PDA

View Full Version : Kick out Barney Frank moneybomb

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 06:30 AM
http://www.byebyebarney.org/

Moneybomb started yesterday, it ends tomorrow.

Read the response to Barney Frank right here (http://www.seanbielat.org/blog/2010-10-07/response-letter-barney-frank).

I just had breakfast with Sean Bielat, the Republican challenger to Barney Frank in the Mass. 4th District.

You heard it here first. Barney is going to lose.

Internal polling shows Bielat is within 10 points of Frank and no one even knows who Bielat is yet. Bielat polls 70/30 over Frank among independents. He is a very good candidate for this seat. www.seanbielat.org

Bielat is 35 years old and very smart. He "gets it". He is not perfect in terms of being a Ron Paul candidate, but he is close. Very close. He would be a huge improvement over Barney. I have supported him.

LL

For more info, check this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=263417

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 06:38 AM
I made a Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159838257373622

Invite your friends !

Justinjj1
10-10-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm all for kicking out Barney Frank, but not for replacing him with this douchebag.

http://seanbielat.org/position-paper-united-states-israel-relationship

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah you want a PURE candidate. Barney is in my opinion the WORST democrat out there. I'd donate to ANYONE if it meant kicking him out. He may not be perfect but he's way better than all democrats and 75% of republicans.

The anger out there against incumbents and the bail outs is HUGE. Barney is the public face of TARP. Once it becomes clear that Sean is real and has a chance he will get money from every state in the union.

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 08:04 AM
You wouldn't have sent money to JD Hayworth who was the Republican challenger to John McCain if he were in striking distance I guess?

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 10:20 AM
bump

llepard
10-10-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm all for kicking out Barney Frank, but not for replacing him with this douchebag.

It's easy to criticize, huh kid.

How about trying to do something about it. Now that is hard. I guess not the kind of stuff you do.

LL

Take a look at wormguy's comments on the matter. Spot on in my opinion. This guy is no warmonger. If you read the other thread you would know that because I told you so. You would also know what Wormguy says below. Bielat believes in principled self defense.

He opposes the Iraq War and the Afghanistan surge, and supports drug legalization.

The reason why he has an entire section devoted to Israel on his site is because MA-04 is one of the most heavily Jewish districts in the country and he probably would need at least 30% of the Jewish vote to win.

Once again, you don't understand the district. In the eyes of many Jewish voters in the district, Irish Catholic + has made dovish statements = anti-Semitic. If he does not have a big, long, over-the-top section on Israel on his website, he can't be elected congressman from MA-04.

Now, you could have a Ron Paul type candidate in this district but he would have zero chance of winning. So the question is, do you feel lucky kid? Would you rather have Frank than this guy? If so, then you are cracked.

If calling the man a douchebag makes you feel better, smart, cool, powerful or whatever,,,, well to each his own. But to me it says more about you.

Also go to

www.retirebarney.com The video on here is definately worth the one minute to watch it.

llepard
10-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Spoke to Sean's campaign manager about an event in Wellesley this morning.

He is hearing that the Democratic National Party internal poll is showing Frank has a 3 point lead over Bielat and that they are about to throw big money at the race.

He says this info is from a good source. All these poltical operative types talk back and forth.

If correct, then Barney is in serious trouble.

CaseyJones
10-10-2010, 01:18 PM
bump

Liberty_Mike
10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah you want a PURE candidate. Barney is in my opinion the WORST democrat out there. I'd donate to ANYONE if it meant kicking him out. He may not be perfect but he's way better than all democrats and 75% of republicans.

The anger out there against incumbents and the bail outs is HUGE. Barney is the public face of TARP. Once it becomes clear that Sean is real and has a chance he will get money from every state in the union.

You honsetly think Frank is the worst democrat out there??
Frank is by no means a good candidate, but at least he supports the legalization of industrial hemp and bringing more of our troops home from all over the world instead of sending more like the majority of Democrats support. There are far worse people in the House/Senate than Barney Frank.

Thomas
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
bump!

brandon
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
You honsetly think Frank is the worst democrat out there??
Frank is by no means a good candidate, but at least he supports the legalization of industrial hemp and bringing more of our troops home from all over the world instead of sending more like the majority of Democrats support. There are far worse people in the House/Senate than Barney Frank.

+1 Frank has a big anti-war and personal liberties streak. He is one of the better ones in congress.

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
He's the guy in charge of the economics in the House, it's WAYYYYY worse than a single vote for the troops.

wormyguy
10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Barney was my congressman for most of my life, and while perhaps there is something to be said for him being one of the better Democrats, I find him to be an incredibly irksome guy. He just has a way about him that's very arrogant and pisses me off. I didn't like him during my short period as a liberal* either.

