PDA

View Full Version : Bob Marshall backed Ron Paul for president, Pr. William delegate says

Epic
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/10/prince_william_republican_del.html

rince William Del. Bob Marshall (R) voted for Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) in the 2008 presidential primary.

We learned that from Marshall during this week's Virginia Tea Party Convention, where Marshall was visibly working the crowd, trying to harness its energy in support of an amendment to the Virginia Constitution that would prohibit legislators from embedding taxes or fees into the state budget.

Long an irritant to the GOP, Marshall seems intent on once again proving he has no interest in going along to get along with members of his party. And his vote for Paul, a hero to many who associate with the tea party movement, could help. (Paul was greeted with an enthusiasm eclipsed only by that shown for Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli at the weekend convention.)

As convention goers emerged from a panel featuring Cuccinelli and former Sen. George Allen (R) Saturday, they were greeted by Marshall just outside the exhibit hall, handing out glossy brochures emblazoned with the words, "We can win the fight against secret state taxes and fees!"

Baptist
10-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Marshall is good. I was at a district convention in Jan 08 and Marshall's crew was there. They were stoked to find Ron Paul supporters and gave us a nudge/wink that lets us know that Marshall was a fan of Ron Paul.

ChrisKuper
12-13-2010, 04:01 PM
I just got the chance to meet with him the other day, really cool guy. He told me that he was working on a bill that would force VA to recognize gold and silver as legal tender, it has the support of our lovely Att Gen and Gov...I almost peed myself.