PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Piece on TUCKER msnbc NEXT

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
about who is giving Paul money

gagnonstudio
10-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Good thing, I need something about RP after watching the Tucker/Huckabee lovefest. Huckabee would be such a wimpy president that the special interests would eat alive.

Adamsa
10-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Get this on YouTube once it's over please!

shepburn
10-18-2007, 04:12 PM
is it me, or has there been an explosion of MEDIA attention in the past 24hrs to our hero?!?

Time, ABC, MSNBC, FOX, Jay Leno .... woot!

Let's reconize this as no small victory on our part!

It is working my dear friends!!

Danny Molina
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
FAUX news? Where? Do you mean the business channel interview?

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:16 PM
The donation surge IS WORKING.

BLS
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
The donation surge IS WORKING.

No, not Maybe sir, it IS working. :D

michaelwise
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Who's gonna be the first to get it on Youtube?

specsaregood
Good thing, I need something about RP after watching the Tucker/Huckabee lovefest. Huckabee would be such a wimpy president that the special interests would eat alive.

Speaking of which, Huckabee has been the BIGGEST imitator of Ron Paul. It is obvious that he is keeping an eye on the blogosphere talk about Ron Paul.

His latest?
In the tucker interview he pulls out the "I'm the vertical candidate" out of nowhere.

I wonder where I read that about Ron Paul hitting the Vertical Voter Dimension recently. Could it be townhall.com (http://libertybell.townhall.com/g/b8996f97-bc98-4326-be76-2c1509144554)?

ItsTime
I guess when Tucker says next he means he is going to talk about Huckabee more and then go on another break and maybe talk about Paul then

shepburn
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
FAUX news? Where? Do you mean the business channel interview?

I mean the FOX and Friends interview from yesterday. It was VERY positive and it gave us emailers all the credit. Youtube it!

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Speaking of which, Huckabee has been the BIGGEST imitator of Ron Paul. It is obvious that he is keeping an eye on the blogosphere talk about Ron Paul.

His latest?
In the tucker interview he pulls out the "I'm the vertical candidate" out of nowhere.

I wonder where I read that about Ron Paul hitting the Vertical Voter Dimension recently. Could it be townhall.com (http://libertybell.townhall.com/g/b8996f97-bc98-4326-be76-2c1509144554)?

He's the vertical candidate with the horizontal fund-raising chart.

gagnonstudio
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Huckabee is bothering me. I don't understand why he's doing so well, when he's such a do-nothing nobody. He just tells little heart warming stories. AHHHCK! He drives me nuts. I think he's the biggest vote taker from RP.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Huckabee is bothering me. I don't understand why he's doing so well, when he's such a do-nothing nobody. He just tells little heart warming stories. AHHHCK! He drives me nuts. I think he's the biggest vote taker from RP.

Why do you think Huckabee takes away from Ron Paul? Most Christians I know don't really like this "Democrat".

Besides, we are crushing his donation numbers!

He is irrelevent.

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
sounds like its going to be a hit piece

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Charismatic, promotes some popular policies, appeals to some moderates with his evangelical social programs, seen as a good alternative to the top tier if you're a pro war person.

RadioDJforPaul
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM
This is all you need to know about Huckabee...

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contribute.Home

laff

American
10-18-2007, 04:30 PM
It sure does sound like its going to be a hit piece. Tucker and his hard core libertarian politics can suck my....

ItsTime

ttps://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contribute.Home

laff

break the link

gagnonstudio
I have a feeling that Tucker will mention the military support to Ron Paul, but then talk about the Clown, Slacker, and Strippers that have donated. Trying to make him look like... you guessed it.... a kook.

kylejack
It sure does sound like its going to be a hit piece. Tucker and his hard core libertarian politics can suck my....

What's he saying?

specsaregood
I liked how Tucker though Giuliani should get people to donate 2 million to huckabee so that huckabee could take iowa and hurt romney. I wouldn't doubt this is already planned.

shepburn
Charismatic, promotes some popular policies, appeals to some moderates with his evangelical social programs, seen as a good alternative to the top tier if you're a pro war person.

