PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Says '12 Run Depends On Fall Of U.S. Dollar

bobbyw24
10-12-2010, 06:00 AM
By Lindsey Boerma

Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R) told reporters Saturday that the bulk of the economic crisis is yet to come, and that a White House '12 bid largely hinges on his anticipated fall of the U.S. dollar.

Prior to appearing before the Virginia Tea Party Patriots Convention in Richmond, Paul called a complete implosion of the U.S. currency system "95% likely... [because] right now the whole world is racing to beat their currencies because they think it's going to help trade...

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/10/paul_says_12_ru.php

speciallyblend
10-12-2010, 06:04 AM
well i am already poor and broke so let the dollar crash and burn! Sure can't lose anything else except my job or life!!

Bruno
10-12-2010, 06:42 AM
Well, then he's running!

torchbearer
10-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Well, then he's running!

he believes that to be 95% likely.
thisnovember5th.com
let's get it on!

bobbyw24
10-12-2010, 07:16 AM
he believes that to be 95% likely.
thisnovember5th.com
let's get it on!

Straight up

erowe1
10-12-2010, 07:33 AM
I've got a bad feeling about this reasoning he's using.

A decision to run has to be made at least by some time in the Spring of 2011, a year-and-a-half before the 2012 general election. A lot will happen in that time period, and if the dollar doesn't drop significantly between now and next May or so, it still could between then and 18 months later. And if that happened, the only way RP could present his policies as an option to the American voters would be if he were already running.

If the financial collapse in the summer of 2008 had happened 6 months earlier, it would definitely have hurt McCain and benefited Ron Paul in those primaries. We're talking about developments that can occur rapidly and emerge at unpredictable times. The key is to be on deck for when they happen, not to wait for them and then react and have to start a whole presidential campaign from nothing.

smartguy911
10-12-2010, 07:36 AM
well i am already poor and broke so let the dollar crash and burn! Sure can't lose anything else except my job or life!!

hmm...shouldn't you be spending some time making sure you have some money instead of posting stuff on here.:confused: If you are comfortable with being poor and broke, that's different thing.

**ignore the reply if you are just saying you are poor but in reality you are not.

Matt Collins
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM

A decision to run has to be made at least by some time in the Spring of 2011, a year-and-a-half before the 2012 general election. A lot will happen in that time period, and if the dollar doesn't drop significantly between now and next May or so, it still could between then and 18 months later. And if that happened, the only way RP could present his policies as an option to the American voters would be if he were already running.

If the financial collapse in the summer of 2008 had happened 6 months earlier, it would definitely have hurt McCain and benefited Ron Paul in those primaries. We're talking about developments that can occur rapidly and emerge at unpredictable times. The key is to be on deck for when they happen, not to wait for them and then react and have to start a whole presidential campaign from nothing.
Look at history for his last run. When did he announce then? :)

erowe1
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Look at history for his last run. When did he announce then? :)

Which is why I said I don't think he should wait for the dollar to drop before he announces.

tangent4ronpaul
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM

I'm expecting him to declare in Jan 2011, but to play the devils advocate not declaring till really, really late could be a brilliant strategy. He wouldn't be considered a threat so not blacklisted by the media with whom he could court mega face time, he wouldn't be bound by campaign finance laws so could do things regular candidates could not. In short, he would be a stealth candidate - letting the MSM do the vast majority of his advertising for him. If he could declare after the primaries as an independent the usual reaction most of both sides have: "both choices suck" would suddenly have a third option...

What is the absolute latest date to declare as a Republican or Independent presidential candidate for 2012?

-t

Bruno
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Which is why I said I don't think he should wait for the dollar to drop before he announces.

It'll be bad enough.

erowe1
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
It'll be bad enough.

Eh. I'd be careful about trying to make predictions like that connected to such a short window of time.

Paulfan05
10-12-2010, 09:20 AM
what if the dollar crashes after 2012?

Mini-Me
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
what if the dollar crashes after 2012?

In that case, he certainly doesn't want it to be blamed on him and "those damn libertarians and Constitutionalists who screwed everything up and proved once and for all that their ideas are disastrous." I imagine his timing is partially about a justification for running, but I think it's also out of concern for the future and wariness for how history is written.

