PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews Thinks Jeb Bush Will Run for President in 2012

Agorism
10-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Chris Matthews Thinks Jeb Bush Will Run for President in 2012 (http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/chris-matthews-thinks-jeb-bush-will-r)

Who is excited?

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/jeb.jpg

erowe1
10-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I think he would probably be the instant favorite if he did.

Brian4Liberty
10-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Yeah, the establishment on both "sides" has been pushing Jeb...

Agorism
10-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I think giant red bumper stickers that say JEB! could be something that would really go viral among the masses if he did.

Sola_Fide
10-10-2010, 02:12 PM
The Tea Parties won't accept him.

I think...:(

erowe1
10-10-2010, 02:17 PM
The Tea Parties won't accept him.

I think...:(

I think they'll accept him. Even when GW first ran, I remember hearing the motif that Jeb was the more conservative of the two. Rubio is looked at as a protege of Jeb. The Bushes have a lot of allies among figures who (rightly or wrongly) are looked at as representing the conservative wing of the party, in addition to their huge base of support among the establishment. I've also been hearing more and more occasions lately of revisionism of the Bush years where the old Tea Party line that he led the way when the party "went astray" to him being a really great fiscal conservative up until 2006, when he was overwhelmed by the Democrat controlled Congress.

Plus, it's still the case that in most of the country tea party = GOP.

Fredom101
10-10-2010, 02:24 PM
How quickly people forget about Bush.
This is the sad thing about politics. Things always get worse, and as bad as the previous guy was, he looks good compared to the current guy, so people will vote for some other douche, fooled into thinking things will improve because "it can't be any worse!". And the race to the bottom continues.

ClayTrainor
10-10-2010, 02:43 PM
If he runs, I'd be willing to bet that he will win.

Flash
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Me too. And he'll choose Romney as a running mate.

Another reason for Ron Paul to drop out halfway through the race and run as an Indie/third party.

Agorism
10-10-2010, 02:47 PM
The counter convention was really effective. I think that again.

Maximus
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Jeez

Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Bush?

:/

Flash
10-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Jeez

Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Bush?

:/

Time for a secessionist movement to emerge.

EndDaFed
10-10-2010, 04:47 PM
If this country elects another criminal Bush to the White House America is the dumbest nation on the planet.

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Jeb is a lot better than his brother..... then again, W sounded pretty good when he ran for office too:

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

rich34
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
This would be horrible. The Bush family has done enough harm to our country we can't afford another one..

I still say Ron's early numbers are looking good. Last time around he wasn't even being polled at this time. Now he's starting off in the top 5 with enough name recognition that people are going to at least listen to him this time and hopefully we can help spread the message and win this baby. There ain't no quit in me!

Matthew Zak
10-10-2010, 06:48 PM
This would be horrible. The Bush family has done enough harm to our country we can't afford another one..

I still say Ron's early numbers are looking good. Last time around he wasn't even being polled at this time. Now he's starting off in the top 5 with enough name recognition that people are going to at least listen to him this time and hopefully we can help spread the message and win this baby. There ain't no quit in me!

I think you're a little too optimistic. I don't think his numbers will improve very much on the republican ticket. The only way I think Ron (or any candidate like him) has a chance of making a big difference or getting elected is if things unfold in a more interesting fashion. I think Ron needs to be a lot more critical of the GOP. And I think he needs to say on his website, in every speech, and during every debate, that he is disappointed the GOP didn't learn from it's mistakes, that it is going to cost them the election, and while he hopes to win, he felt obligated to bring their erroneous policies to national television where the middle class gets to hear something other than the GOP rhetoric and propaganda. Last time he tried to include himself as a GOP and was very delicate when criticizing them. This time he should stick out from the "crowd" in a way that even your average american remembers him from he beginning. And then... JUMP SHIP. Bring those viewers with him. Run as a Libertarian. Glen Beck will support him (he'll have to, or lose his credibility as a Libertarian). He will then control the outcome of the election. The GOP will try to tell him he just gave the election to the democrats which will stir up some controversy, and bring even more attention to what he has been saying. Ron can then tell the GOP on national television that the GOP gave the election to the democrats because it forced him to stand up against them -- and then tell them that they should support him instead because he will attract more mods and democrats than any run-of-the-mill GOP member can. He should tell the GOP if they are serious about unseating Obama, they HAVE to support him.

