PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks Ron Paul Should Announce Before 2011?

RonPaulFanInGA
10-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Ron Paul formed his exploratory committee for his 2008 run in January 2007. The equivalent for 2012 would be January 2011.

But to me, I can see no reason why Paul should wait the extra 1.5 months instead of announcing in late November; well after the midterms are over and have been disseminated. It would allow ample time in which to do a December 16th 'tea party' day money bomb and simultaneously raise a lot of money for the primary, get an early start and help establish himself as a 'tea party' guy.

Cherder
10-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Make this a poll.. maybe have the months November through February

rich34
10-10-2010, 12:29 PM
If he's gonna run he really needs to. Announcing in Nov. would setup the Dec. 16th moneybomb perfectly. If we can get him about 5 million, (10 would be nice) that would really allow them to start budgeting a real campaign staff this time in those early states. That was the problem last time they just didn't know how big this baby was gonna get. They know now so I hope they plan accordingly!

Anti Federalist
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Seconded.

Announce after, hopefully, Rand winds in KY.

Middle to late November. Take advantage of the momentum.

Early enough for massive 16 December rally and moneybomb to kick things off right.

Ron Paul 2012, baby!

pcosmar
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I think it is entirely up to Dr. Paul.
I am hopeful of an announcement and will wait till he is comfortable announcing his decision.

Aratus
10-10-2010, 12:41 PM
especially with a GOP sweep on NOV 2nd!
NOV announcing lets a TEA PARTY DECEMBER
MONEYBOMB happen in a very, very big way!!!!

TheTyke
10-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I like the idea of getting a jump on the other "tea party" candidates also.

In my mind, I imagine a huge flurry of media attention if we do what it takes and elect Rand... and when it's just starting to die down... start it all up again with Ron's announcement!

Agorism
10-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Should time it for whatever is best for CPAC momentum.

RonPaulCult
10-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Ron Paul WILL run for President. We, the grassroots, must start working in November of this year. But he should wait to announce because that is "part of the game"

Again - it won't matter when he announces if we the grassroots get to work for his campaign.

Jcambeis
10-10-2010, 01:17 PM
I think he should announce now so we can start donating.

Monotaur
10-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Previously, Dr. Paul has said his decision will be determined in part by the amount of perceived support or enthusiasm. In the past, we've done a good job of showing our support by organizing large and very successful money bombs. But we can't have a money bomb without an official candidate to which to donate. So, I propose that we have a "Pledge Bomb" where people can sign up to pledge to donate a certain amount on a certain date when/if Dr. Paul does decide to run. If we have a large number of pledges, this will translate into showing a large amount of support.

Has anyone setup a site like this?

speciallyblend
10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Seconded.

Announce after, hopefully, Rand winds in KY.

Middle to late November. Take advantage of the momentum.

Early enough for massive 16 December rally and moneybomb to kick things off right.

Ron Paul 2012, baby!

woot woot Ron Paul 2012

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 02:45 PM
He said he won't announce this year, you can take that to the bank.

Besides, this year will be way too busy with everything else already going on.

Maximus
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM
What exactly is going on in late November that Ron Paul is competing with?

Why announce in January when playoff football is going on?

runningdiz
10-10-2010, 03:27 PM
What exactly is going on in late November that Ron Paul is competing with?

Why announce in January when playoff football is going on?

Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years. People are not as concerned about politics then especially right after the midterm election. Everyone will be sick of hearing about it. Things return back to normal the week after new years. What do the playoffs of football have to do with anything? That is not much of a distraction

anaconda
10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
If Ron was all fluff like other candidates I would hold off and enter late for maximum suspense. But in Ron's case, the most lengthy exposure will result in the most voters recruited. Because once you discover and understand Ron Paul you would be unlikely to switch to another candidate. So announce relatively early, let the grassroots work their asses off for as long as possible, campaign ambitiously, and hire slick campaign managers this time with great ad production.

Aratus
10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
^this^

RonPaulFanInGA
12-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Bump.

What good are all the December 16, 2010 money bomb websites if Ron Paul doesn't show up for his tea party? :(

speciallyblend
12-01-2010, 07:14 AM
announcing is not the issue. The main issue is the gop leadership will do everything in their power to make sure Ron Paul 2012 doesn't happen!!! People need to remember we are not fighting corrupt democrats but corrupt republicans within the gop who seem to love electing obama!!

hazek
12-01-2010, 07:30 AM
If he wants to stand a chance he has to be the first to announce as the Tea party candidate so the MSM won't be able to push Palin instead.

Matt Collins
12-01-2010, 07:39 AM
If he wants to stand a chance he has to be the first to announce as the Tea party candidate so the MSM won't be able to push Palin instead.
That won't matter. But remember though he didn't join Bachmann's Tea Party Caucus so I am sure that will come up quite a bit against him.

tangent4ronpaul
12-01-2010, 08:03 AM
The Tea Party isn't really pro-Paul. It would also be a total train wreck for the grassroots.

-t

RonPaulFanInGA
12-01-2010, 08:21 AM
The Tea Party isn't really pro-Paul.

