PDA

View Full Version : [Tune in] Ron Paul on MSNBC with Lawrence O'Donnel at 10 PM ET

MRoCkEd
10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Congressman Paul is scheduled to be on MSNBC's The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell tonight. The show begins at 10pm eastern.

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 07:51 PM
stream?

MRoCkEd
10-11-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.streamick.com/index.php Click MSNBC

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.streamick.com/index.php Click MSNBC

there is also http://www.justin.tv/rockinroosters2#/w/458702448/3 which i just found

MRoCkEd
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
This is a total smear piece! Lmao!

Ron Paul - The Father of Extremism

Epic
10-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh man this is a hit piece - O'donnell is trying to trap RP cause RP won't quit and then says this means RP doesn't support term limits.

specsaregood
10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
This is a total smear piece! Lmao!

Ron Paul - The Father of Extremism

Those are the ones that Ron does the best on though. He just laughs at them.

Paulfan05
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
worst hit piece ever!

kpfareal
10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Just tuned in, I can't wait to watch the full You Tube of this!

BamaFanNKy
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
This is a trap piece to hurt Rand.

Ron needs to stay off MSNBC.

Nate-ForLiberty
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
fuck that guy

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 08:19 PM
it didn't work against us. Ron handled it well.

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Lawrence: We'd love to have you back.
Ron Paul: Good luck!

MRoCkEd
Wow. He put Ron on there to try and smear Rand. And then he tried to smear Ron on civil rights.
So stupid.

RonPaulwillWin
How dare that fucking idiot mess with Grandpa Paul. I love how he kinda backed off in the end cause he knew he was getting owned.

Nate-ForLiberty
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
it didn't work against us. Ron handled it well.

he did ok, I wish he'd learn to settle down a bit. He practices restraint really well, but he needs to be calm on the inside, not just outwardly restrained. Getting pissed without showing it causes breaks in speech that don't make any sense. He makes sense to us because we've heard him talk about this stuff so much.

RonPaulwillWin
10-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh shit! Alvine Greene up next, grabbin popcorn!

jkr
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
"government" caused the problems he uses to spport an argument in favor of MORE "government

is that circular logic, cognative disance or a non-sequiter:eek:

Matt Collins
10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Lawrence: We'd love to have you back.
Ron Paul: Good luck!
HA HA HA HA :D:D:D

That's damn hilarious! :p

ClayTrainor
10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
That was a pure hit piece. Ron didn't handle himself as well as he usually does, he seemed a little flustered. :(

Matt Collins
10-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I have a feeling the Paul family might be boycotting BSNBC from here on out. :rolleyes: :mad::):cool:

Epic
10-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Why is Ron on MSNBC????

GTF OFF that network!

RonPaulwillWin
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I'd like to know Alvin Greene's position on private property rights

Epic
10-11-2010, 08:31 PM
They tried to trap him on Civil Rights, he basically just said private property is an absolute and connected it to personal liberties. He said liberty is all one thing, so liberals can't just be for civil liberties and then be against economic liberties and private property.

isrow
10-11-2010, 08:32 PM
HAHA, oh well, no one watches MSNBC. Even if Dr Paul doesn't articulate as well when he gets irate I still like to see he still has some fire left.

Brett85
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Youtube?

BamaFanNKy
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Did I miss Alvin?!?!?!

AJ Antimony
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Tube!

Cynanthrope
10-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh boy. I'm assuming that Paul didn't really expect this kind of smear.

But still, considering how O'Donnell treated Schiff back in 2009 I couldn't say this is surprising.

I can definitely see this as ammunition for the Conway campaign to use as a guilt-by-association smear and as a means of casting the Paul family as racist.

Ron and Rand need to boycott any MSNB$ appearances until after the mid-term elections.

Epic
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Ron Paul speaks more effectively (and uses a lower, more masculine tone) when he does prepared remarks. When he does argumentative live tv, he gets flustered a bit more, and it comes off "whiny".

The actual content of his communication is very good. But his delivery is sub-par in live tv interviews. There's nothing wrong with that - it's fairly standard for old people - but it will hurt him to some extent in the campaign.

Epic
10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Also, RP mentioned several times that he only agreed to come on the show if they wouldn't discuss other candidates. But O'donnell pressed him on Christie, Rand and Conway, thus breaking the agreement.

O'donnell said he didn't know about the agreement.

rp4prez
10-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I thought Ron did a much better job than he has in the past with all things considered (out of context quotes, agreement that was broken, putting words in his mouth, etc).

JK/SEA
10-11-2010, 09:06 PM
My favorite part was when Ron mentioned the 12/16/07 TEAPARTY for HIS campaign...lol..