I disagree... no one is excited about him. This is way Dr. Dobson has not endorsed him. Huckabee is not an obstical for us.

Name recognition is our only weakness...

CasualApathy
10-18-2007, 04:31 PM

Why does it sound like a hit piece? (I cant watch it)

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
nope look at hucks site.... 63k raised this month lol

I liked how Tucker though Giuliani should get people to donate 2 million to huckabee so that huckabee could take iowa and hurt romney. I wouldn't doubt this is already planned.

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I disagree... no one is excited about him. This is way Dr. Dobson has not endorsed him. Huckabee is not an obstical for us.

Name recognition is our only weakness...
I didn't say they were excited about him...Just that if you're a pro war person, and many are, he's one of the more sensible charismatic ones.

kylejack
nope look at hucks site.... 63k raised this month lol

Hmmm....I think that's about 13K today...this new strategy might actually be increasing his numbers...... I hope not.

gagnonstudio
Why does it sound like a hit piece? (I cant watch it)

Because he's talking about the "interesting" people who donate to Ron Paul...

mavtek

laff

Wow that's surprising he might actually hit his little goal there. Maybe.........

I know we all talk about Dr. Paul running a frugal campaign, but Huckabee is really really frugal! His poll numbers are better than some "top tier" too. I'm impressed in a way.

Jordan
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Is it on yet?

SeanEdwards
10-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I have a feeling that Tucker will mention the military support to Ron Paul, but then talk about the Clown, Slacker, and Strippers that have donated. Trying to make him look like... you guessed it.... a kook.

Well, the teaser said "distinguished contributors". They may have fished out some famous names from the donor list. At least I hope so. ;)

Edit: Ok, my hopes were dashed, but it was still fairly positive coverage. Tucker says "his heart belongs to Ron Paul" at least.

EvilEngineer
10-18-2007, 04:34 PM
not yet, they are talking about a dem in the house lashing out at bush over schip.

kylejack
Because he's talking about the "interesting" people who donate to Ron Paul...

Oh, then he's going to talk about the NY Times piece about Paul's interesting donators. Hopefully he'll spin it as "see, this guy can beat Hillary and has widespread support"

Danny Molina

His latest?

Excllent excellent excellent piece right there. The only bad part of this article/musing is when the neo-cons come in and start calling him a kook.

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Im tired of them saying NEXT when they mean at the end of the show... I am going to start youtubing everything

American
10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
What's he saying?

Hasnt said anything yet but the led in sure sounds like he is going to take the Wall Street Journal hit piece about "Who's contributing to Ron Paul"

Tucker is nothing more then entertainment with little relevance on anything. He is milking the piece now knowing he has a bunch of RP supporters watching. He has talked about Ron Paul 3 times and still hasnt produced anything. Its all about ratings, and I hate to think I am someway contributing to that happy horse shit.

Jordan
10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Im tired of them saying NEXT when they mean at the end of the show... I am going to start youtubing everything

I stopped watching live altogether. What is next always means, next hour. It gets old wading through fillers for the main attraction.

RadioDJforPaul
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
They know Ron Paul fans are watching and waiting...good way to keep us watching his show.

SeanEdwards
10-18-2007, 04:38 PM

The producers of these shows always put the item that attracts viewers at the end of the show.

They know that the words "Ron Paul" are like a magic phrase to conjure viewers.

That's a win for us.

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I totally agree with that statement. I know why they are doing it because Paul has a huge following!

PS they are talking about how McCain is done for...

The producers of these shows always put the item that attracts viewers at the end of the show.

They know that the words "Ron Paul" are like a magic phrase to conjure viewers.

That's a win for us.

MsDoodahs
10-18-2007, 04:40 PM
What did Tucker do while I was away? He appeared on Mahr or someplace and was horrible to us/Dr. Paul?

And the lead in made me think hit piece. Here it is. Yeah, he's making a big deal of it.

werdd
10-18-2007, 04:40 PM
that was kind of gay.

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:41 PM
everyone change the channel now... it was stupid

kylejack
Live updates, please!

gagnonstudio
Tucker is a tool. He only mentions Ron Paul to get ratings. I'm not watching his show anymore. Anyone who thinks Tucker is a real supporter is sadly mistaken. You don't laugh at someone you support.

maxmerkel
10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
what did he say ???