Yeah. That ain't going to work. The 'tea party' isn't really in favor of Paul whatsoever. He had like 2% support among tea party conservatives in one poll. It's independents and younger conservatives where Paul does well.

hazek
12-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Well I already expressed my opinion about this issue.

But I'll do it one more time.

The "tea party" came about basically from Ron Paul grassroots holding rallies and making protests through sending tea bags to D.C. and stuff and advocating most of what Ron does. The MSM then craftily coined a second name - The Tea Party - for this group that basically got motivated by supporting Ron for president, made up who these people are from the reality which is liberty minded constitutionalists to far right conservatives, added some major politic figures as anointed leaders of this new movement and so robbed us of our MOMENTUM.

This is my main point. I hope you see it too! A lot of the 2008 momentum has been lost to the phony Tea party rending a second attempt by Ron just as unlikely to succeed as the first.

Why else do you think Palin is polling at 20% and Ron at 5%?

So that's why I think he needs to announce first, get this phony Tea party to support him and maybe recapture that stolen momentum. If he cannot recapture it, I think he should just not bother at all.

TNforPaul45
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Second week of July, 2011 is when he should announce his presidential run, right after the holiday.

charrob
12-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah. That ain't going to work. The 'tea party' isn't really in favor of Paul whatsoever. He had like 2% support among tea party conservatives in one poll. It's independents and younger conservatives where Paul does well.

Many antiwar, pro-civil liberty, anti-corporate, anti-wallstreet bailout, anti-amnesty, anti-torture, anti-lobbyist, anti- growth of the executive powers, anti- free trade pacts (nafta, cafta, wto, etc.) individuals on the left are attracted to him: don't forget them: there's a ton of them who are disaffected, and it wouldn't take much to win them over. (ie. if RP runs with a Dennis Kucinich or a Russ Feingold that would clinch it for them).

nate895
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM

The fact is, however, that the Tea Party will be the dominant factor going into the GOP Primaries. We need to take control of their enthusiasm. I don't care if he's at .02% support amongst the Tea Party, whoever wins the GOP nominations needs to have solid Tea Party support.

Liberty_Mike
12-01-2010, 11:27 AM
This is all I have to say.
If Ron Paul decided to run in 2012, he better announce asap. The campaign will be run via grassroots organization like in 2008. The sooner he announces, the sooner the grass roots can organize and get to work!

nate895
12-01-2010, 11:31 AM
This is all I have to say.
If Ron Paul decided to run in 2012, he better announce asap. The campaign will be run via grassroots organization like in 2008. The sooner he announces, the sooner the grass roots can organize and get to work!

We can get to work now.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=267148

SamuraisWisdom
12-01-2010, 11:49 AM
We need to have patience because it's all about timing. If he announces now he'll be forgotten by the time the first debates roll around in 6 months. It also could be considered bad form to announce during the middle of the holiday season.

We can afford to wait until the spring for the first money bomb. It will give us more time to organize so we get a better result.

ninepointfive
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Well I already expressed my opinion about this issue.

But I'll do it one more time.

The "tea party" came about basically from Ron Paul grassroots holding rallies and making protests through sending tea bags to D.C. and stuff and advocating most of what Ron does. The MSM then craftily coined a second name - The Tea Party - for this group that basically got motivated by supporting Ron for president, made up who these people are from the reality which is liberty minded constitutionalists to far right conservatives, added some major politic figures as anointed leaders of this new movement and so robbed us of our MOMENTUM.

This is my main point. I hope you see it too! A lot of the 2008 momentum has been lost to the phony Tea party rending a second attempt by Ron just as unlikely to succeed as the first.

Why else do you think Palin is polling at 20% and Ron at 5%?

So that's why I think he needs to announce first, get this phony Tea party to support him and maybe recapture that stolen momentum. If he cannot recapture it, I think he should just not bother at all.

I'm going to disagree with you. The Tea Party doesn't have many people who are advancing Ron Paul's principles, because of a self defeating attitude that is being projected.

These people are willing to listen, it's up to us to take leadership and make inroads, and help people run for local office, or host events, and to build relationships.

By assuming the tea party is coopted is wrong, because it's up to you to be involved to steer this movement in the right direction. Should you not include the so called Tea Party, you go against them. And we're fighting the republican establishment. Not the Tea Party. I have noticed a lack of Paulers at my local tea party events.

tremendoustie
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I think he should announce now.

Yieu
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I think he should announce now.

Yes, that would be something to get excited about.

Thomas
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
no later than early 2011

hazek
12-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm going to disagree with you. The Tea Party doesn't have many people who are advancing Ron Paul's principles, because of a self defeating attitude that is being projected.

These people are willing to listen, it's up to us to take leadership and make inroads, and help people run for local office, or host events, and to build relationships.

By assuming the tea party is coopted is wrong, because it's up to you to be involved to steer this movement in the right direction. Should you not include the so called Tea Party, you go against them. And we're fighting the republican establishment. Not the Tea Party. I have noticed a lack of Paulers at my local tea party events.

