PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] ~ "Sarah Palin Beats Ron Paul In Tea Party Straw Poll"

Reason
10-09-2010, 11:03 PM
YouTube - Sarah Palin Beats Ron Paul In Tea Party Straw Poll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6IXqHcO80)

ClayTrainor
10-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Don't feel too bad, it's just a popularity contest and Ron Paul still had a good showing.

FreedomGuy
10-09-2010, 11:25 PM
The media poison at CNN, MSNBC dilutes our freedom message with all this toxic bs, so people do not get time and opportunity to hear ron paul.

So ron paul remains anonymous and unknown and he loses all the polls except CPAC.

Brett
10-09-2010, 11:27 PM
If we were 1% behind 4 years ago we'd be ecstatic.

FrankRep
10-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Ron Paul supporters are their own worst enemy sometimes.

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1223756&postcount=14

Ron Paul has seemed to attract a crowd that is willing to keep things divided. They seem to have the "we are right and everyone else is irrelevant" mind set. That is not what this country needs. It will not unify anything. Now, if something constructive came out of folks mouths now and again, it would make for more interesting talk, and might attract some listeners. I am sick and tired of hearing "that person is a fool, or stupid". That kind of speech only attracts fellow haters, and I have heard enough of that junk.

Until the Ron Paul supporters get it figured out, I have no interest in supporting him. He attracts a dangerous group of people in my view...

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Pikman is confused. A territory as large as the US will never be unified on anything. He is under false assumptions. Same argument Brutus brought forth -- but he is a nasty Anti-Federalist and Anti-American according to FrankRep.

BenIsForRon
10-09-2010, 11:46 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo

t0rnado
10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
If we were 1% behind 4 years ago we'd be ecstatic.

If we were even included in polls 4 years ago, we'd be celebrating.

2young2vote
10-10-2010, 12:21 AM
1.5% behind a hyped candidate is really good.

RM918
10-10-2010, 12:25 AM

He's just cherry-picking supporters he doesn't like instead of talking about ideas and policy. How the hell is it the group's fault if there are several individuals he doesn't like? People who think like that will NEVER be happy with anything we do and they're just looking for excuses to dismiss people.

Theocrat
10-10-2010, 12:28 AM

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1223756&postcount=14

Sadly, Pikman's criticism actually sounds like it would be an accurate assessment of what happens on these very forums. :(

RM918
10-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Sadly, Pikman's criticism actually sounds like it would be an accurate assessment of what happens on these very forums. :(

What's the solution? Wish the community to voraciously shout down anything that gets under peoples' skins? People who let themselves be dissuaded from an idea because their sensibilities are harmed are, in reality, not very interested in that idea and are just looking for excuses to wave them off.

"Well, I'd totally agree with ending the wars and living within our means if you weren't a bunch of douchebags!" Horseshit. They know what side of the fence they're on and they'd rather demand we attack each other than actually talk about ideas.

low preference guy
10-10-2010, 12:35 AM
"Well, I'd totally agree with ending the wars and living within our means if you weren't a bunch of douchebags!" Horseshit.

correct

Theocrat
10-10-2010, 12:41 AM
What's the solution? Wish the community to voraciously shout down anything that gets under peoples' skins? People who let themselves be dissuaded from an idea because their sensibilities are harmed are, in reality, aren't very interested in that idea and are just looking for excuses to wave them off.

"Well, I'd totally agree with ending the wars and living within our means if you weren't a bunch of douchebags!" Horseshit.

The solution is for individuals to have some temperance when expressing their views to others who might not agree with them. Many times on these forums we've had members voraciously attack other members just because they disagreed with their beliefs. That should not be happening, and it doesn't convince the opposing side towards your views.

Unfortunately, that similar behavior is happening in public from Ron Paul supporters towards others that disagree with his views. They engage in name-calling, ridicule, easy dismissal, and utter disrespect with the opposition, just like many members do on these forums. Like I said, temperance is the key, and it goes a long way in bringing others to your side.

Jandrsn21
10-10-2010, 12:43 AM

Yeah no joke! Palin was the VP Republican candidate in 2008! Ron Paul gets 1% behind her and the people are upset! WOW I mean this lady has just as much media attention as Obama did in 2008 and Ron Paul gets very little recognition and and he is 1% behind. This is a HUGE victory to me!

RM918
10-10-2010, 12:44 AM
The solution is for individuals to have some temperance when expressing their views to others who might not agree with them. Many times on these forums we've had members voraciously attack other members just because they disagreed with their beliefs. That should not be happening, and it doesn't convince the opposing side towards your views.