*(My earliest coherent political philosophy was based on taking the opposite position on whatever George Bush was in favor of, but I rather quickly realized that what I really disliked was war and the assault on civil liberties, and also excessive spending/deficits).

TCE
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
There are a myriad of problems with this candidate and the situation as a whole.

Bergie: Why are we throwing money at a person who is far from perfect and has absolutely no shot at winning when we have amazing candidates starved for cash who have great shots at winning? Oh, and he is in charge of the Finance Committee, but not for long if the Republicans take back the House. Then it will be Spencer Bachus.

If he is within 10 points in an internal poll that he is so excited to release, then he is likely behind double digits with the internal poll bias effect. With less than a month to go, this guy has absolutely no shot.

Gunny/B.J./Rand/Heck, even John Dennis>This guy.

llepard
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
There are a myriad of problems with this candidate and the situation as a whole.

Bergie: Why are we throwing money at a person who is far from perfect and has absolutely no shot at winning when we have amazing candidates starved for cash who have great shots at winning? Oh, and he is in charge of the Finance Committee, but not for long if the Republicans take back the House. Then it will be Spencer Bachus.

If he is within 10 points in an internal poll that he is so excited to release, then he is likely behind double digits with the internal poll bias effect. With less than a month to go, this guy has absolutely no shot.

Gunny/B.J./Rand/Heck, even John Dennis>This guy.

Already given to Gunny/BJ/Rand and from what I can tell the only one of those with great prospects is Rand. I hope I am wrong BTW.

You are forgetting Barney's negatives, the Scott Brown effect, how Barney is the poster boy for TARP and FNM/FRE which means he IS THE FINANCIAL CRISIS. Now what American living in this economy will not vote against the financial crisis?

Incumbents are in trouble. Big trouble. Barney is an incumbent. I think your statement that he has no shot is not well reasoned. An internal DEM pol has Barney up by 3 points. Barney did not bring Clinton to the District because he feels like he has it made. There are less than 20 days to go, there are 400 house seats. Clinton is god to Democrats. He only goes where he is needed.

Think about it. I am not saying give Sean money. Do whatever you want. But do not say this guy has no shot. That is just plain wrong.

LL

llepard
10-10-2010, 07:28 PM
+1 Frank has a big anti-war and personal liberties streak. He is one of the better ones in congress.

Right and he is owned by the banks including Goldman Sachs.

The Dodd Frank Reform bill does not deal with too big to fail, derivatives, and does not deal with the mess at Fannie and Freddie.

Check the amount of money that Barney receives from Wall Street.

He is corrupt to the core.

And sure he talks anti war, but he is pushing for a second engine for the joint strike fighter. Reason: the engine will be manufactured in Massachusetts. Building unnecessary weapons is not anti war in my book.

LL

Bern
10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
In the Fed's pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>> marijuana or any other issue

If you have been paying any attention at all to what has been happening with TARP, ZIRP, etc., and you don't see Barney Frank as being a key bankster puppet on the hill, then you are blind.

TCE
10-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Already given to Gunny/BJ/Rand and from what I can tell the only one of those with great prospects is Rand. I hope I am wrong BTW.

You are forgetting Barney's negatives, the Scott Brown effect, how Barney is the poster boy for TARP and FNM/FRE which means he IS THE FINANCIAL CRISIS. Now what American living in this economy will not vote against the financial crisis?

Incumbents are in trouble. Big trouble. Barney is an incumbent. I think your statement that he has no shot is not well reasoned. An internal DEM pol has Barney up by 3 points. Barney did not bring Clinton to the District because he feels like he has it made. There are less than 20 days to go, there are 400 house seats. Clinton is god to Democrats. He only goes where he is needed.

Think about it. I am not saying give Sean money. Do whatever you want. But do not say this guy has no shot. That is just plain wrong.

LL

Gunny has a good shot, although I agree on the other two.

Actually, the people see him as the savior. The Republicans are blamed completely for the crisis and he is seen as the one trying to reign it in with all of this regulation. Sure, from our point of view, he is a catalyst, but not in the mainstream view.

Some incumbents are, not all. There are 300+ Safe seats in Congress, and probably more. It is really only those 100 or so that are fought over. Link to poll? It is considered Safe/Solid DEM by every rater I have seen.

low preference guy
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
It is considered Safe/Solid DEM by every rater I have seen.

So Clinton coming to MA doesn't suggest anything to you?