Danny Molina
Wait what happened?

RP4ME
he wants a president with limited ambition yet he doesnt support Paul? Hmmmm

He appreaciteS THOMSPON DUE TO HIS LAZINESS.....

kylejack
he wants a president with limited ambition yet he doesnt support Paul? Hmmmm

Tucker said "I don't support Ron Paul"? Tell us what he said.

werdd
big laughing about his donors, then saying god bless ron paul, and he has more money than mccain, complete crap

gagnonstudio
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
He read a list of supporters occupations: "Tax Slave to the government" "Cheif Slacker" etc.... nothing good.

maxmerkel
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
but he did interview huckabee for 1 hour or what ???

ItsTime
10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I am now boycotting MsNBC for the second time. Last time was for firing Imus... Back on parent control black out for Msnbc woot

steph3n
wasn't bad but not great. using the "slacker in chief" and "tax slave" hit piece

gagnonstudio
but he did interview huckabee for 1 hour or what ???

Yeah he interviewed Huckster for about 10 minutes, and it was a complete love fest.

Danny Molina
This is why people shouldn't be dumbasses.

AgentPaul001
I'm confused, Tucker is actually sort of positive about Ron Paul and the discussion was pretty even handed.

But then Ron Paul says something about the people providing condoms in schools as being Ron Paulers?

.......what?

lx43
"tax slave to the govt" I wish I had put that on my form. i love it lol

MGreen
10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
They weren't laughing at Paul. They were laughing with Paul's supporters. And Buchanan made sure to point out that Paul has more money than McCain, who the other guy said will win New Hampshire.

It would've been nice if it was longer, but it's nothing bad. Really though, Tucker has mentioned Paul enough on his show, I don't see the point in getting excited about it until he has more interviews. Tucker watchers have to be familiar with Paul by now.

jd603
Tucker is on the take. He's down-playing Ron Paul and just said kind words about Fed Thompson. If he's not on the take something else is very wrong. This all started in the last few weeks.

kylejack
wasn't bad but not great. using the "slacker in chief" and "tax slave" hit piece

Oh, so we can expect a bunch of temper tantrums for the rest of the night. Awesome.

RP4ME
Look Tucker is covering Brtiinay spears next - so much for his show being anything but FLUFF.......

shepburn
the more they mention Ron Paul (in lead ins or otherwise) the better!!

It's free advertising folks!!!

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Tucker is on the take. He's down-playing Ron Paul and just said kind words about Fed Thompson. If he's not on the take something else is very wrong. This all started in the last few weeks.
I appreciate that Fred Thompson is lazy. Don't you?

American
10-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh, so we can expect a bunch of temper tantrums for the rest of the night. Awesome.

We could cut that in half if you stop posting. The only thing I see you do here is bitch bitch bitch.

Don't you have a busy intersection you can play in?

The tucker interview wasnt as bad as I thought but it was still marginalized and made fun of. Even Pat Buchanan took part, bunch wimpy wind bags.

NinjaPirate
10-18-2007, 04:57 PM
It wasn't bad. Tucker said something to the effect about not being able to give money to the RP campaign, but he gives Ron Paul his heart. And the other guy, while everyone was laughing said "Thank God for Ron Paul."

kylejack
10-18-2007, 04:58 PM
We could cut that in half if you stop posting. The only thing I see you do here is bitch bitch bitch.

You can check the threads I start. Its not these. We'll see about 9 "ARGH TUCKER!!!!" threads tonight, I suspect.

American
10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
You can check the threads I start. Its not these. We'll see about 9 "ARGH TUCKER!!!!" threads tonight, I suspect.

You mean from other people or threads you're going to start?

Just say NO!

:rolleyes:

They have disabled search I would check "your" threads.

runderwo
10-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Youtube? :o

familydog
10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
I knew the Tucker flaming would start up after I saw the piece. Second mountain out of a molehill thread today.