Unfortunately, that similar behavior is happening in public from Ron Paul supporters towards others that disagree with his views. They engage in name-calling, ridicule, easy dismissal, and utter disrespect with the opposition, just like many members do on these forums. Like I said, temperance is the key, and it goes a long way in bringing others to your side.

I don't believe that. Forum sniping, you'll get that if the parties aren't familiar to one another. Most of the time people are very polite, in real life far more so. I'd more wager the opposition highlights the bad in order to make it out as if the majority act that way.

Theocrat
10-10-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't believe that. Forum sniping, you'll get that if the parties aren't familiar to one another. Most of the time people are very polite, in real life far more so. I'd more wager the opposition highlights the bad in order to make it out as if the majority act that way.

You obviously have not spent a lot of time reading and responding to threads in the "Hot Topics," "Religion," nor "Philosophy" Forums here. That sort of disrespectful behavior goes on all the time in those forums. It's a little more than just "forum sniping."

RM918
10-10-2010, 12:54 AM
You obviously have not spent a lot of time reading and responding to threads in the "Hot Topics," "Religion," nor "Philosophy" Forums here. That sort of disrespectful behavior goes on all the time in those forums. It's a little more than just "forum sniping."

That's where you're going to get all the sniping, those places are for people who love infighting. The people doing the infighting and starting it, however, I can guarantee are the minority on this forum. Most of us have similar beliefs on core issues and you only notice the infighting because it causes a way larger ruckus than people who are actually polite.

Jandrsn21
10-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Also see the Audit the Fed posters :) Will you two stop fighting and go and have a drink!

james1906
10-10-2010, 01:01 AM
We can't really be too upset Christie won. He has been good so far economically, and being in an executive position, he gets more credit or blame. He's also only a few states over from VA.

Finishing behind Palin is a concern. Just remember Palin has been all hype and doesn't have much of a history to stand on.

Comforting is that the top 3 are all viewed as outside the mainstream candidates. Newtie in a distant 4th brings hope.

Pauls' Revere
10-10-2010, 01:10 AM

No doubt, and the top three are essentially a statistical deadheat if this poll means anything.

HOLLYWOOD
10-10-2010, 01:34 AM
VA Tea Party :

8.4% voted for Newt Grinch?

Comon CFL, educate your home state Tea Party on this RINO Fraud.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-10-2010, 01:35 AM
"Well, I'd totally agree with ending the wars and living within our means if you weren't a bunch of douchebags!" Horseshit. They know what side of the fence they're on and they'd rather demand we attack each other than actually talk about ideas.

:D

It doesn't matter what they think. We are going to win the argument. You can not be for out of control spending and keeping the existing welfare state and interventionalist foreign policy. It is impossible.

ctiger2
10-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Considering all the media Palin gets this isn't bad at all. If Ron got as much press he'd have polled at 35% on this thing.

AGRP
10-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Sarah Palin has been forced down the publics throats for years now. I swear Limbaugh is married to her since hes always gushing over her. For RP to be 1% point of a person like that is great news.

AGRP
10-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Who are the Tea Party Patriots anyway?

Lou Dobbs as a speaker? Really?

It sounds like an establishment type group.

Peace&Freedom
10-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Being 1.5% behind Palin is not a big deal, but the point is, knowing what we know of how the MSM uses polling to steer coverage, they will surely MAKE it a big deal. The next Paul campaign should put aside about $10,000 a month to finance its own scientific polls. This will insure his name is properly mentioned and his issues are fairly represented in the surveys, rather than leave it to the media again to sabotage him through rigged polling.

johnrocks
10-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I think it is fantastic, he came within one frigging percent of her and 1.5% of being in 1st place, if he runs in 2012, I'd need valiums to keep me from getting too excited if he starts out with these type numbers.

silentshout
10-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Who are the Tea Party Patriots anyway?

Lou Dobbs as a speaker? Really?

It sounds like an establishment type group.

Seriously. Just seems like the GOP to me. Considering that, ron did very well.

Monarchist
10-10-2010, 10:19 AM
One percent of 1,560 is 15.6, so let's say 16. Ron Paul came within 16 votes of Sarah Palin. Man, that guy is such a loser. :rolleyes:

fj45lvr
10-10-2010, 01:05 PM
kind of shines a light on the "tea party" huh.

TonyFromTheBronx
10-10-2010, 05:06 PM
palin supported the bailout rip-off...

i cant understand how tea party types can suppport her

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 05:57 PM
palin supported the bailout rip-off...Most of them don't know that.