Even if it doesn't get him elected, I think the movement needs that kind of strength and ambition.

squarepusher
10-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Bush's name is trashed now, Jeb couldn't get 5% vote

HOLLYWOOD
10-10-2010, 06:52 PM
People will not put another Bush in the White House this generation... Dubya W has sought to that.

Chris Mathews and BSNBC knows this... they will patronize anyone on the right that would have difficulty winning against the Marxist Left.

Another ploy of MSM Public Relations Firms of the political parties.

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
You would be surprised what some repackaging and good marketing can do :(

Here is the question that will be asked:
"Were you better off under Bush or Obama"?
and/or
"Do you feel safer under Bush or Obama"?

cindy25
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Jeb vs Hillary in 2012?

Sola_Fide
10-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Jeb is a lot better than his brother..... then again, W sounded pretty good when he ran for office too:

YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc)

Wow....just wow...

I almost just agreed with George Bush on something...

erowe1
10-10-2010, 07:23 PM

If only that were so.

HOLLYWOOD
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Jeb vs Hillary in 2012?

Obama and Hillary vs. whatever

You know Biden is out... Obama will need the 92% black Vote, but more importantly, Hillary will pull 60+% of the female votes, and is backed by Big Government Unions, which they have expanded the Federal employment count by 500,000 so far... it's all biases of voters in demographics and Marxist Left knows what to do, to win again.

trey4sports
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
This country needs a R3VOLUTION, and nothing short of one will do

cindy25
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Obama and Hillary vs. whatever

You know Biden is out... Obama will need the 92% black Vote, but more importantly, Hillary will pull 60+% of the female votes, and is backed by Big Government Unions, which they have expanded the Federal employment count by 500,000 so far... it's all biases of voters in demographics and Marxist Left knows what to do, to win again.

I don't think Obama will be re-nominated; either Hillary wins in primaries, or he retires for health/personal reasons.

TNforPaul45
10-10-2010, 08:28 PM
God, please please help us if this man decides to run...

anaconda
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Aren't enough people starting to wake up to this nonsense? I say they are. And Jeb will not even come close to the nomination. He will get his ass handed to him.

anaconda
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I don't think Obama will be re-nominated; either Hillary wins in primaries, or he retires for health/personal reasons.

I think it's possible that Obama pulls an LBJ "for the good of the party and the country." "I, Barry Soetoro, will not accept your nomination for a second term as your president." Would be no surprise at all to me.

anaconda
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM

I agree with this. I think enough people are waking up to this silliness that Jeb would do rather poorly. Fool me once, shame on...???...you?...About 7% of the Republican primary vote max before dropping out. The anti government mentality will crush anyone associated with the last two administrations.

Kregisen
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Polls that I've seen have had Jeb at double digits and rivaling every other candidate.

All Ron Paul supporters better hope and pray Jeb runs....one more huge candidate to split the vote with Romney, Gingrich, Huckabee, and maybe even Palin.

Though I have to admit....the only way Ron can win this thing is if he gets the backing from the tea-party, and that won't happen if Palin runs....

Agorism
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
True. Jeb and Pence and a bunch of people to excite the Bush-league supporters.

The more candidates, the better since they are all the same anyway because a crowded primary is better.

anaconda
10-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Polls that I've seen have had Jeb at double digits and rivaling every other candidate.

All Ron Paul supporters better hope and pray Jeb runs....one more huge candidate to split the vote with Romney, Gingrich, Huckabee, and maybe even Palin.

Though I have to admit....the only way Ron can win this thing is if he gets the backing from the tea-party, and that won't happen if Palin runs....

Wait a minute. There are two wings of the Tea Party. Ron owns one of them outright.

