event, that took 100$ to get into the door, just to tell them how stupid they both were, regarding this strategy.

Seriously you'd think after the first debate when he said the Pelosi line and the guy in the background said "thats a good thing." he would have quit the shit. But no, hes pandering to neocons and anti-obama/pelosi people in the wrong place. He is way to timid.

By the way, outsigned 5:1 in chapel hill, and no blitz. I guess he has given up chapel hill. He is literally scared to come here for some reason.
I doubt you know how to campaign better than his manager. But my experience with his manager has been quite strange as well.