PDA

View Full Version : Media Matters getting desperate! Attacks Alex Jones & Jude Napolitano

Humanae Libertas
10-09-2010, 01:40 AM
New MM hit piece

Fox's Napolitano joins 9-11 Truther Alex Jones to push anti-government conspiracy theories (http://mediamatters.org/blog/201010080030)

Fox Business host and Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano again appeared on the radio program of conspiracy theorist and 9-11 Truth leader Alex Jones. During the October 7 program, the two agreed that Obama will "start a wider global war" to "be a prince," and discussed whether a powerful banking cartel linked to "world government" would "collapse the economy" and use that "as an excuse for martial law." Napolitano also told Jones of Texas secession: "That time has come. That may actually happen" because of the actions of the government.

Napolitano also discussed Glenn Beck, whose Fox News program he frequently guest hosts. Jones suggested that Beck picked up ideas from him, especially with regard to the "pants on fire" false smear that Obama administration official John Holdren has a plan of "forced sterilization in the water." Jones added that "Beck is now able to go on the air and talk about things that 15 years ago I was called a lunatic for."

Jones is widely viewed as the leader of the conspiracy theory that the 9-11 attacks were an inside job (the 9-11 Truth shirt pictured above is sold at Jones' online store). Jones is also a proponent of such conspiracies as a New World Order plot to exterminate 80 percent of the world's population, the Obama administration's "already happening" "plan to sterilize [the] population through water supply" and FEMA "death camps."

Jones has been criticized by groups such as the Anti-Defamation League, which wrote that he "may currently well be the most prominent conspiracy theorist in the United States" and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Still, that hasn't stopped Napolitano -- himself a frequent anti-government conspiracist -- from repeatedly appearing on Jones' program or hosting Jones on his Freedom Watch program when it was only airing on FoxNews.com. Napolitano, who announced yesterday that Freedom Watch would expand from the weekend to weekdays on Fox Business, is apparently such a fan of Jones that he promised to host him on the new program. Napolitano has also hosted truther Jesse Ventura, who was given an unchallenged platform to push 9-11 conspiracy theories.

On previous Alex Jones shows, Napolitano has said that the November elections could be suspended; "The one world government has been around since the Progressive Era"; the government "will try" to take away your right to guns because "the first thing a tyrant does is disarm the citizenry"; the situations of Hitler and Mussolini are "eerily reminiscent" of "exactly what's happening today"; and the government wants the same "power over the internet that the Chinese" have.

Napolitano and Jones both admire one another. Napolitano has previously told Jones that "you, my friend, are doing more than anybody I know -- I'm trying to keep up with you to educate the public in the dangers of too much government. And guess what? The message is getting through, Alex." Napolitano also said of Jones: "Well, we go to places like your show because of your zeal and your courage and your fearlessness in exposing this. As much as you exercised the same zeal, and courage and fearlessness in the previous administration, and we have to educate people." In return, Jones said that Napolitano is "best person out there period on national television. In fact, he's the only person that I agree with almost 100%." ....READ MORE (http://mediamatters.org/blog/201010080030)

JohnEngland
10-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Since it's Media Matters, I don't need to read it to know what it says.

Their mission statement is to visciously attack conservatives and libertarians in any way possible. No smear is too low for them.

I have no time for their hatred.

Stary Hickory
10-09-2010, 07:38 AM
I think Alex Jones has some nutty ideas, sometimes he is detached from reality, but I do agree his distrust and hatred of government are just plain excellent. I can't listen to his show long because he goes way the hell out there with conspiracy(I guess it's good entertainment) but the overall thrust of the show is great because even if the government did not do what he said they are doing or did, the point is the government is so corrupt we ought to watch it constantly and never trust it.

Agorism
10-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Can we hear the audio of the interview.

Danke
10-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Can we hear the audio of the interview.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=263449&highlight=

Anti Federalist
10-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Jones has been criticized by groups such as the Anti-Defamation League, which wrote that he "may currently well be the most prominent conspiracy theorist in the United States" and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Who the fuck are these people?

This is really getting out of hand.

Who the fuck appointed the SPLC and the ADL as the final arbiters of what passes for politically "acceptable" speech?

Not a day goes by, literally, without some news organ quoting these slimeballs.

WTF?

HOLLYWOOD
10-09-2010, 10:21 AM
There's your self-absorbed power hungry groups backed by a boat load of money to spew propaganda.

Remember 90% of people decide/vote by a 30 second BS sound bite... imagine when you have $10's of millions, if not $100's millions to push their agenda.

The first time these groups shoot their mouths off and start their organized defamation campaigns, call them out! state exactly what you have...

Who the Hell are these "Special Self Interest Groups and Who says they're right?"

Need to expose the malicious intents of the conspirators in these big funded propaganda machines.

Who the fuck are these people?

This is really getting out of hand.

Who the fuck appointed the SPLC and the ADL as the final arbiters of what passes for politically "acceptable" speech?

Not a day goes by, literally, without some news organ quoting these slimeballs.

WTF?