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Aren't enough people starting to wake up to this nonsense? I say they are. And Jeb will not even come close to the nomination. He will get his ass handed to him.You don't know what you are talking about here. :rolleyes:

specsaregood
10-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I think giant red bumper stickers that say JEB! could be something that would really go viral among the masses if he did.

Maybe we need to get ahead of them, with our own Big Red RON! stickers.

Kregisen
10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Wait a minute. There are two wings of the Tea Party. Ron owns one of them outright.

The libertarian wing is much, much smaller....hence why every news station puts Palin as the tea-party "leader".

It's basically social conservatives. The only difference between the tea party and the GOP as a whole is bailouts, and even that isn't much of a difference, as someone else mentioned, Palin supported.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination, I don't want a republican winning.....the tea parties will end and everything will go back to normal. I want these tea parties to continue so we have more time to change them.

cindy25
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
The libertarian wing is much, much smaller....hence why every news station puts Palin as the tea-party "leader".

It's basically social conservatives. The only difference between the tea party and the GOP as a whole is bailouts, and even that isn't much of a difference, as someone else mentioned, Palin supported.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination, I don't want a republican winning.....the tea parties will end and everything will go back to normal. I want these tea parties to continue so we have more time to change them.

Palin had to support the bailout, as part of McCain's ticket.

The tea party has become just a wing of the Republicans, and while its better to have a Republican congress to stop Obama, a Republican congress with another Bush, or Palin, or Pence would be a neo-con dream.

more war, more empire. and you can't change most of them;

silentshout
10-11-2010, 12:37 AM
If this country elects another criminal Bush to the White House America is the dumbest nation on the planet.

^.

Marenco
10-11-2010, 12:42 AM

It could actually happen. The masses are easily deceived.

cindy25
10-11-2010, 01:11 AM
dumb but not dumbest; the Germans elected Hitler, the Venez elected Chavez 3 times, the Thais elected Thaksin several times, and the Singaporeans have elected the Lee dynasty for 61 years and counting.

devil21
10-11-2010, 01:37 AM
dumb but not dumbest; the Germans elected Hitler, the Venez elected Chavez 3 times, the Thais elected Thaksin several times, and the Singaporeans have elected the Lee dynasty for 61 years and counting.

Did those people have anyone really running against them though? Or was it one of those "99% voted for xxx" sort of things?

On topic: I don't think Jeb is truly viable but I never underestimate the ignorance of the masses. Just shoot me now if we're going to get another Bush in the Oval Office. At that point I'd probably have to consider leaving the country.

anaconda
10-11-2010, 03:40 AM
You don't know what you are talking about here. :rolleyes:

What is your prediction on Jeb's per cent of the primary vote? I've given mine.

Stary Hickory
10-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Jeb Bush is unelectable. The Bush name is toilet paper...and it really should be. "Compassionate conservatism" turned out to be progressivism and it seems the Bushies also have a fetish for blowing the living shit out of the Middle East.

I think we have had enough.

lynnf
10-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Jeb Bush is unelectable. The Bush name is toilet paper...and it really should be. "Compassionate conservatism" turned out to be progressivism and it seems the Bushies also have a fetish for blowing the living shit out of the Middle East.

I think we have had enough.

never underestimate the electorate's gullability to fall for the same old stuff, all over again.

lynn

cindy25
10-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Did those people have anyone really running against them though? Or was it one of those "99% voted for xxx" sort of things?

On topic: I don't think Jeb is truly viable but I never underestimate the ignorance of the masses. Just shoot me now if we're going to get another Bush in the Oval Office. At that point I'd probably have to consider leaving the country.

they all had viable choices in the beginning.

Bush has name recall. important in a crowded field, and the sheeple are cheering Chaney. the GOP base is dumb, just not dumbest.

Matt Collins
10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
It's impossible to know, but I guarantee you that he's a viable candidate. First off he's NOT his brother. In terms of marketing, Jeb is to W as Rand is to Ron. Jeb is a much better speaker and comes across as a much more practical down to earth sort of guy.