MsDoodahs
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Quick mention of this...on the bottom of the screen when they were discussing how lavish Thompson is (only eats at the very finest restaurants, only stays at the most expensive hotels, just spent 120K on catering an event, etc)...

they had at the bottom of the screen for contrast that the Ron Paul campaign charged $7.60 at IHOP.

:)

American
10-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I knew the Tucker flaming would start up after I saw the piece. Second mountain out of a molehill thread today.

I wish they would moderate this board a little more, that way you and kylejack and the many other screen names you have would stop fucking posting.

The piece could have been better, especially from the so called libertarian leaning Tucker.

conner_condor
10-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I guess you all missed when tucker said the only Republican that can beat hilderbeast was McCain... WTF Tucker you scmuck...

TheConstitutionLives
10-18-2007, 05:12 PM

The tucker interview wasnt as bad as I thought but it was still marginalized and made fun of. Even Pat Buchanan took part, bunch wimpy wind bags.

Some of you guys are WAY too sensitive. Good grief.

born2drv
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I guess you all missed when tucker said the only Republican that can beat hilderbeast was McCain... WTF Tucker you scmuck...

he was only quoting a survey.... i thought the discussion they had about RP's supporters was entertaining and funny..... not negative at all.... just shows how passionate we as a group are.

McDermit
10-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I didn't think it came across as being very negative. Kinda funny, but not bad.

Some of you overreact a tad.

Blowback
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM
It's amazing to me how quickly everyone is turning on Tucker. Have you forgetten that Tucker was there for us when no one else was? Have you forgotten all of the great Constitutional interviews Tucker has done with RP?

Seriously, even though he is a huge RP fan, he still has to do his job. If that involves a little comedy at RP's expense, no problem because he is still talking about RP!

I didn't see the segment but it doesn't sound too bad.

People need to chill out.

SeanEdwards
10-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Kind words about Fred? I thought he was ripping on Fred for being a lazy big spending loser.

Spirit of '76
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Probably because a bunch of juvenile dorks and weenies keep sending him hatemail every time he mentions Ron Paul without kissing his ass.

No wonder he stopped posting here.

Geronimo
10-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Boycott the MSM.

Starks
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
He's the vertical candidate with the horizontal fund-raising chart.

Love it.

Adamsa
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Tucker posted here?

huchahucha
10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I thought Tucker's segment was very informative, and to me it brings up a good question - are there any consequences for entering smart ass comments for your employment on the donation form?

smtwngrl
10-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Probably because a bunch of juvenile dorks and weenies keep sending him hatemail every time he mentions Ron Paul without kissing his ass.

He used to post here? :confused:

american.swan
10-18-2007, 05:52 PM

laff

LOL hahahahahahaha

smtwngrl
10-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Tucker said his heart belonged to Ron Paul.

Buchanan defended Ron Paul after the donations item.

The other guy said, "Thank God for Ron Paul."

And with the part about Thompson, it did sound like Tucker was pointing to his extravagance.

Someone watching this who didn't know who Ron Paul was would come away with a positive impression.

Edit: The part I thought was curious was when Tucker said that Ron Paul had his heart, he didn't need his money. And he added, "I don't know if we are even allowed to."

Adamsa
10-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Someone watching this who didn't know who Ron Paul was would come away with a positive impression.

Thats what is important.

CasualApathy
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Youtube?

IowaSupport
10-18-2007, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytibfjxGHTA

Found this on the facebook group - for those who saw it, is this all of it?

Sematary
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Found this on the facebook group - for those who saw it, is this all of it?

It is only part of the piece. :(

jointhefightforfreedom
10-18-2007, 06:53 PM

laff

LOL huck oct goal only $200,000

michaelwise
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
I included a little extra bit about Fred Thompson. It's good to know how other candidates just use their donors money to go out and have a good time. Not Ron Paul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o8H_XHg55w

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Nothing sinister with that little piece.

"Slave to Federal Gov." that pretty much covers the majority of Americancs (that actually work for a living).

Johncjackson
10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
This wasn't a hit piece. It was Ron Paul supporters who put the "interesting" occupations. Have a sense of humor. Everyone else does.