My man Ron...NEVER dis-appoints...overall...considering the asswipe Larry O'D...good job Ron.

Romulus
10-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Larry is a world class douche... fckk msnbc.

Brett85
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Is there anywhere you can watch this?

jct74
10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39623961

messana
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I have to admit that Ron doesn't really do a good job of speaking under pressure.

Theocrat
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
According to "Democratic Underground," (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9298548) Lawrence O'Donnell destroyed Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
10-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Why in the world would Ron's people have him go on the Lawrence O'Donnell Show? That guy would be a world class prick to his own grandmother -- I mean I really think he has some sort of problem.

At least no one watches MS-NBC as it is, and certainly not a guy who's just a nasty asshole like O'Donnell.

Putting him in his own show was about as brilliant as giving Elliot Spitzer a show.

I haven't even seen the clip and I already know it was retarded.

low preference guy
10-11-2010, 10:10 PM
According to "Democratic Underground," (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9298548) Lawrence O'Donnell destroyed Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

A Democratic Underground poster also wrote:

I am no Ron Paul fan, but that was not an ass kicking. I call them like I see them.

mczerone
10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
"government" caused the problems he uses to spport an argument in favor of MORE "government

is that circular logic, cognative disance or a non-sequiter:eek:

Here's a cheat sheet:

Circular Logic example: Assume govt is good. But there are problems in govt. So gov't, being good, can fix its problems.

Cognitive Dissonance example: "I believe the gov't can solve any problem, but gov't has inherent problems"

Non-sequitur: "There is a problem. The gov't can, should, and will solve it."

I think the most apt descriptor here is: Asshole pushing an agenda, facts be damned.

V4Vendetta
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
HU? That wasn't a bad interview, Paul stuck to his guns and didn't budge! In fact I thought he made Lawrence O'Donnell look like an idiot, he made Ron Paul repeat things over and over, and Lawrence still said he didn't understand, even though a 5 grader could have understood.

Theocrat
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Click here (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3096434/#39623961) for the video of the interview.

Cdn_for_liberty
10-11-2010, 11:10 PM
watched it

not as bad as the Peter Schiff interview, at least Ron got a chance to state the libertarian view clearly about the CRA at the end there.

Flirple
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
YouTube - Behind a New MSNBC Show and the Politics of WITCHES - Plus: Zombie Christ! - The Last Word with ... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA12UZvusd8)

TortoiseDream
10-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Sometimes I wish I could put some words in Ron's mouth at those times just to expose how retarded some people are. That guy was like a 4 year old?

Indy Vidual
10-11-2010, 11:41 PM
...- it's fairly standard for old people...

Seniors really relate well to people who call them "old." :p

aravoth
10-11-2010, 11:41 PM
MSNBC is a rotten shithole

Imperial
10-12-2010, 12:48 AM
If you walk into an interview with Lawrence O'Donnel, expect him to be rude. He continually talked all over Peter Schiff whenever he interviewed him last year, substituting logic for yelling over his opponent.

Actually, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to walk circles around such a guy in an interview. O'Donnel's knows he is so right, it is easy to let him fall on his own sword. But Dr. Paul doesn't play games like that; he came in for an interview, and that is what he tried to give.

Promontorium
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
This is a trap piece to hurt Rand.

Ron needs to stay off MSNBC.

Russia Today covers him to bash America
CNN and MSNBC have had him on to bash Republicans
All the stations have had him on to bash him.

Now it's to bash Rand. Nothing new at all. I've been opposed to him appearing on these programs for years now.

RM918
10-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Go figure. They turn into rabid partisan hounds the MOMENT they can use Ron to their advantage to damage him or Rand. So much for everyone being 'so nice' to him on that station. Fuck corporate media.

Wren
10-12-2010, 02:04 AM
I constantly have to remind myself that it is only the extreme elements of both the left and right that despise Ron Paul. The moderate left and right are drawn to his message in a way that is unique because both philosophies are unified by a principled American statesman with a track record under his belt and it's why he garners the most support from independents like myself.

rp4prez
10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
A Democratic Underground poster also wrote:

Wow there are some morons over there.. did you read those posts? Wow.. they really should read some books and educate themselves a bit before opening their mouths. :D:eek:

paulitics
10-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't think anyone should go on MSNBC unless they have like ZERO name recognition. Ron Paul has enough name recognition that he doesn't need MSNBC anymore. By going on there, it is giving them the ability to shape his viewpoints for him.

AuH20
10-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Hypothetically, I can safely assume Rand would have ripped O'Donnell's head off if he was being interviewed. Ron is far too cordial and lacking killer instinct in such hostile settings.