That being said, see my previous post in this thread about how Jeb would be marketed. If you think he can't win, then you are naive.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 09:47 AM

It depends on how many other major candidates there are. The winners of Iowa and New Hampshire may only get 25% in each of them. Jeb could win both. And if not, he'd still probably be favored to come out on top of the field after not very many contests. He's someone that the other major candidates would have no trouble dropping out to endorse. And once that happened he'd run away with 90% in all the remaining primaries.

All those people saying the Bush name is too tainted remind me of all the times in 2008 I heard the line that the Republican party was finished and the Democrats had attained a permanent majority.

Also, notice that the winner of the GOP nomination is almost always the candidate who starts the race with the most establishment endorsements. They pick someone, decide it's his turn, and work to make sure it works out. In 2007, that candidate was McCain, and he had been the presumed favorite ever since 2000. The advantage he got from this was enough to overcome his campaign practically collapsing and going broke in early 2008 to come back and win the nomination despite being hated by the conservative base. If Jeb decided to run in 2012, I think he'd be that candidate.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 09:54 AM

That's true. Ron owns the Ron Paul wing of the tea party. Jeb would do really well with the other 90%.

AuH20
10-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Jeb loves illegals even more than his brother. His candidacy is DOA, besides carrying that burdensome name.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Jeb loves illegals even more than his brother.

So does McCain. Things worked out for him.

And people are seriously overestimating the baggage associated with the Bush name. This billboard sums up the sentiments of the bulk of the GOP, including tea partiers.
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/02/miss-me-yet-billboard.jpg

AuH20
10-11-2010, 10:07 AM
So does McCain. Things worked out for him.

And people are seriously overestimating the baggage associated with the Bush name. This billboard sums up the sentiments of the bulk of the GOP, including tea partiers.
http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/02/miss-me-yet-billboard.jpg

A quarter of loyal republicans either abstained, voted third party, or voted for Obama in the 2008 presidential election. McCain was a pariah and that's why he got crushed. Bush is viewed in the same vein as McCain. There is a major schism in the GOP regarding the legacy and motives of the Bush Administration. They'll never go back there. The Bush people have lost control of the GOP for the better.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 10:20 AM
A quarter of loyal republicans either abstained, voted third party, or voted for Obama in the 2008 presidential election. McCain was a pariah and that's why he got crushed. Bush is viewed in the same vein as McCain. There is a major schism in the GOP regarding the legacy and motives of the Bush Administration. They'll never go back there. The Bush people have lost control of the GOP for the better.

McCain still got the nomination.

If you think the Bush people lost control, then who do you think has it? All the people I see who control the GOP are the same ones who controlled it a few years ago.

AuH20
10-11-2010, 10:35 AM

If you think the Bush people lost control, then who do you think has it? All the people I see who control the GOP are the same ones who controlled it a few years ago.

They don't own the voters. They've been getting their asses kicked in primaries all over the nation. Murkowski got kicked out on her ass. Bennett got disposed. Grayson was destroyed. Lowden was another one who was given the heave-ho. Mike Castle was dumped in an act of self-mutilation. Post-november you're going to see even more friction, when the grassroots finally realize that Cantor and McConnell will slit their throats to maintain the status quo. Right now with the economy on life support, it's the perfect storm to keep hammering the old guard in the GOP. The rebellion is not going away. +10% unemployment isn't leaving anytime soon. Increased fees and taxes aren't going away. The rigid command and control economy will continue to siphon our GDP away. They're screwed if they can't turn back clock and hypnotize their angry base with jobs and stable income. I for one love it. Both parties are inexorably mired in a situation which they cannot escape and the magnifying glass is firmly fixed on their every move.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 10:50 AM
They don't own the voters. They've been getting their asses kicked in primaries all over the nation. Murkowski got kicked out on her ass. Bennett got disposed. Grayson was destroyed. Lowden was another one who was given the heave-ho. Mike Castle was dumped in an act of self-mutilation.
That's 5 examples. You could probably add a few others. But overall, the establishment has won more than they've lost. They didn't own the voters in any of the past GOP presidential primaries either, but they still had their way with them almost every time.

Post-november you're going to see even more friction, when the grassroots finally realize that Cantor and McConnell will slit their throats to maintain the status quo.

