PDA

View Full Version : "Infobomb" on Ron Paul

Scottj88
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Hello all,

To understand my idea, you must know a little bit about what it is based on. If you are a follower of the prisonplanet.com forums or infowars.com, you will know that recently Alex Jones has been launching "google search terms" for the day. The term is then is posted to the general forums by a member and people go and search for the term to show up in google's new "google trends." When the term hits the top 10 (usually #1), it links to a infowars article about an issue they are trying bring media coverage too. Its results speak for themselves as not only do they succeed (as seen below), but it forces all blogs to cover this surge of the news topic that hit number one.

http://yfrog.com/6hgoogletrendsjuly182010j
http://yfrog.com/6309soetoroj
.. Many more, you can visit the prisonplanet.com forums to see their success/participate

My idea is simply this on a larger internet-community collective effort for promoting Ron Paul. The one thing that I have noticed from hoping from one forum base to another to get the best perspective I can, is there is a core of Ron Paul support where political banter dare roams. I believe this is because of his liberty-minded mindset which allows for all organization's goals to be achieved through his mindset, which is let everyone be free (How funny he is not covered).

The basis of this project would be for somebody who has administrative power/executive power to reach out to other top-level "online communities" who can make decisions on behalf of the organization. The goal would be for each organization to write articles on Ron Paul and his role in helping each organizations primary goals to be fulfilled on the same day throughout the day (maybe have them prewritten and then release them all on a coordinated day). In doing this I feel there would be a HEAVY concentration of internet traffic reading about Ron Paul in some way or another.

The following organizations are one's off the top of my head, but I am sure there are many more to contact: Starts here at RonPaulForums :P, other ron paul sites, infowars/prisonplanet (alex jones), end the fed, campaign for liberty, drug communities (marijuana), free market advocators, and countless others that I am sure you the community can help with if indeed this idea gains momentum.

The following are the beneficial things I see coming from this.. I want to describe it as the "circus effect" (there for a short term but you want to see what all of the buzz is about)
--Massive internet traffic relating to Ron Paul in blogs popping up all over
--Communities themselves may learn that there is a politician that they may want to look into if they didn't know about him (saturate the communities with knowledge on real political change)
--Office chat, word of mouth around the watercooler talk about the hot thing on the internet...
--Bring out closet Ron Paul supporters/sway fringe voters to realizing the huge presence there is
--Force the issue of why all of these organizations could support his political background, but he is not covered... and even worse smeared to shreds
--Many more... I am sure

Anyways, there is a lot to this idea that would need to be figured out, such as timing, possible frequency as presidential race goes underway, and overall purpose.

Let me know about feedback on this idea, as it just came to my head last night and I think there may be some major potential here, as social media is becoming looked upon higher these days as the MSM (who will not help Ron Paul win 2012, so don't rely on them or be angry when they don't cover him fairly again). Oh yeah, and I guess the "purpose" of this shouldn't be to promote his presidency until he announces... but there could still be exposure to his policies at first... imagine the amount of power if all internet communities worked together for a common goal, now that is what I call grassoroots...

Scott Wilson
10-09-2010, 04:19 AM
There is plenty of well written and documented information online about liberty and Ron Paul. It is all there for people to seek out if they choose.

In my opinion, the issue is not about tailing onto a new marketing strategy which Alex Jones is using to promote himself. I think it would be far more effective to be involved locally in one's own community in some sort of education outreach which, in turn, will nurture a desire in people to seek out information on liberty of which they will find a plethora online. Most people are not inclined to question or even go so far as to change a long held consensus view of reality.

Take a lesson from 2008. Many supporters of Ron Paul were overly optimistic in regards to his chances, particularly those who spent their time campaigning online only. Those who actually got out and went door to door and were involved in local community events had far more realistic expectations as they were dealing with real people face to face. This is partly what led to the Tea Party we see today, real people and real action, although the movement has been easily co-opted by mainstream media influences as people are naturally inclined to seek a source which they perceive to be telling them what they want to hear.

I would like to raise a cautionary note in regards to Alex Jones and his material. That man has a history of lying and sensationalising in order to promote his agenda. He serves as an attractive outlet for people to vent their frustrations, discredit themselves (by being associated with erronous information), and finally, to neutralise their effectiveness by throwing their energies and dependence into a circle jerk without end.

Remember that many people love to have someone out their spoon feeding them what they want to hear. Some pick CNN, others choose Fox, still others gravitate towards Alex Jones.

Truth is elusive at best and we must be very cautious indeed in regards to where and with what we choose to align ourselves.

I commend you for stating your idea. :)

bwlibertyman
10-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I like this idea. I think it has a lot of potential. The internet is a great tool to use. Assuming rp runs I think it would work. We would spread the word by having a lot of people search rp or seeing that rp is being searched so they would look up rp and see what all the fuss is about. Also it brings a bunch of potential allies together. We can add anti- abortion groups, pro 2nd amendment groups, anti war groups, pro drugs, pro freedom groups to this list. There are just so many groups that can be potential allies that could get behind ron paul because he supports the things that they support. I really like this idea and I think more people should give it some credence