TCE
10-10-2010, 07:41 PM
So Clinton coming to MA doesn't suggest anything to you?

That is the only odd thing, and it can be explained by MA's toss-up district that is right next to Barney Frank's.

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Don't forget Justin Amash who's has a sure win.

brandon
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
In the Fed's pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>> marijuana or any other issue

It's all personal opinion. IMO putting people in jail for smoking marijuana is magnitudes worse than a federal bank manipulating the economy. Sure, maybe I'm a little less prosperous than I would be without the fed, but at least I'm in not living my life in a cage like millions of marijuana smokers who got caught.

Stary Hickory
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Exactly Frank is one of the very worst. I just love peeps defending him, we should defend Cheney too then...he was a stellar neocon.

trey4sports
10-10-2010, 09:20 PM
It's all personal opinion. IMO putting people in jail for smoking marijuana is magnitudes worse than a federal bank manipulating the economy. Sure, maybe I'm a little less prosperous than I would be without the fed, but at least I'm in not living my life in a cage like millions of marijuana smokers who got caught.

Sean Bielat also supports Drug Legalization

Bergie Bergeron
10-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Boom.

Justinjj1
10-10-2010, 11:16 PM
It's easy to criticize, huh kid.

yeah it sure is easy to criticize especially someone who writes such an awful neocon, Jew ass-kissing diatribe as this guy did.

The United States must always respond without hesitation to protect its own interests, and thus the security of Israel and our allies in the entire Middle East region. If elected, I would affirmatively support several proposals, including the Iran Refined Petroleum Sanctions Act of 2009, which enhances the President's authority to sanction entities that export refined petroleum products to Iran. I would also press for broader and more impactful sanctions as well as the prioritization of Iran as an issue demanding an immediate and credible response. I also would work to restore funding for the Iran Human Rights Documentation Center (IHRDC).

United States Security Funding

I support the ten year memorandum of understanding between the United States and Israel and the annual appropriations legislation which will provide $30 billion in military aid to Israel through 2017. As I can attest from my work at iRobot, the vast majority of said military aid is invested back into American products and services, including those created in Massachusetts. This agreement and funding will allow Israel to maintain the military superiority required to protect itself and the military interests of the United States.

This guy is all for giving MY money to the fucking bloodthirsty zionists to kill even more innocents, and yet someone you have deluded yourself into thinking he is somehow a fiscal conservative, non-interventionist. I guarantee you this guy will be the biggest AIPAC puppet in Congress. Just reading that awful screed makes me sick. I mean, seriously, according to this guys twisted logic, it's ok to give the Israeli's 30 billion dollars of our money because they invest some of it back into our weapons manufacturers. That's just a round-about way of saying that this guy supports STEALING our money because the Jews launder it through our military-industrial complex.

[

llepard
10-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Actually, the people see him as the savior. The Republicans are blamed completely for the crisis and he is seen as the one trying to reign it in with all of this regulation. Sure, from our point of view, he is a catalyst, but not in the mainstream view.

Good point. Some people are awfully stupid and do not see the causality. But, a surprisingly large number do see it. Bielat has blue collar workers in New Bedford who come to his rallys and get the fact that Barnie is the financial crisis.

No link available to poll. It is based on heresay. One campaign worker to another. The poll was an internal Democratic poll. Is it valid? I do not know but it is an interesting data point. BTW, in the poll where Bielat was down by 10% there was a 4.9% margin of error. So it could be worse, could be better.

llepard
10-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Just reading that awful screed makes me sick. .

I agree.

I completely disagree with his positions on Israel.

I had not read his website when I tendered my support. He assured me that he is not a Neocon and he is for peace through strength. He opposed the Iraq war and he opposes the Afghanistan surge. He is not blood thirsty. He is a military brat. He was trained to see enemies out there, but I think he is educatable. I am going to send him the Chalmers Johnson series of books on Empire and some others. Hopefully he will come around.

Some of this may be pandering to the Jewish vote in Brookline and Newton which is substantial and important in this district.

Perhaps I let my blind hate of Barney Frank make me jump at any credible alternative. I apologize for the insults, but calling him a douchebag is harsh.

Once again this forum provides superior education and insight. I did not have time to dig through his website. Thanks for the update.

