PDA

View Full Version : Obama Goes Racist: Republicans Counting On Blacks Staying Home

FrankRep
10-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Obama: Republicans Counting On Blacks Staying Home

"They're counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home," President Obama said at a rally in Philadelphia.

YouTube - Obama: Republicans Are 'Counting On Black Folks Staying Home' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgMnZIafeE)

Black Republicans disagree...

Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference

YouTube - Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference 8 4 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizNwzKo3n8)

BlackTerrel
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah I don't really think that's racist.

Philhelm
10-12-2010, 02:06 AM

I would agree that it technically isn't a racist statement, but it is fostering racial divide, and such statements cause more harm than good.

cindy25
10-12-2010, 02:19 AM
just a fact; blacks vote for the Democrat, of course Republicans want them to stay home. just as Democrats hope Mormons and Cuban Americans stay home

Philhelm
10-12-2010, 02:27 AM
just a fact; blacks vote for the Democrat, of course Republicans want them to stay home. just as Democrats hope Mormons and Cuban Americans stay home

Well, that is true. However, I think it's apparent that it's also mentioned in order to promote the racist Republican stereotype. If one thing is clear, racism is one of the main accusations used against Obama's critics (nevermind the fact that roughly half the nation would oppose him if he were white), and he covertly wishes to capitalize on that.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-12-2010, 02:39 AM
This thread reminds me of a recent thread about a politician named Coons.

FrankRep
10-12-2010, 07:58 AM
1.) Obama is playing the Race Card to Exploit Racial Tensions.
2.) Obama acts as if Republicans Hate Black People.
3.) Obama acts as if Black People Only Vote Democrat.

How is this not racist?

robertwerden
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
I know for a fact that the base of the republican party who are black did not switch sides to vote for Obama. The number of black voters who voted republican in the 2008 election was similar to the number of black voters who normally vote republican.

The black vote in 2008 on the democrat side increased because Obama's campaign energized them to vote through his strong community organization partnerships in the cities.

This mid term election has not energized the democrat black vote as much simply because Obama is already president, and the black vote he got before was based on the assumption Obama could change the country, when infact it is clearly the congress who Obama should have been pushing. For the entire base of Obama regardless of race, they were so misinformed about how Washington works, they will simply stay home this election season because they feel they have already accomplished the goal Obama set out for them by getting him in the Oval office.

That is why Obama is a poor leader. His ego is what destroyed his chances of maintaining power in 2010 and also in 2012.

paulitics
10-12-2010, 08:33 AM

True, but imagine if Rand Paul got up and said Obama is hoping all you white people stay home on election day. White people coming out to vote will ensure my victory.

hillbilly123069
10-12-2010, 08:57 AM
Barry sounds desperate.

Bruno
10-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Well all else fails, pull out the race card.

bruce leeroy
10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Americans in general LOVE outlaws and HATE "da man"
black americans in general love outlaws way more and hate "da man" even worse than other american demographic's
sorry barry-ho
you da man now

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM

The problem with literary history, a scheme developed by sophists, is that the subject of history is determined by the art of literature. In the art of literature, the story is created by developing a protagonist main character and the opposing antagonist character to him, her, or it.
An example of sophisticated history is World War 2. Rather than present that major event as one perpetuated by hundreds and thousands of tyrants, it is reduced down to Hitler and the NAZI.
Similarly, your usage of the R word shows how naive and shallow you are. There is another way to study history which requires uphill philosophical thinking on your part. This type of advanced study requires one to reduce terms down to that which is crucial, to that which is self-evident and unalienable, and ultimately to that which is bipartisan.
In all things American, history should be reduced down to our Founding Fathers, to the formal decree divorcing the American people out from under tyranny, with this being The Declaration of Independence, and to the formal decree marrying us to a more perfect government, with this being The U.S. Constitution.
Any other teaching outside of this primary focus should be considered part of tyranny as its primary effect is to deceive and usurp the American people from their American Civil Purpose.

puppetmaster
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM

How is this not racist?

+1

zade
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't think it's racist. Black people DO vote mostly Democrat, it's not racist to point that out, so the president's statement was stastically accurate. Why are some of the same people who object to the tea party being called racist the ones who flip that term for their own use when they get the chance?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Of course it's not racist. It's so funny how the same people who get up in arms about "race baiting" when a democrat or liberal calls Tea Parties racist are the same people who will do just the same when they get the chance to turn it the other way.

Once again, the problem with literary history, a scheme developed by sophists, is that the subject of history is determined by the art of literature. In the art of literature, the story is created by developing a protagonist main character and the opposing antagonist character to him, her, or it.
An example of sophisticated history is World War 2. Rather than present that major event as one perpetuated by hundreds and thousands of tyrants, it is reduced down to Hitler and the NAZI.
Similarly, your usage of the R word shows how naive and shallow you are. There is another way to study history which requires uphill philosophical thinking on your part. This type of advanced study requires one to reduce terms down to that which is crucial, to that which is self-evident and unalienable, and ultimately to that which is bipartisan.
In all things American, history should be reduced down to our Founding Fathers, to the formal decree divorcing the American people out from under tyranny, with this being The Declaration of Independence, and to the formal decree marrying us to a more perfect government, with this being The U.S. Constitution.
Any other teaching outside of this primary focus should be considered part of tyranny as its primary effect is to deceive and usurp the American people from their American Civil Purpose.

zade
10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Once again, the problem with literary history, a scheme developed by sophists, is that the subject of history is determined by the art of literature. In the art of literature, the story is created by developing a protagonist main character and the opposing antagonist character to him, her, or it.