Matt Collins
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Don't forget to factor in the impact of CPAC/RLC in early 2011.

erowe1
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Don't forget to factor in the impact of CPAC/RLC in early 2011.

Are you saying that to us or to Ron Paul? He's the one who said he'll base his decision on the fall of the dollar.

kahless
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM

You run a high risk of losing both if shit really hits the fan. Prepare now before it is too late.

Things could be so bad the mainstream will be begging for a Ron Paul presidency while the other side in favor of total Communism.

Bruno
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Eh. I'd be careful about trying to make predictions like that connected to such a short window of time.

What I mean is, his concern for the dollar has been there for years, and this is just setting a parameter around it so he doesn't have to directly answer the question. (my opinion, of course).

There is not going to be a miraculous recovery of the dollar in the short term, not a dramatic downturn necessarily, but that isn't needed. The dollar, and our country, will still be in enough jeopardy for him to use it as a reason to run.

V4Vendetta
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM

x2

I've had one hell of a rough ride the past 1 1/2 years, If the economy got any worse, I wouldn't know, unless Trade stopped, I couldn't buy gas anymore, or saw a large mob walking down my street. Then I'd just bring out my 308 and sit in the shadows

erowe1
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
What I mean is, his concern for the dollar has been there for years, and this is just setting a parameter around it so he doesn't have to directly answer the question. (my opinion, of course).

There is not going to be a miraculous recovery of the dollar in the short term, not a dramatic downturn necessarily, but that isn't needed. The dollar, and our country, will still be in enough jeopardy for him to use it as a reason to run.

I hope so.

The way I read it was that it looked like he was waiting for something to happen that hasn't happened yet.

Promontorium
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Then he's not running. If he's looking for excuses, he'll find them.

Cherder
10-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Ron isn't an idiot, he's going to announce by February.

If he runs and the dollar doesn't collapse until after 2012, he's a prophet. If he runs and the dollar collapses during the race, he's still a prophet.

Waiting to announce until after the collapse of the dollar would waste months of time on a national platform, talking about the very collapse that is forthcoming.

If the collapse is coming, then why not tell as many people about it before it happens? What better platform than a run for president? What better time than when people are fed up with the same answers they are getting from establishment R&D's?

There is no better time. Ron will run in 2012, and he's announcing Q1 2011.

ctiger2
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM

If/when Gold is at $1650 in Jan 2011 Ron will be assured to run. He's running...

johnrocks
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Something is telling me that as soon as the races are over next month, he will announce, no later than the first of the year anyway. Just a gut feeling.

Deborah K
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I think he'll run as well. Many of the things that worked against him the first time will work for him now, such as his stance on the war, the economy, the Constitution - no other Republican was saying or predicting what he was. Plus, the media marginalized him and made him out to be a kook and now they all love his ass.

Another interesting point is that he was considered "not presidential enough" because of his grandfatherly/professorly appearance and demeanor. Now that there are so so many non-political people running for office who have similar demeanors, it could work for him this time. I've heard on a couple different occasions on the news stuff like this when they are talking about Tea Party candidates:

"Yeah, but he doesn't come off very well when he debates"

"But that's what people want these days, they don't want the slick politician, they want REAL."

fatjohn
10-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Yeah I think Paul's chances are bound with the dollar anyways. He will run anyway but he will only have a chance, a big chance, if the dollar collapses in the next 14 months. So that's why he is making sure he is the one who predicted it and that it will be clear to everybody that he was the one who predicted it. I hope it will take a while before some Palin or schmuckabee will repeat what he is saying.

Stary Hickory
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Well I'd like to see Ron Paul get into office. But I think Rand has a better shot..even in 2012. Really though I think if we could repeat 2008 elections Ron would win.

Ricky201
10-12-2010, 07:29 PM
In that case, he certainly doesn't want it to be blamed on him and "those damn libertarians and Constitutionalists who screwed everything up and proved once and for all that their ideas are disastrous." I imagine his timing is partially about a justification for running, but I think it's also out of concern for the future and wariness for how history is written.