I think you misunderstood me. The people who the MSM first started calling the Tea party were the aftermath in momentum of the Ron Paul Grassroots. But now enough time has passed for MSM to completely alter the public perception of who the Tea party actually is and what and who they support.

Yes these are people who are unhappy with the sate of the government atm and generally conservatives but they are through MSM listening to the wrong people for guidance and hence the momentum that should have stayed behind Ron has been stolen.

But I agree it's up to the Ron Paul grassroots to recapture the momentum and steer the movement back on track. That is way I say it's important for Ron to announce ASAP so the grassroots can start working on it before the MSM pushes their own pawns for our movement.

rich34
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I think you misunderstood me. The people who the MSM first started calling the Tea party were the aftermath in momentum of the Ron Paul Grassroots. But now enough time has passed for MSM to completely alter the public perception of who the Tea party actually is and what and who they support.

Yes these are people who are unhappy with the sate of the government atm and generally conservatives but they are through MSM listening to the wrong people for guidance and hence the momentum that should have stayed behind Ron has been stolen.

But I agree it's up to the Ron Paul grassroots to recapture the momentum and steer the movement back on track. That is way I say it's important for Ron to announce ASAP so the grassroots can start working on it before the MSM pushes their own pawns for our movement.

I say Rand Paul can really help our cause by shaping the debate through his large media appeal. I really hope he tries this strategy of capturing the tea party movement and when the time is right perhaps a little after Ron decides to run he then focuses on pumping up his dad to be president by stating that he's the only real candidate to follow through on the tea party's idea on cutting spending. I think Rand could be a huge player in all this if he can keep the momentum on his side and use it just right. Let hope!

Jordan
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
The last thing the least conventional presidential candidate in history needs is an unconventional campaign strategy.

Early 2011 it is.

ninepointfive
12-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Cool. Sometimes I think our ranks have a defeating attitude about being involved in the tea parties.

I say Rand Paul can really help our cause by shaping the debate through his large media appeal. I really hope he tries this strategy of capturing the tea party movement and when the time is right perhaps a little after Ron decides to run he then focuses on pumping up his dad to be president by stating that he's the only real candidate to follow through on the tea party's idea on cutting spending. I think Rand could be a huge player in all this if he can keep the momentum on his side and use it just right. Let hope!

Yes! =)

speciallyblend
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
announce an indy run,since the gop will make sure he doesn't win the gop nomination!!!

hazek
12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
announce an indy run,since the gop will make sure he doesn't win the gop nomination!!!

I just don't get why people still say this. Even Ron has said countless times that an independent run is pointless because of the way the election mechanics work.

It's GOP or nothing.

jmdrake
12-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Second week of July, 2011 is when he should announce his presidential run, right after the holiday.

He should announce before the holiday so we can pass out "Ron Paul 2012" flags at fireworks. See ya at Riverfront park. ;)

Kregisen
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Ron's ONLY chance to win or come close for the GOP nomination is through the tea party. He HAS to be THE tea party candidate.

If Ron announces early enough in January, and Rand automatically endorses him as the tea party candidate, and Napolitano goes on Glenn Beck and supports Paul as the tea party candidate, that can deter Palin from even running.

The early bird gets the worm. We have the arsenal to get Ron the tea party nomination, let's get it done.

The tea party candidate WILL become the GOP candidate. That's a fact.

hazek
12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
The early bird gets the worm.

Nice, you just thought me the correct translation for one of our sayings in my native language to English :) In my language we say "who comes first will mill sooner" :) but it rhymes

And I agree 100% on the rest of what you said.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I think now is better. He doesn't have to officially announce or even do anything. Just set up an exploratory committee and official campaign website, tell supporters where it is, and kick back and relax for a couple of months until the official announcement (in March when he did it back in 2007) while he (Ron Paul) enjoys watching the cash pour in.

Why pass up a few months of donations and an early jump-start on being the 'tea party' candidate with a December 16th money bomb this year?

cindy25
12-02-2010, 06:53 AM
how do you counter the tea party neo-cons such as Bachman?

hazek
12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
how do you counter the tea party neo-cons such as Bachman?

Simple. By explaining how you can't afford their ideas.

cswake
12-02-2010, 07:30 AM
I think now is better. He doesn't have to officially announce or even do anything. Just set up an exploratory committee and official campaign website, tell supporters where it is, and kick back and relax for a couple of months until the official announcement (in March when he did it back in 2007) while he (Ron Paul) enjoys watching the cash pour in.

Why pass up a few months of donations and an early jump-start on being the 'tea party' candidate with a December 16th money bomb this year?He should do this after he gets the financial committee position, but before he starts the inquisition. (That way we don't create the chance the Republicans don't take it from him again.) This way every time the media covers it they'll always hear how he has an exploratory committee and how he ran for President in 2008 and will probably run in 2012.

cindy25
12-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Simple. By explaining how you can't afford their ideas.

to the same sheeple who thought McCain was anti-war? to the same sheeple who like the TSA? to the same sheeple who applaud Huck for advocating assassination of journalists?