I agree. That's when you'll see that the bulk of the tea parties will side with Cantor and McConnell, and the serious ones who don't go along will be marginalized. The tea parties that you see protesting the Republican Congress will be as frequent, as energetic, as populous, and as well-covered in the media as the anti-war protests have been ever since Obama was elected.

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Chris Matthews truly likes Jeb. He is the ultimate establishment candidate. If they can get Jeb on the GOP ticket, they will be in another win/win situation. They won't care who wins (Dem or GOP). It's all about controlling the Primaries, and that's what they are trying to do. Andrea Mitchell was absolutely giddy when they talked about Jeb. Don't doubt for a second that they will use all of their power and control to push Jeb in 2012.

Just look at 2010. They can't stop talking (negatively) about the "Tea Party" candidates. What "Tea Party" really means is candidates that they didn't want got through the Primary. The game is rigged at the Primary level.

AuH20
10-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I agree. That's when you'll see that the bulk of the tea parties will side with Cantor and McConnell, and the serious ones who don't go along will be marginalized. The tea parties that you see protesting the Republican Congress will be as frequent, as energetic, as populous, and as well-covered in the media as the anti-war protests have been ever since Obama was elected.

It all depends on the economy. The dissent will dissipate with a return to normal employment. If not , the GOP is in for a very difficult ride. The voters are watching them with a very suspicious eye, thanks to the TARP shenanigans and the failed Amnesty shove-down. Bad blood has been brewing at least for 5 to 6 years. This didn't happen overnight. You could say that the best thing that ever happened to us, is when the Bush/McCain wing pushed the envelope in such an outrageous fashion, that it resulted in a fierce push-back. Unfortunately, Palin has taken up the mantle as the supposed leader of this pushback, but even her grip on this unpredictable mob is fleeting at best.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 11:06 AM
It all depends on the economy. The dissent will dissipate with a return to normal employment. If not , the GOP is in for a very difficult ride. The voters are watching them with a very suspicious eye, thanks to the TARP shenanigans and the failed Amnesty shove-down. Bad blood has been brewing at least for 5 to 6 years. This didn't happen overnight. You could say the best thing that ever happened to us, is that Bush/McCain wing pushed the envelope in such an outrageous fashion, that it resulted in a fierce push-back. Unfortunately, Palin has taken up the mantle as the supposed leader of this pushback, but even her grip on this unpredictable mob is fleeting at best.

But it's really not just 5-6 years. It's a recurring pattern in the GOP going all the way back to the Mugwumps who bucked their party to back Grover Cleveland. The small government anti-establishment Republicans in 2012 will be in the same position as Buchanan in '92, Reagan in '76, Goldwater in '64, and Taft in '40, 48', and '52. The establishment won all but one of those races (and barely lost that one), and that's not counting every other election when the anti-establishment wing didn't even get close.

Stary Hickory
10-11-2010, 11:10 AM
But it's really not just 5-6 years. It's a recurring pattern in the GOP going all the way back to the Mugwumps who bucked their party to back Grover Cleveland. The small government anti-establishment Republicans in 2012 will be in the same position as Buchanan in '92, Reagan in '76, Goldwater in '64, and Taft in '40, 48', and '52. The establishment won all but one of those races (and barely lost that one), and that's not counting every other election when the anti-establishment wing didn't even get close.

Well to expect that change will ever come from the government is the first mistake. Change will have to come from the bottom up no matter who is POTUS(and this includes Ron Paul). The states need to step up and put an end to this and the people have to step individually and in groups to make sure this is ended.

I think the sooner the American people realize that the government is broken and cannot be repaired from the inside the better. Jeb Bush has no chance in hell of being elected POTUS.

AuH20
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM

Personally, I think the presidency is a pipe dream, given how unfair the media is to the small government message. We have to keep an eye at the local level and work our way up to the HoR and U.S. Senate. I really think that in an extended economic lull, we can make enormous strides in securing seats which were considered a fantasy 15 to 20 years ago.