I 100% agree with this post, and that is what will happen when he gets elected. You don't think Bernanke will trying having the last laugh if Ron Paul becomes president? Trust me, it's so much easier to make Ron Paul infamous and make him out to be the president that threw America in the shitter, therefore destroying any type of return to common sense in our generation, instead of any kind of assassination attempt that would turn him out to be a martyr.

Hell, it may be better for Ron to run and not to win the damn thing (which will most likely be the case anyways).

Agorism
10-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Announcing before CPAC would help fire people up to go there and win.

Of course that course of action would only make sense if he is invited, which is never a sure thing.

cindy25
10-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Well I'd like to see Ron Paul get into office. But I think Rand has a better shot..even in 2012. Really though I think if we could repeat 2008 elections Ron would win.

not yet; the neo-cons and the religious base still want empire and war

qh4dotcom
10-13-2010, 12:53 AM
I am starting to believe that this dollar crash isn't coming anytime soon because the rest of the world has to cut off the US and stop propping up the phony economy. I mean look at what the Chinese prime minister is saying

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/10/06/china.currency.wen.eu.ft/index.html?hpt=T2

I do see the country going deeper into debt, prices rising steadily as they have in recent years but no crash until world leaders have the guts to say No to the Obama administration.

torchbearer
10-13-2010, 06:07 AM
I am starting to believe that this dollar crash isn't coming anytime soon because the rest of the world has to cut off the US and stop propping up the phony economy. I mean look at what the Chinese prime minister is saying

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/10/06/china.currency.wen.eu.ft/index.html?hpt=T2

I do see the country going deeper into debt, prices rising steadily as they have in recent years but no crash until world leaders have the guts to say No to the Obama administration.

China is already practicing and preparing for the day they say no..
Google news: China naval drills against U.S. enemy, and China buys a shit ton of gold.

speciallyblend
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
hmm...shouldn't you be spending some time making sure you have some money instead of posting stuff on here.:confused: If you are comfortable with being poor and broke, that's different thing.

**ignore the reply if you are just saying you are poor but in reality you are not.

yeah i love being broke, thanks to government and corporations screwing over my wife and leaving us broke!! ftg and ftc so now because i am broke i shouldn't be posting on rpf or supporting Ron Paul 2012 or expressing my opinion!! Do me a favor do not make assumptions on how i run my life or how i got there. I work 2-3 jobs!!! if you knew me or knew what has happened in the last 3 yrs. you wouldn't of made that post!!!

torchbearer
10-13-2010, 06:35 AM
yeah i love being broke, thanks to government and corporations screwing over my wife and leaving us broke!! ftg and ftc so now because i am broke i shouldn't be posting on rpf or supporting Ron Paul 2012 or expressing my opinion!! Do me a favor do not make assumptions on how i run my life or how i got there. I work 2-3 jobs!!! if you knew me or knew what has happened in the last 3 yrs. you wouldn't of made that post!!!

I feel you man.

trey4sports
10-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Yes, his post was quite rude

Lucille
10-13-2010, 10:07 AM

Max Keiser on 10/11 (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=169025):

I am hearing from my sources in Europe and in the Middle East, the Hedge Funds and Big Money, they plan to attack the US dollar tomorrow in a very substantial way (http://www.presstv.ir/detail/146243.html). They are completely fed up with Walls Fargo, J.P. Morgan and the Federal Reserve Bank, they want to take the American economy offline completely, they are sick and tired of the fraud, they are sick and tired of the Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner who is a financial terrorist and they are going to push the price of gold up to 1400 dollars an ounce, possibly tomorrow, as a result of this fraud. The big money is sick of it and they are going to take American economy offline.

DamianTV
10-13-2010, 10:11 AM
The collapse of the Dollar isnt what scares me. The US Dollar, in its current state, that it is completely fiat, is nothing any of us should hope continues to exist. And downfall of any fiat currency isnt what scares me.

What the Banks and the Governments of the World will replace the US Dollar with is what scares me.

Deborah K
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
The collapse of the Dollar isnt what scares me. The US Dollar, in its current state, that it is completely fiat, is nothing any of us should hope continues to exist. And downfall of any fiat currency isnt what scares me.

What the Banks and the Governments of the World will replace the US Dollar with is what scares me.

^This