PDA

View Full Version : John Bolton Fox News: John Bolton abandons Democracy building, likes authoritarian, military rule

Agorism
10-09-2010, 06:20 PM
2012 GOP presidential candidate Bolton says that the Pakistan needs to move in on the civilian government.

BOLTON: [D]emocracy and civilian governments in Pakistan have been so discredited because of incompetence and corruption. I thought the Musharraf government, military, authoritarian rule that it was, was the most likely kind of government to be able to make the changes we made. [...] I would have kept Musharraf in power. I think the Bush administration made a mistake in pushing him out. In Pakistan they call the military the “steel skeleton” because it really is the only thing that holds the country together. That offends some people who think democracy is always the answer. Personally, I would put American interests above that. I wouldn’t have gotten rid of Musharraf.

YouTube - John Bolton longs for the days of authoritarian rule in Pakistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8-gfIt-Eg)

Knightskye
10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Then we should have left Saddam in power in Iraq if dictatorships work so well.

RedStripe
10-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Bolton is a jackass.

Cowlesy
10-09-2010, 10:41 PM

haha, win

Creepy -- Knight has 6,666 posts as of my post.

Agorism
10-10-2010, 10:45 AM
bump

Jcambeis
10-10-2010, 10:51 AM
John Bolton should be dropped into the mountains of Pakistan and made to justify his rhetoric to those people.

pcosmar
10-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Well we did spend a lot of money and time putting him in that position.
:(

erowe1
10-10-2010, 12:47 PM
This makes him bad, but better than all those who do support democracy building.

lester1/2jr
10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
what a lovely human being

Feeding the Abscess
10-10-2010, 06:28 PM
This makes him bad, but better than all those who do support democracy building.

This is more a broken clock is correct twice a day instead of him being on our side in a philosophical debate. In fact, I'd say this might make him worse, as it shows he cares about nothing but American interests; even supporting a foreign dictator if he feels it would help us in any way. At least some people who support democracy building are coming from a good place (road to hell... however).

Matt Collins
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM
YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc&feature=player_embedded)

mczerone
10-10-2010, 07:04 PM
what a lovely human being

I don't think he deserves that title. Let's say "What a lovely specimen."

Humans have empathy, reason, and compassion. I've never seen a hint of any of those from Bolton.