Bergie Bergeron
10-11-2010, 08:46 AM
bump

Bergie Bergeron
10-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Can Bielat beat Barney? (http://spectator.org/archives/2010/10/11/can-bielat-beat-barney)

llepard
10-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Four debates have been scheduled between Sean Bielat (R) and Barney Frank (D) in the MA-04 Congressional race:

Debate 1: Oct 12, 7:00 – 8:00 AM, WRKO 680 AM
Debate 2: Oct 12, 6:00 – 7:00 PM, NECN TV
Debate 3: Oct 13, 10:00 PM on Fox 25 TV
Debate 4: Oct 17, 5:00 – 6:30 PM at Lasell College

llepard
10-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Bielat/Frank From A prominent Mass Blog.

The MA 4th congressional district race has been catching fire over the past week. As national blogger and media interest continues to grow, Sean Bielat released the details of an internal poll last week showing that he is legitimately within 10 points of Barney Frank with plenty of upside ahead of him. Frank’s campaign responded first by insulting Sarah Palin (”those numbers are as dumb as Sarah Palin” - go figure) and then by claiming that they will win by 20 points “no matter what we do”.

But instead of releasing their own polling details, the Frank campaign belied their own arrogance by bringing in Bill Clinton to stump for Barney yesterday. The CSM ran with the headline “Can Clinton save Barney Frank?”

At the same time Sean Bielat held a counter rally at the green in Taunton, which attracted an energetic crowd of around 350 supporters.

WBUR summary of the situation

In a roundabout way, Bill Clinton acknowledged that Barney Frank has a tougher race this year than he’s had in a long time. Clinton told the crowd in the Taunton High School gym Sunday that if Republicans succeed in making the election about how Americans feel about the economy, Democrats are in trouble.

But Clinton was there, and voters in the 4th Congressional District are asking about Sean Bielat, the fair-skinned, trim 35-year-old running against Barney Frank. Bielat is a Marine Reservist who says his priorities are in line with the Tea Party principles of smaller government…

“First is the economic recovery, and I think we do that by setting a stable regulatory environment so that businesses can make longer-term investment decisions because they know what regulation is coming, what they need to prepare for, and second is immediate tax relief in the form of lower withholding from paychecks,” Bielat said.

Next, Bielat, a recent graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School, wants to reform Social Security and Medicare.

“If we don’t, this country is going to look like Greece in a generation. We’re going to be broke,” he said.

Bielat is part of a rebel movement of young Republicans who want to throw out not just the Democrats, but also their own party leadership. He says the Congressional Republican he thinks is doing the best job is Paul Ryan, of Wisconsin. Like Ryan, Bielat believes the party lost its way by spending big in the Bush years.

Finally, check out this stunning comment made by Barney Frank right after the Bill Clinton event:

“I didn’t just get Bill Clinton to come to Taunton,” Frank said. “I got Sean Bielat to come to Taunton. I noticed he’d said he’d been thinking about having an event here and finally decided to do it. Frankly, I think it’s the first public event he had in Taunton. Maybe it was a two-for for Taunton.”

Barney is all arrogance all the time, but between the lines you can see his fear.

FOLKS, THIS IS A RACE! DONATE TO SEAN BIELAT TODAY AND RETIRE BARNEY FRANK!

http://retirebarney.com
http://seanforcongress.com

|

Fozz
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM

I am sick of this sucking up to Israel :mad:

It is the main reason why I am not a fan of Mike Lee, and it is a significant reason why our country has such a highly interventionist foreign policy.

Fozz
10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
yeah it sure is easy to criticize especially someone who writes such an awful neocon, Jew ass-kissing diatribe as this guy did.

This guy is all for giving MY money to the fucking bloodthirsty zionists to kill even more innocents, and yet someone you have deluded yourself into thinking he is somehow a fiscal conservative, non-interventionist. I guarantee you this guy will be the biggest AIPAC puppet in Congress. Just reading that awful screed makes me sick. I mean, seriously, according to this guys twisted logic, it's ok to give the Israeli's 30 billion dollars of our money because they invest some of it back into our weapons manufacturers. That's just a round-about way of saying that this guy supports STEALING our money because the Jews launder it through our military-industrial complex.

I am just as frustrated at AIPAC and the Israel lobby as you are, but some of your posts come across as excessively anti-Semitic. Stay away from the likes of David Duke.

Southron
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
The best reason for getting Barney Frank out of office now is that, if you don't, he's probably more likely to die in office than lose any future elections.

Sure his opponent may be a neocon, but would be much easier to remove later.

That said, vote your conscience.

Bergie Bergeron
10-11-2010, 11:05 PM
bump

daviddee
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM

llepard
10-12-2010, 06:42 AM
I like when Barney disassociates himself from his prior actions... and completely believes every word he says.

Well said, what a great description of his sociopathic lying.

He could convince some people that black is white and up is down. And he has.