Jeremy
10-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Hypothetically, I can safely assume Rand would have ripped O'Donnell's head off if he was being interviewed. Ron is far too cordial and lacking killer instinct in such hostile settings.

Yeah just like he did to Maddow.......

BamaAla
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I DVR'd that and watched it when I got up this morning; it really ruined my morning cup of joe. O'Donnell did a pretty masterful job of setting RP up. He stayed nice and calm while Ron was seemingly jumping all over the place. The viewership of MSNBC most likely walked away from that interview with a distaste for Paul. I agree with the posters before me: Ron needs to stay away from MSNBC going forward.

JK/SEA
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Who the hell is advising Ron?..or is Ron too much of a load to be advised to stay out these MSNBC interviews?...Ron must have known deep down that Larry o'd might be setting him up...

oh well...onward and upward...

Theocrat
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I have to say that Congressman Paul did not do a great job in answering Lawrence O'Donnell's questions. Many of the questions that were asked him were straightforward, even quoting him in context, but Dr. Paul seemed to go on tangents in order to explain himself. He did not answer the civil rights question directly, and his response was very similar to Rand Paul's when he was asked that same question by Rachel Maddow. Ron could have answered better on that one.

Even liberal opponents of Congressman Paul could see he struggled through that interview, as one poster on Democratic Underground (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9298548#9298946) notes:

Ron Paul was sooo confusing!

He was asked about term limits, and when asked why his ass was still in the same job since 1970....
Ron Paul changed to ...."it depends"...like wtf is that supposed to even mean?

Than he was asked a question on his stance on the Civil Rights Amendment of 1964, and he answered by bringing up property rights! WTF is that supposed to even mean? That civil rights were less important than property rights....cause one could not tell by listening to him, what he was trying to say....just this little voice that sounded like a stupid person who can't answer a question head on.

Then he was asked about Medicare, and Ron's confusing ass started talking about no foreign wars and what "Obama's" doing.....and how he would "transition to something else 20 to 25 years from now, so we don't have to worry about it now, cause it would be different" type bullshit....and wouldn't even call the President, President.

Ron Paul came off sounding like a little small cartoon character who's only routine is to say...."let me answer the question, ok", although that's exactly what O'Donnel was letting him do.

I will admit that O'Donell had Ron Paul where he wanted him; not making a single fucking lick of sense!

The fact that you think Ron Paul held his own, with his little silly whiny assholy self, tells me more about you than I'd ever want to know.

I'm sorry, but Dr. Paul did not handle that interview well, and he lost his composure. :(

JK/SEA
10-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I have to say that Congressman Paul did not do a great job in answering Lawrence O'Donnell's questions. Many of the questions that were asked him were straightforward, even quoting him in context, but Dr. Paul seemed to go on tangents in order to explain himself. He did not answer the civil rights question directly, and his response was very similar to Rand Paul's when he was asked that same question by Rachel Maddow. Ron could have answered better on that one.

Even liberal opponents of Congressman Paul could see he struggled through that interview, as one poster on Democratic Underground (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9298548#9298946) notes:

I'm sorry, but Dr. Paul did not handle that interview well, and he lost his composure. :(

Yeah...maybe Ron should retire. Looks like i may have to support Palin now...

Bruno
10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah...maybe Ron should retire. Looks like i may have to support Palin now...

um, hopefully that was dripping of sarcasm

teacherone
10-12-2010, 12:54 PM
As always, if he agrees to be interviewed in hostile territory then he needs to prepare better. He is confusing to listen to when flustered even for someone who has been listening to him for years.

That said, the interview started great and he held is own until the last 5 minutes. He and his son need some way to answer the "states rights= racism and slavery" false equation in under 45 seconds or less.

devil21
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
As always, if he agrees to be interviewed in hostile territory then he needs to prepare better. He is confusing to listen to when flustered even for someone who has been listening to him for years.

He obviously went into the interview expecting one line of questioning and got something completely different. Hence all the "agreement" chastizing. It's hard to prepare for an ambush, especially when you're used to pretty good treatment and fair interviews like Ron usually gets on MSNBC. I have no doubt that Ron was told one thing to get him on and then LOD's questions were entirely opposite of that and an unexpected attack. It's easier when you know you're going to be smeared...

That said, the interview started great and he held is own until the last 5 minutes. He and his son need some way to answer the "states rights= racism and slavery" false equation in under 45 seconds or less.

I admit that it's hard to convince people who, by-and-large, believe that the government "gives" you your rights that YOUR rights to property are no more or less important than someone else's rights to not be racially harrassed. They have done a great job skewing the history of the Civil Rights movement to the point that most people have no clue what really went on.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Yes, they do.