PDA

View Full Version : an across the board pay cut for all federal employees and pensions?

cindy25
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
how many would support a 5% or 10% cut?

and I mean all, no exceptions.(except federal judges) military, civilian, janitors, congressmen.

and the only reason federal judges would be exempted is the constitution.

oyarde
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
how many would support a 5% or 10% cut?

and I mean all, no exceptions.(except federal judges) military, civilian, janitors, congressmen.

and the only reason federal judges would be exempted is the constitution.

Anything not in article one section eight , that would mean everything except post office and military sounds like a great place to start. I would want no pension at all for congress and senate.That way most would not stick around and would term limit themselves and return to private sector .

Stary Hickory
10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Not that I dont support it, but it is a moot point with inflation and all. There will be cuts via inflation when the government can no longer pay.

A decrease in pay and pensions is a good idea, but really a drastic downsizing of the workforce is what really is needed.

Dr.3D
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Not that I dont support it, but it is a moot point with inflation and all. There will be cuts via inflation when the government can no longer pay.

A decrease in pay and pensions is a good idea, but really a drastic downsizing of the workforce is what really is needed.

Yeah, by about 80%.

Jcambeis
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
After all government subsidies and special protection to business then I say yes.

TonySutton
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Do you know what the average military retiree makes?