I don't think I understand your purpose. You say history is more complicated than it's made out to be, and then you say "In all things American, history should be reduced down to our Founding Fathers, to the formal decree divorcing the American people out from under tyranny" which is very simplistic historical thinking.

You criticize me for "using the R word," and somehow have decided about my personality traits based on it. I wasn't the one who first used it here, would you criticize FrankRep for bringing up that word?

puppetmaster
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't think it's racist. Black people DO vote mostly Democrat, it's not racist to point that out, so the president's statement was stastically accurate. Why are some of the same people who object to the tea party being called racist the ones who flip that term for their own use when they get the chance?

Definition of RACISM

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
: racial prejudice or discrimination

Definition of PREJUDICE

: injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims
a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge

I think it is a racist statement.....I don't think that racism is necessarily a bad thing. As long as we have eyes, we will notice differences between races. no big deal as long as laws don't support one color or type over another.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't think I understand your purpose. You say history is more complicated than it's made out to be, and then you say "In all things American, history should be reduced down to our Founding Fathers, to the formal decree divorcing the American people out from under tyranny" which is very simplistic historical thinking.

You criticize me for "using the R word," and somehow have decided about my personality traits based on it. I wasn't the one who first used it here, would you criticize FrankRep for bringing up that word?

The word racist shouldn't be used just like the word ****** and slave shouldn't be used. The word slave isn't any less derogatory than the word ******. Believe it or not, it originated from the word "Slav." Of all the people persecuted in history, none have suffered more than the uncomely Slavic people.
See, although we shouldn't ever use these negative terms, we shouldn't be disallowed from using them either.
We need this Freedom of the Press so we can describe exactly what tyranny is up to when they throw us into jail for contempt of court (no reason at all). When the public becomes aware of the butt fucking that goes on in such places, tyranny is less likely to persecute individuals by this method.
Oddly, we should only use terms like racist, ******, and slave when expressing our hatred towards another. The idea of using them in scientific, intelligent conversation makes baboons of us all.

Simplistic?
In regards to the self evident and unalienable truths, one needs no explanation, whether complex or simple, because such is perceived in our collective American conscience. This is quite convenient for me as I don't have to condescend to give you an answer as you already percieve it as an American.

Fredom101
10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Obama did a bad thing here. Is it racist? Probably not in itself but the overall impact of statements like that helps to create racial tension and divide us.
I wish people would see that libertarians are far less likely to be racists than democrats. Racism is collectivism and libertarians are anti-collectivist. The more freedom we have the fewer racial issues we would have. Obama is stoking the fires of racism/classism for sure, and his comments definitely further divide people rather than bringing them together.

AuH20
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Republicans are counting on black folk to stay home & dine on their fried chicken and drink copious amounts of grape soda!! Imagine if Obama said that!! :D That would be r---acist.

YouTube - Harold and Kumar Funny Grape Soda Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsznX8-hL0o)

Stary Hickory
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
It is racism, and it is the same racist ploy that the left has been using for years. Here we have a man who is not concentrating on issues but the superficial color of skin. His words are meant to incite racial hatred, which is then used as a political tool to attack an opponent who is not racist...who cannot be racist because we are talking about an organization.

To be sure the government should be devoid of all references to race. There should be no laws that reference race at all. You need only one reference to race in the entire law system, and that is the fact that skin tone is irrelevant for all intents and purposes and that all humans are equal in status under all laws.

What Obama is doing is trying to use the idea of racism to get a political result. It is a racist as you can be. He seeks political profit by inciting racist hatred.

I have long since lost any tolerance for this sort of behavior. It has hurt this country terribly.

Imaginos
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Barry sounds desperate.
Bingo.
He's in trouble and he knows it.

BlackTerrel
10-12-2010, 09:00 PM

How is this not racist?

If a Republican said "Democrats hoped Mormoms and the elderly would stay home" would that be exploiting the religion card or the age card?

Bruno
10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
If a Republican said "Democrats hoped Mormoms and the elderly would stay home" would that be exploiting the religion card or the age card?

Yes. You're getting it now.

Theocrat
10-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Obama: Republicans Counting On Blacks Staying Home

"They're counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home," President Obama said at a rally in Philadelphia.

YouTube - Obama: Republicans Are 'Counting On Black Folks Staying Home' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vgMnZIafeE)

Black Republicans disagree...

Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference

YouTube - Reporters vs. Conservative Black Leaders at Press Conference 8 4 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizNwzKo3n8)

In all fairness, Obama also said Republicans were counting on young people and union members staying home, too. However, I do agree with you that his comment about Blacks staying home implies that Blacks do not vote Republican. That is racist, on his part.