Ron Paul supporters have reputations for certain reasons. No one needs to make much effort to "attack." I am still wondering how many people some supporters are going to piss off and runoff by being complete a-holes.

Just because the MSN and people like Giuliana are a-holes, doesn't mean you have to be.

A lot of RP supporters are seriously potraying signs of severe mental illness, delusions of persecution, paranoia,etc. layoff the attacks and conspiracy bullshit, UNLESS you want to HURT Dr. paul.

Danny Molina
10-18-2007, 07:07 PM
video god damnit!

fj45lvr
10-18-2007, 07:22 PM
This wasn't a hit piece. It was Ron Paul supporters who put the "interesting" occupations. Have a sense of humor. Everyone else does.

Ron Paul supporters have reputations for certain reasons. No one needs to make much effort to "attack." I am still wondering how many people some supporters are going to piss off and runoff by being complete a-holes.

Just because the MSN and people like Giuliana are a-holes, doesn't mean you have to be.

A lot of RP supporters are seriously potraying signs of severe mental illness, delusions of persecution, paranoia,etc. layoff the attacks and conspiracy bullshit, UNLESS you want to HURT Dr. paul.

I agree that there is a "sky is falling" attitude around too much ....

HOWEVER ....what about all the changes to the open primaries around the country?? (one example of the fact that there is "conspiring")

A couple of months ago another doctor wrote a letter that said that what Dr. Paul represents is NOTHING SHORT OF A REVOLUTION and that the current "ruling elite" would not simply let it happen as they stand lose a TON.....you damn well better believe they are nervous and conspiring on how to protect their fat bank accounts.

devil21
10-18-2007, 07:34 PM
That wasnt a bad piece at all. It was more light-hearted than a hit piece. Loosen up people. Im sure Ron himself got a chuckle out of some of those "occupations" too.

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 07:35 PM

It's got shades of what happened to Dean when some of the supporters got entirely too out-of-line with attacks and nasty emails, rudeness, etc.

Seriously folks, chill. Be professional. You're an ambassador of this campaign. WWRPD? ;)

JosephTheLibertarian
10-18-2007, 07:39 PM

he's "Tuck" ?

LFOD
10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I saw it live, thought the segment sucked. Came off as "Ron Paul got 5 million, but look at the losers who donated hardeharhar" Not worth making a stink about though, I agree. I thought the bits about Thompson being a big luxury spender was more damaging (to Thompson). Is that guy a dud or what? Nixon could have told us that.

On a positive note, on Hardball earlier, Howard Fineman from Newsweek had a quick blurb where he said "mark my words Ron Paul will be a factor in New Hampshire by the time is this all over" - it looked like he was reporting from New Hampshire so the word is on the street out there - sweet.

Roxi
10-18-2007, 09:42 PM
video god damnit!

um... the You tube was already posted but here it is again :D

hells_unicorn
10-18-2007, 09:58 PM
The piece was fair and actually quite humorous. I plan on going to every youtube of this video and ripping new dairy-airs off of any Tucker haters posting crap, and now for those of you bitching wienies still whining about this being a hit piece, I'm going to state the follow.

Grow the hell up!!! For crying out loud!!! If we lose this election it will likely be because of excitable, knee-jerk reactionary fools like you. I'm tired of all the negativity. GROW UP!!!

misconstrued
10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
I don't see how this is a hit piece. You guys are way too sensitive :) If anything it just made Thompson look bad.

rajibo
10-18-2007, 10:23 PM
$7.90 at IHOP. Unacceptable.

TheIndependent
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
$7.90 at IHOP. Unacceptable.

Rudy Tootie Fresh 'n Fruity. ;)

Sorry, I said "No mocking", but I really had to bust that one out. back to being 100% civil.

LBT
10-18-2007, 10:42 PM
I thought it was a great little discussion.

That wasn't mocking the contributors, it was highlighting that they are passionate about their privacy and enmity of state interference.

I think a big part of Ron's success will be appealing to a wide range of protest voters. People who are not so set on any particular issue, but who just feel disconnected with the establishment politicians.

stones88
10-18-2007, 10:54 PM
i'm disapointed they didn't mention the military contributions but at least it was somewhat funny.