PDA

View Full Version : Casting Call for Obama TownHall

ronpaulhawaii
10-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Literally :eek:

http://casting.backstage.com/JobSeekerX/SearchJobs.asp?SearchStartingPoint=MainSearchForm&txtaction=CREATE&ProfileID&SubmitToSearch=Search&lctr=1&rvsd=-1&o1=2&p1=1&ipp=10&city&fromsearchpage=True&kwrd&kwdt=1&lcta=1&st=DC&cn=1&btnSearch=Run+Search+Now

5th down

PRESIDENT OBAMA TOWN HALL, DC
PRESIDENT OBAMA TOWN HALL, DC MTV, BET, and CMT (prods.) are casting the audience for a town hall meeting with President Obama. Shooting Oct. 14 at 4 p.m. in Washington, DC. Seeking—Audience Members: males and females, 18+. To apply, email townhallaudience@mtvnmix.com and put "Town Hall" in the subject line. To ensure that the audience represents diverse interests and political views, include your name, phone number, hometown, school attending, your job and what issues, if any, you are ... (must pay to see more-rph)

UtahApocalypse
10-09-2010, 07:25 AM
This will be removed fast. Make sure someone to hey screenshots and send to drudge

RM918
10-09-2010, 07:37 AM
What'd we used to call these things?

Greenhouses, because they're full of plants.

amy31416
10-09-2010, 07:44 AM
This will be removed fast. Make sure someone to hey screenshots and send to drudge

It's subscription only to see the full ad.

Seems too blatant to be real, but very little in politics surprises me anymore.

ETA: Apparently it's real

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/10/casting-call-for-audience-of-obamas-mtv-town-hall.html

Casting Call for Audience of Obama’s MTV Town Hall?

October 08, 2010 9:45 AM
PrintRSS
Share:
Email
More
FarkTechnoratiGoogleLiveMy Space
NewsvineRedditDeliciousMixxYahoo

Miller ABC News' Sunlen Miller reports:

When President Obama sits down for his MTV town hall this Thursday, the audience of young people who will ask him questions will have been gathered by a casting call.

According to the casting call for the event from talent agency Backstage.com, first reported by National Review Online, the company requests applications for the event, asking what issues the person is “passionate about,” requiring a “short description of your political views,” and also asks for a recent photo.

“MTV, BET and CMT are casting the audience for town hall meeting with President Obama. Shooting Oct. 14, 4 p.m. in Washington, D.C. Seeking—Audience Members: males & females, 18+,” the casting call says, “To ensure that the audience represents diverse interests and political views, include your name, phone number, hometown, school attending, your job and what issues, if any, you are interested in or passionate about. Also, provide a recent photo and short description of your political views.”

The casting call says that there is no pay for the appearance at the town hall.

Dubbed “A Conversation with President Obama”, MTV touted that the town hall will bring the president before 250 young people that represent a “broad cross-section of backgrounds, interests and political viewpoints,” who will ask questions of the president and over Twitter.

The town hall will be hosted by MTV personality Sway Calloway, BET’s April Woodard, and CMT’s Katie Cook.

During the 2008 presidential campaign candidate Obama took pains to express that his town halls across the country were entirely authentic, given reports then of the Hillary Clinton campaign planting two questions at her town halls events.

“By the way, these questions have not been pre-screened or pre-selected. Don’t know what’s coming up,’ then-Senator Obama said in November of 2007 at a town hall in Lebanon, New Hampshire.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about Thursday’s town hall.

--Sunlen Miller

More sources:
http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/249034/casting-call-obamas-mtvbetcmt-town-hall-meeting
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/10/a-hollywood-like-casting-call-for-obamas-oct-townhall-in-dc.html

PatriotOne
10-09-2010, 07:52 AM
To ensure that the audience represents diverse interests and political views, include your name, phone number, hometown, school attending, your job and what issues, if any, you are ...

Translation:

To ensure that the audience doesn't represent the angry American's and won't deviate from the allowable political discourse, please provide all your information so that you can be background checked and screened to make sure you are still a ignorant American and not one of those enlightened Americans who might bring up real questions and issues.

Stary Hickory
10-09-2010, 07:58 AM
I will go in and pretend I am a liberal statist who has Obama pictures on my walls and masturbates to them, while chanting hope and change, before going to sleep.

UtahApocalypse
10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I will be writing MTV and its sponsors. I also will only watch the first 30 seconds of this and expect a FULL disclaimer if they expect me to watch the station ever again.