DamianTV
10-11-2010, 11:22 AM

McCain got the nomination because he was shoved down our throats. Really, if it were Ron Paul up against McCain, I swear that SOME people on this very forum would vote for McCain in a fucking heartbeat.

Jeb Bush, more of the same BS.

What "Tea Party" really means is candidates that they didn't want got through the Primary. The game is rigged at the Primary level.

This.

And Chris Matthews is a fucking asshole.

Stary Hickory
10-11-2010, 11:23 AM
McCain got the nomination because he was shoved down our throats. Really, if it were Ron Paul up against McCain, I swear that SOME people on this very forum would vote for McCain in a fucking heartbeat.

Jeb Bush, more of the same BS.

I can't think of one person who would here...well maybe one.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 11:28 AM
McCain got the nomination because he was shoved down our throats.

Looks like you agree with me. But I can't tell.

Liberty_Mike
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
How quickly people forget about Bush.
This is the sad thing about politics. Things always get worse, and as bad as the previous guy was, he looks good compared to the current guy, so people will vote for some other douche, fooled into thinking things will improve because "it can't be any worse!". And the race to the bottom continues.

THIS! How on Earth could anyone on these forums support another Bush in the White House?? Looks like Obama really is worse than we all thought if Jeb Bush is rallying support around these forums.

Liberty_Mike
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM

Wow, did Bush really support such principals when he was running for office for the first time? If so, this is proof of how quickly the war profiteers, banks, corporations, lobbyists can take over politicians once elected.

erowe1
10-11-2010, 11:48 AM
THIS! How on Earth could anyone on these forums support another Bush in the White House??

Who on this forum supports another Bush in the White House?

TC95
10-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Wow, did Bush really support such principals when he was running for office for the first time? If so, this is proof of how quickly the war profiteers, banks, corporations, lobbyists can take over politicians once elected.

Nah. He was just lying to get elected. They all do it.

Romulus
10-11-2010, 11:59 AM
nah. He was just lying to get elected. They all do it.

yep.

TC95
10-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Aaah, yes. Wouldn't it be awesome if we had another Bush to lead us into the New World Order?

YouTube - New World Order (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9Syi12RJo)

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2010, 12:18 PM

Uhh...

Nah. He was just lying to get elected. They all do it.

What he said...

TC95
10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Uhh...

What he she said...

Fixed it for ya. :)

anaconda
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
It's impossible to know, but I guarantee you that he's a viable candidate. First off he's NOT his brother. In terms of marketing, Jeb is to W as Rand is to Ron. Jeb is a much better speaker and comes across as a much more practical down to earth sort of guy.

That being said, see my previous post in this thread about how Jeb would be marketed. If you think he can't win, then you are naive.

Still looking for that primary percentage prediction from you.

anaconda
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Still looking for that primary percentage prediction from you. Nationwide average for all states.:)

anaconda
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
You would be surprised what some repackaging and good marketing can do :(

Here is the question that will be asked:
"Were you better off under Bush or Obama"?
and/or
"Do you feel safer under Bush or Obama"?

The "both parties are to blame" mantra is gaining momentum and will rule the day in 2012. 2012 will require fresh new faces to dupe the people.

Brian4Liberty
10-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Fixed it for ya. :)

My bad! TC95 is so non-gender specific... ;)

erowe1
10-11-2010, 01:00 PM
The "both parties are to blame" mantra is gaining momentum and will rule the day in 2012. 2012 will require fresh new faces to dupe the people.

"This election it will be different."

"This election will be our last chance. It's now or never."

"The voters will never make that mistake again."

"That political party will now be a permanent minority."

"This election will be the one where the youth vote finally makes the difference."

I hear all those things every election. So far they've never turned out to be true. Also, if there's a mantra that's gaining momentum now, then that mantra will already be forgotten by 2012. Things change much faster than that in politics.

Matt Collins
10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Still looking for that primary percentage prediction from you.
There is no way to know that.

The "both parties are to blame" mantra is gaining momentum and will rule the day in 2012. 2012 will require fresh new faces to dupe the people.Hopefully, but don't underestimate the stupidity of partisanship.